Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

That band IDLES are still shit, then

Started by The Mollusk, September 28, 2020, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Norton Canes

Pop Will Eat Itself want their demo back

Crabwalk

Ha ha, great work Nags! Especially love the half-hearted retches.

kngen

thugler

That is glorious, nice one nags! all these lyrics are spot on as well.

Fucking hell, i just realised the singer is 36. Is he not even a tiny bit embarrassed ?

JaDanketies

good job deffo, it sounds exactly like an IDLES parody ought to sound, you got their music down

sevendaughters

The Mollusk

Thanks everyone! :)

I'm considering making more but I honestly think I would get bored of it really quickly, as their music is so flat and vacuous I wouldn't really know what to do with it. Maybe I'll just use the same backing track over and over but change the lyrics and swap the birdcall samples for something else. Clown horns?

non capisco

Ha ha ha, fucking hell. Love the trademark shite cackle at the beginning.

kngen

Not trying to match the excellent faux-Idles lyrics in this thread, but I had a feeling that Talk to Transformer might be raise Model Village above playground taunting levels. And, lo, it did, creating a kind of an evil Captain Beefheart vibe that I'd like to hear properly now.

A lot of nine-fingered boys in the village
They haven't got much choice in the village (Yeah)
Model car, model wife, model village
Model far, model right, model village
They ain't too friendly in the village (In the village)
There's a tabloid frenzy in the village
He's "not a racist but" in the village
Gotta drive half-cut in the village

So when you go to the fair
You better have a beer or you might get lucky
Can't turn a blind eye to the mafia, boy
Tell me a lie, there ain't no such thing as a little white lie
There ain't no such thing as a white lie in the village
Killer turned white
The pilot is a thug
He's a bad boy, a meany
He don't have a sense of humour
So when you're walking in the rain
And you don't know what you're doing
I've seen a lot of dead people
So when you take the final pill
Watch out for my knife

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Seconding the praise for that fantastic Mollusk Idles song, absolutely spot on.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Janie Jones

I don't mind Idles, as noted in CaB's previous threads about them, I saw them before matey got angry when his mum died and they got woke, when they were Indie Landfill supporting the Maccabees about 7 years ago and I also saw them in 2018; it was noticeable how boomer-heavy the audience was. Model Village is a terrible song though.

bgmnts

Nags you've just created a pop song there.

The Mollusk

Egyptian Feast

Excellent work, nags. Much better than what I've heard of Idles and your voice doesn't sound like farts.

bgmnts

Yeah consider me an official groupie.

Reigns on the album is a great song, so there.

(Rest of the album is shit like)

Dr Marbles

Lurker swooping in to tip my hat at everyone in the last couple of pages - this is just some incredible stuff.

PlanktonSideburns

to be fair, it was about time someone stuck it to villages

idunnosomename

it felt like 12 minutes. if it was like 2 i'd be like ok cool riff but i fucking hate this band now

cant we also talk about the wanky video. wank

buzby

Excellent Nags - nice to hear the famous Pacific Loon sample in there too!

The Mollusk

Quote from: buzby on October 02, 2020, 08:45:17 AM
Excellent Nags - nice to hear the famous Pacific Loon sample in there too!

I couldn't think of a way to fill the second bridge without recording more vocals, which I couldn't be arsed to do, so I just looked up what sound effects were available in the software. I thought bird calls would be appropriate because "twit twoo" and SEXISM BAD and all that. Also it just sounds funny.

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 02, 2020, 01:02:00 AM
it felt like 12 minutes. if it was like 2 i'd be like ok cool riff but i fucking hate this band now

cant we also talk about the wanky video. wank

Mate you know who directed it? Michel fucking Gondry. The dude who made the incredible videos for Fell in Love With a Girl, Star Guitar and Cibo Matto's Sugar Water churned out this elitist piss where, in the first 30 seconds, a pregnant trophy woman with a pig snout robotically churns a baby out of a car exhaust. It's embarrassing.

lankyguy95

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 01, 2020, 10:04:54 AM
His review brought another new song of theirs to my attention: Ne Touche Pas Moi, whose lyrics are:
Just listened to this to check you weren't exaggerating.

How can anyone not find that shit embarrassing? Absolutely woeful.

Cuellar

Wonder when the first 'story' about these lads will come out

good times

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 01, 2020, 10:56:37 AM
I have honestly been thinking about writing a parody song. I mean, it wouldn't take very long would it? Could probably knock out an EP over the next couple of days.

Funny you say that as I think a lot of IDLES music sounds like Chris Morris's old parody songs.

I've not much to add to this thread as it's all been articulated (and well), but I just wanted to say I'm glad that it exists because even amongst friends who normally have good taste I seem to be one of the few who thinks they're a steaming pile of dog shite.

boki

Quote from: Cuellar on October 02, 2020, 10:45:24 AM
Wonder when the first 'story' about these lads will come out

I reckon Pants Lad is somehow hiding something.

idunnosomename

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 19, 1970, 01:53:46 PM

Mate you know who directed it? Michel fucking Gondry. The dude who made the incredible videos for Fell in Love With a Girl, Star Guitar and Cibo Matto's Sugar Water churned out this elitist piss where, in the first 30 seconds, a pregnant trophy woman with a pig snout robotically churns a baby out of a car exhaust. It's embarrassing.
well. I suppose some (only some) of the animation is quite nice but conceptually it's one of the worst music videos ive ever seen