Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mrs Hinch's spaghetti hoop pie and other much-berated cooking ideas

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 01, 2020, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Personally I think this looks quite tasty. This story has made me hungry, not outraged:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/mrs-hinchs-spaghetti-hoop-pie-22772944

QuoteMrs Hinch then empties out a whole pot of spaghetti hoops into an oven dish, followed by cheese and spinach.

She then repeats the entire process again, before topping it off with buttery mash potato...

Unfortunately, it was not long after that fans rushed to Twitter to slam the meal as they branded it a "national disgrace" among other insults.

One outraged fan shared the video on Twitter, writing: "It's been over 24 hours and yet my mind is still consumed by the chaotic slop Mrs Hinch had for her lunch yesterday.."

What other recipes that have attracted much derision online do you like?

Sebastian Cobb

As a povvo student/young professional who hadn't quite learned to cook from scratch I used to make a pie that was basically just fried mince, onions, potatoes and a can of oxtail soup.

Dex Sawash

On her own food show, Nadia from bakeoff put spaghetti hoops in some dish as a shortcut. She drained them first and then used the hoop discharge with some cabbage to make a slaw. I assume some part of the internet had a problem with that.

Icehaven

Buelligan

No, it's just a polite way of announcing that Keir Starmer's had a poo.

Dex Sawash

ASFTSN

I hate the way the internet makes people communicate (myself included).

"...and yet my mind is still consumed by the chaotic slop..." Get the fuck over yourself mate.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 01, 2020, 10:20:35 AM

Nothing will ever top this.

Fucking size of that photo as well.

I tried the slow cooked pulled pork done in Irn Bru. It was disgusting but thankfully most of the awfulness stayed in the juices rather than going into the pork so it was salvageable.

Butchers Blind

idunnosomename

I like how old man with can is the polar opposite resolution to crab in a baguette

Buelligan

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 01, 2020, 10:23:50 AM

I think it's interesting that the old man looks such an old man of the working class but, but, put him in a wing collar and morning dress and he looks like the leader of an important world power during the last big war in Europe. 

The woman, however, is different.  Sure, if you imagine her unconscious or dead, pop her in a posh frock and big hat or tiara, she'd easily pass.  But alive, expressing herself like that, not a chance, simply because she's expressing herself.  That picture speaks eloquently to me about the social differences between men and women.

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe she'd look a lot more powerful if she was the one with the tinned chicken.

Buelligan

Heh, no, I think she looks powerful.  I think it's one advantage working class women generally can be said to have over their privileged sisters (at least historically if not now), the ability/permission to show their feelings.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

She can make me some crap food any time she likes ( Mrs. Hinch I mean, although she's a bit " Hollyoaks" ish. Shame about the eyebrows, too).

Actually got the look of Ronni Anconna doing a generic Essex Girl impression about her.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

...but all food that originates in the British Isles is chaotic slop.

flotemysost

I've had some indirect dealings with Mrs. Hinch through work - whenever I hear there's something involving her coming up, I do feel a bit of a cold dread creeping through me. Heard the same from a mate who used to work for a shopping channel which did some sort of promo with her (on one of her espoused cleaning gadgets).

I'd eat that pie, mind. Although seeing anything referred to as a pie which is just a dish of hot liquid with a flimsy carbohydrate lid on top is always a bit disappointing (more so if you order it out somewhere and it's too late by the time it arrives).

The Mollusk

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 01, 2020, 12:42:19 PM
Maybe she'd look a lot more powerful if she was the one with the tinned chicken.

You can tell from the photo that's exactly what's going through her mind as well.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 01, 2020, 09:41:29 PM
You can tell from the photo that's exactly what's going through her mind as well.

It reminds me of a woman who my grandparents used to take shopping. She bought shitloads of cat food but her cat looked skinny as fuck. Some tom had been coming in through the cat flap and eating it apparently.

idunnosomename

she thinks the bloke with the power of the old tinned chicken is a fucking idiot. not sure what else I can add to that

bgmnts

Yeah but its still unestablished whether Kay's parody or not right?

wooders1978

Her name is Sophie hinchcliffe and she's about 30 - "mrs hinch" my arse

touchingcloth

I used to buy packets of cheap noodles, and boil them in tinned soup rather than water.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 01, 2020, 10:23:28 PM
I used to buy packets of cheap noodles, and boil them in tinned soup rather than water.

I had a go at making my own 'pot noodles' based on a recipe of a friend. Largely them discs of noodles, stock and a tablespoon of curry paste and a handful of frozen veg.

One of the few things that has given me what I assume is heartburn, and I eat all sorts of shit.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 01, 2020, 10:30:24 PM
I had a go at making my own 'pot noodles' based on a recipe of a friend. Largely them discs of noodles, stock and a tablespoon of curry paste and a handful of frozen veg.

One of the few things that has given me what I assume is heartburn, and I eat all sorts of shit.

I've been getting chronic gurgly stomach and the shits for the past few months. I started keeping a food diary and narrowed it down to Thai curry. I make them with meat, fish or veg, so it's the stuff in the paste (not necessarily the chilli as other hot dishes don't have the same effect), the shrimp paste, the fish sauce, or the coconut milk.

I'm not going to stop eating them, as they're totally worth a bit of the old bog penance.

anyone actually had tinned chicken? What's it like? it looks quite mushy?