Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 III - Mo Cuntery for Old Men

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 30, 2020, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Pranet on October 18, 2020, 09:29:04 AM
One of those supporters is Irish. Another is a car.
i'd hear out the car's political opinions before i listen to those of kid rock

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 18, 2020, 11:42:15 AM
i'd hear out the car's political opinions before i listen to those of kid rock

They could be "wheel-y" good!

The steering wants a look - drifts very strongly to the right!

Etc

peanutbutter

If Biden wins, how long until Kamala is made president? You'd have to imagine they want her as an incumbent so she can't be primaried as easily and seems pretty obvious they can force Biden to jump if he's unwilling to with all the Hunter stuff but what would be the time to pull the trigger. Directly after the midterms? Awkwardly attempt to announce some kind of transitory period where she's like co-president rather than ever outright giving her it?

Very hard to see how whatever their plan with her is isn't gonna totally blow up in their faces though.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 18, 2020, 07:30:07 PM
If Biden wins, how long until Kamala is made president? You'd have to imagine they want her as an incumbent so she can't be primaried as easily and seems pretty obvious they can force Biden to jump if he's unwilling to with all the Hunter stuff but what would be the time to pull the trigger. Directly after the midterms? Awkwardly attempt to announce some kind of transitory period where she's like co-president rather than ever outright giving her it?

Very hard to see how whatever their plan with her is isn't gonna totally blow up in their faces though.

None of the above. These are very strange hypotheticals. The last time a President quit mid-term without being forced out by a really obvious, really bad crime he himself definitely did is never.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 18, 2020, 07:54:41 PM
None of the above. These are very strange hypotheticals. The last time a President quit mid-term without being forced out by a really obvious, really bad crime he himself definitely did is never.
When's the last time one was in their 80s while in office and realistically after just fluking their way to the presidency in a manner that's gonna lead to a very strong backlash from all sides though? Has there ever even been one who obviously isn't gonna be doing a second term?

It'll be a weird presidency and I can't imagine the dems not doing everything remotely possible to ensure Harris is their nominee in 2024. We're gonna see way more of her than Biden over the next 4 years

Bernice

How did he fluke his way and why is it going to lead to a strong backlash?

El Unicornio, mang

One of the top comments on his latest Twitter post

Alberon

Trump still trying to recover from Bernie not winning the nomination.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This is just standard copy and paste every single US election

Alberon

Surely no one outside of Trump's base would fall for that?

Urinal Cake

If Biden becomes lazy/ incapacitated they'll do a Reagan. He's already said he might quit after one term.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Bernice on October 18, 2020, 08:07:12 PM
How did he fluke his way and why is it going to lead to a strong backlash?

Fluke:
The dems only got behind him at the last minute when they realised he was the only option to get rid of Bernie
The pandemic has made a lot of his weaknesses into strengths
The terrible handling of it has ramped up the "anyone but Trump" vote to an unprecedented level, in a regular cycle by this stage Biden would be facing a pretty firm backlash for either hiding away or just being a bit of an entitled prick

Backlash:
"anyone but Trump" might keep media types satiated for a full term but regular people are gonna move past that pretty fast, especially with the economic situation they're gonna be in
He's not gonna bring any kind of significant reform, even Obama took a huge hit in 2010 midterms when enthusiasm was totally muted, at this stage it'll be riots and shit as bad as they are now
It'll be actively in the GOP's interest to stoke the fuck outta that dissent if they're not in power

I struggle to see how it can be anything but a republican president in 2024 tbh

VegaLA

Quote from: lipsink on October 18, 2020, 10:08:57 AM
It's Dennis Quaid, isn't it? I never actually knew until now that Dennis and Randy are brothers.

FUCK I always mess that up...Dennis when I mean Randy, Randy when I mean Dennis. Dennis had the problem with the shark and Randy just has ....issues.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 18, 2020, 10:51:27 PM
I struggle to see how it can be anything but a republican president in 2024 tbh

Welcome Mormon President Romney, beloved centrist and won the election with an astounding 462% of the vote. Hilary supporters were allowed to vote as many times as they felt they wanted to, so that their love for a True American Hero was fully shared with the public.

EOLAN

Quote from: VegaLA on October 18, 2020, 11:56:34 PM
FUCK I always mess that up...Dennis when I mean Randy, Randy when I mean Dennis. Dennis had the problem with the shark and Randy just has ....issues.

I think I tend to mix up Denis Quaid and Dan Quayle.

Thursday

Problem is, Trump's base is a HUGE section of the American public.

Urinal Cake

This Jon Voight video is a little bit unhinged. I mean Jesus and Moses?

steve98

Here's a dude danglin' from Trump Tower Chicago. He's demanding to speak to Trump or he'll cut the rope*. Will Trump speak to him? Don't rule it out. Will they dangle Trump from a helicopter to talk him down? Maybe. Stay tuned.

*He doesn't actually say what he's protesting about, just exercising his right to protest. Very odd.

https://twitter.com/BenMart82347612/status/1318005650283098112

Menu

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 18, 2020, 08:03:15 PM
When's the last time one was in their 80s while in office and realistically after just fluking their way to the presidency in a manner that's gonna lead to a very strong backlash from all sides though? Has there ever even been one who obviously isn't gonna be doing a second term?

It'll be a weird presidency and I can't imagine the dems not doing everything remotely possible to ensure Harris is their nominee in 2024. We're gonna see way more of her than Biden over the next 4 years

I think a backlash is less likely than a period of relieved calm. I think most Americans have had quite enough of crazy divisive presidenting and will welcome a more sober commander in chief, even if slightly enfeebled. It'll feel like a nice shot of valium. Lovely.

Re the Republicans: if it IS a Biden landslide, the Republican party is going to implode. They are split down the middle. It's effectively two parties atm and they will be leaderless. So they will have to make a decision: Come back to reality or go even crazier with Trump Mk 2. I can't predict which way it will go. The energy is all with the crazies. But what about people like Paul Ryan who have gone underground for four years?

C_Larence

Quote from: Menu on October 19, 2020, 04:24:23 AM
I think a backlash is less likely than a period of relieved calm. I think most Americans have had quite enough of crazy divisive presidenting and will welcome a more sober commander in chief, even if slightly enfeebled. It'll feel like a nice shot of valium. Lovely.

Re the Republicans: if it IS a Biden landslide, the Republican party is going to implode. They are split down the middle. It's effectively two parties atm and they will be leaderless. So they will have to make a decision: Come back to reality or go even crazier with Trump Mk 2. I can't predict which way it will go. The energy is all with the crazies. But what about people like Paul Ryan who have gone underground for four years?

What will happen to the calm when the president who has assured his big money donors that "nothing will change" under his rule doesn't do anything to help them? It won't be enough to have a more presidential person in the White House if what he's presiding over is high unemployment rates, a raging pandemic and extreme inequality.

Menu

Quote from: C_Larence on October 19, 2020, 04:41:36 AM
What will happen to the calm when the president who has assured his big money donors that "nothing will change" under his rule doesn't do anything to help them? It won't be enough to have a more presidential person in the White House if what he's presiding over is high unemployment rates, a raging pandemic and extreme inequality.

I'm not talking about specific policy(although if the Dems manage to get control of both houses they will be able to make a significant economic break from the current shitshow), more that people will be able to once again ignore politics rather than be scared shitless by it on a daily basis. That will be pretty big for most people.

Paul Calf

Quote from: rjd2 on October 17, 2020, 02:16:40 AM
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/celebrities-who-support-donald-trump/2/

That's the most famous list of trump supporters who have vocally backed him.

For one horrible moment, I thought Trace Adkins (whohewhohe?) was Shaun Ryder.

Paul Calf

Quote"Phenomenal president. Quite possibly the USA [greatest of all time]. Most certainly one of them anyway, as he sits atop the shoulders of many amazing giants that came before him."

I mean, Conor McGregor makes about as much sense as you'd expect someone who gets his head smashed against the floor for a living to make.

greenman

Theres always been a pretty strong MAGA element associated with MMA various fighters have tried to play to.

Urinal Cake

Seems like the Hunter leak didn't go as planned so now he's being called a pedo. Sometimes being a sleazy, corrupt drug addict just isn't enough.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Menu on October 19, 2020, 04:24:23 AM
This sort of stuff is always said wrt Republicans but if there's one thing the right are good at its uniting together their wildly divergent groups to vote for whatever chosen cunt they put out. All they need is a sufficiently underwhelming opposition.
They could spend the next four years warring but it makes fuck all difference if they'll unite on voting day

ajsmith2

Boring new Garrison cartoon not worth posting here but the blurb contains one good zinger:

https://grrrgraphics.com/will-joe-biden-get-tested/

'His son Hunter is a crack head and pedophile. Joe is a pedophile with a cracked head.'

idunnosomename

It's almost like his heart isnt in drawing buff Trump anymore