Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:45:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oldest Sitcom Lead Actor Still Alive?

Started by Satchmo Distel, September 29, 2020, 10:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on October 14, 2020, 10:06:42 AMHe was acquitted  man, just let it go.

All those butterflies, pinned to a board. Sadistic bastard.

New page oldest sitcom twattery.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on October 14, 2020, 08:39:58 AM
Surely, his most famous roles are Tim Spanker in BBC's House Of Cards, Inspector Lestrade in ITV's Sherlock Holmes and The General in Nu-Metallers, Reuben promo video for Blood, Bunny, Larkhall? (his son's band)

I mentioned his serious roles in passing but this thread's about TV comedy.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 14, 2020, 08:49:03 AM
Grandson, Shirley?

His son was the manager.

Quotethe near- illicit thrill of hearing George A. Cooper playing Bill'ys dad ( The Fall consider re....no, we've no time for that nonsense) saying " bloody" all the time. Always the talk of the playground at infant's school the next day.

Also "pigging"!

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 14, 2020, 08:49:03 AM
Grandson, Shirley?
Let's not forget his being a cast member of early 80s bbc2 - broadcast shoe  Dear Heart, sharing a cast with Toyah Wilcox, in which he appeared in at least one sketch as a teenager, a role he may have possibly been a bit on the mature side for.
But yeah, he'll always be Shadrack in the telly versh of Billy Liar to me ( a long haired Jeff Rawle, a good few years before he got a haircut and donned the comfy cardie for his role in Drop The Dead Donkey played our eponymous hero), a young Lisa's favourite comedy series of the time, partly from the near- illicit thrill of hearing George A. Cooper playing Bill'ys dad ( The Fall consider re....no, we've no time for that nonsense) saying " bloody" all the time. Always the talk of the playground at infant's school the next day.

The other two roles I associate him with is Donald the sneak from Dennis Potter's Blue Remembered Hills (1979) and the shaman, Hizzenor from The Island (1980).

But of course, his finest moment is singing the theme tune to this TV classic. I can just imagine him in the recording booth, "Christ, this bugger is harder than I thought. Give me a pen, the lyrics don't scan at the end."

The only link
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1670718613143237

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on October 13, 2020, 11:43:21 PM
She joined the cast of OAH at the age of 40. She was in infamous PIF Building Sites Bite as "Auntie", aged 36.

OT - and a bit - but I'm now watching Building Sites Bite. It has taken a somewhat unexpected twist with the kid in the not-TARDIS