Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 III - Mo Cuntery for Old Men

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 30, 2020, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"If the political system you followed brought you to this, of what use was the political system?"

Previous thread here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,78037.0.html

GoblinAhFuckScary

chveik

Menu

Old Nehamkin

GoblinAhFuckScary

imitationleather

Menu

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 30, 2020, 04:13:49 AM

There he is! POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT POST THAT CAT.

jobotic

Look at Trump calling in fascists to attack people on his behalf, awful.

Next year Prime minister Gove is calling on the Football Lads Alliance to forcibly enter schools and remove Remainer teachers.

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

Why didn't Wallace correct Trump when Trump said his rallies were outside? Most of them have been inside haven't they?

Retinend

I don't think Biden did that badly. He seemed a little doddery, I see that, but my main impression was that he was above the insults in a way Hilary wasn't. He had that sort of aloof grin that undermined Trump without avoided seeming arrogant or elitist. When he said "you're the worst president we've ever had" it seemed like he was speaking a commonly agreed fact, not an opinion.

His arguments were pretty lame and you could pick holes in them, but that's not the point: this was just a way to get a handle on his character under adversity, and I think he did very well and came across as very presidential. Trump seemed rattled and constantly needed to interrupt and butt against the moderator. My impression was that the average person watching this would see, out of the two old men on stage, only one person acting their age.

Meanwhile, my twitter feed is full of people interpreting that Trump was dogwhistling to his "deplorable", "alt-light" base by saying "stand back and stand by" to Gavin McInnes's "men's fraternity", the Proud Boys, which, though ambiguous on the face of it, has indeed been taken as a nod of the head, not as a scolding, by the group in question: https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1311143872873918466

Retinend

oh and you dudes need to work out how to use snipping tool and imgur

this is the image discussed above:

idunnosomename

Have i not woken up yet or is "stand back and stand by" patently non-sequitur nonsense

Retinend

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 30, 2020, 09:17:43 AM
Have i not woken up yet or is "stand back and stand by" patently non-sequitur nonsense

Yeah the phrase is "stand down"... yet people call Biden doddery.

edit: maybe he was truly trying to dogwhistle, like "stand back and stand by for the coming storm", but I just reckon he has a shitty command of the langauage

context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1lY5jFNcQ&t=1h32m53s
soundbite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1lY5jFNcQ&t=1h33m36s

Thursday

Urinal Cake

I think the idea that people are exhausted by Trump and the MAGA crew has a lot more merit now. MAGA won't shut up about how Wallace interrupted Trump. It's just beginning.

jobotic

He does look more and more like a petulant loser rather than the big tough guy he wants to be.

But he'll probably win.

Chairman Yang

It's not like 'Stand down... but someone needs to do something about antifa' would be any better. It's still one of his cryptic, rambling calls to action. Fuckdown D.C. continues apace.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Horrible isn't it?

Choosing between another wretched useless stopgap temporarily staying the increasing pace of America's downward spiral who would fight the next election aged 81 (or ideally aged Dead) or hoping the idiot in charge gets another 4 years and fucks up things so badly, (with obvious innocent casualties) that something good must emerge from the ashes.

Paul Calf

Of course he was fucking dogwhistling. He's approaching an election that he's widely tipped to lose and he's just told an armed militia group to 'stand by'.

What planet are these fascist-enabling cunts on?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 30, 2020, 10:35:49 AM
Horrible isn't it?

Choosing between another wretched useless stopgap temporarily staying the increasing pace of America's downward spiral who would fight the next election aged 81 (or ideally aged Dead) or hoping the idiot in charge gets another 4 years and fucks up things so badly, (with obvious innocent casualties) that something good must emerge from the ashes.
I really believe after four more years of Trump, or even Biden, it'll be someone else even worse next - by which I mean, same far-right policies but with enough intelligence/focus to actually carry out whatever extreme measures are deemed necessary to "save America".

Hundhoon

ive never seen Twitter so algorithmically biased. the editors are really promoting Biden.

Twitter is the Channel 4 of Big Tech its always leaned left. but past 24 hours its just dropped all pretences of impartiality.

find it a bit unsettling, i dont care who wins, its reminiscent of the Soviet gerontocracy in 1980s before it collapsed,  i hate both and nothing will change,  they are not much different, its just weird watching the internet be slowly corporatized.   

Didn't think Biden handled the goading well, personally.  Was put off easily and often by a professional troll.  The Democrats need a fucking good hard look at themselves regardless of the result - Biden, Pelosi, Ginsberg are symptomatic of a cosy, rich, elderly, rich bunch of cunts who's great offer is the status quo, only with the shouty racism removed.  Banging on about the constitution like the traditional conservative twats that they are, whilst failing to see that the constitution is a key factor in a rigged & racist system.

Don't understand how anyone can interpret Trump's words as anything but a call to arms to the US's version of the NF.