Author Topic: That band IDLES are still shit, then  (Read 5720 times)

Cuellar

• I'm over here
Re: That band IDLES are still shit, then
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2020, 06:47:43 PM »
Model ONLY model GAY model IN THE VILLAGE

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2020, 06:20:50 AM »
As a casual listener to R6 music only when I'm driving, I never realised the name of the band who are responsible for that piece of aural excrement "Village" or whatever the fuck it's called. I'm going to send an email to Mary Ann Hobbs and tell her to stop having such a dull horrible voice so people who are driving can hear the names of bands after a song they hate has been played. I do realise that this will be tricky for her at the age of nearly 60 but everyone will benefit ie less people crashing their cars after falling asleep listening to her drone.

Chriddof

• Sad mammal.
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2020, 08:08:16 AM »
All I can say is that if Idles, Fat White Family and Sleaford Mods represent the best of politically switched on indie, then maybe indie should be thrown into a furnace.

Also, that fucking FWF quote:

the last thing our increasingly puritanical culture needs right now is a bunch of self-neutering middle-class boobs telling us to be nice to immigrants; you might call that art, I call it sententious pedantry

I don't call that art - instead I call it basic human respect, you little streak of lank-haired piss.

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2020, 06:05:51 PM »
I wasn't aware of the Sleaford Mods vs. IDLES beef until recently, seems yer man Jason took issue with the IDLES guy using the word "Tarquin" in a song even though he's middle class, as though he was trying to hoodwink the audience.

Maybe so, but even if he was working class/didn't have that lyric the song would still be fucking dog dirt.

TBH I find the lines about Trevor Nelson/Mary Berry in the same song weirder. I get the (rubbish) idea is that "EVEN <insert boring celebrity> HAS A JOB" but why pick those two people specifically?

It's a bit rich as well considering the same people wanking over IDLES were the same lot of tasteless boring twats who were lauding Sleaford Mods as the voices of a generation about 2 years ago, despite them having two songs (and one of them is about poo poo or something)

Tags: