Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:42:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mrs Hinch's spaghetti hoop pie and other much-berated cooking ideas

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 01, 2020, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Crumb

We're not even in the same league as Americans, and their recipes which double as mayonnaise eating contests:

One pint of mayonnaise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Salad night (mayonnaise and beans, tomatoes, pasta and mayonnaise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUW_bXll6YM

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 01, 2020, 10:48:34 PM
I've been getting chronic gurgly stomach and the shits for the past few months. I started keeping a food diary and narrowed it down to Thai curry. I make them with meat, fish or veg, so it's the stuff in the paste (not necessarily the chilli as other hot dishes don't have the same effect), the shrimp paste, the fish sauce, or the coconut milk.

I'm not going to stop eating them, as they're totally worth a bit of the old bog penance.

Quite right.

I'm fine with quite hot curries and stuff like that. But a few quite nice mexican recipes have done me in, mostly of the almost stir-fry variety that call for lots of chilli powder that you can't tone down and use chilli's with as they won't infuse.

Bazooka

Your gut has to evolve,beat it down and build it up, I snack on chillies daily and my innards feel pristine. I haven't drank booze for nearly a year,that helps in that relation to that, spice and liquor together was gut witchcraft.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah I get on fine with stuff involving actual fresh chillis. Fajitas made with a tablespoon of chilli powder and I'll be busy the next day.

touchingcloth

Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna is such an easy meal. Enjoy this cheesy, meaty, and hearty dish even on busy weeknights!

Italian dishes surely are tasty and hearty just like this pasta dish.

This Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna recipe has made it into my regular menu rotation because it is so easy to prepare and tastes amazing. And why make it so often? Just because it is hearty, and the tomato-cheese combination is simply amazing.

Imagine having to cook the beef mixture and cheese mixture separately, then, assembling and baking the classic dish. Not that it is impossible, but this easier crockpot version does exist!

So, it has become my go-to recipe whenever I just want to have some extra rest. At times like this, I crave some home-cooked comfort food and I resort to recipes like this.

I don't know whether to be more concerned about the repeated use of "hearty", or the fact that this "home-cooked" recipe involves putting cheese on top of pre-made ravioli in a slow cooker.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 01, 2020, 10:30:24 PM
I had a go at making my own 'pot noodles' based on a recipe of a friend. Largely them discs of noodles, stock and a tablespoon of curry paste and a handful of frozen veg.

I used to enhance pot noodles by adding extra ingedients- some finely chopped onion, a handful of garden peas, a few slivers of red pepper- and the coup de grâce; flakes of edible gold.

buzby

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on October 01, 2020, 10:50:15 PM
anyone actually had tinned chicken? What's it like? it looks quite mushy?
*Warning - contains Ashens*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E

We briefly used to sell someting equally disgusting in Kwik Save - a small whole chicken that had been vacuum sealed in plastic and then cooked in an autoclave (like one of those Mattesons U-shaped sausages but more disgusting). If one of the bags was punctured we used to draw lots over who had to 'deal' with it.

thenoise

Spend all day cleaning and moving clutter about then give your kids shit from a tin to eat. 21st century version of a housewife, there. Sorry, I mean 'full time mum and entrepreneur'.

thenoise

The food itself looks edible enough if I hadn't managed to get to the shops,was ill or pissed or depressed. It's a strange thing to be sufficiently proud of as to share your 'recipe' with the internet.

Bazooka

Quote from: buzby on October 02, 2020, 07:59:40 AM
*Warning - contains Ashens*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E

We briefly used to sell someting equally disgusting in Kwik Save - a small whole chicken that had been vacuum sealed in plastic and then cooked in an autoclave (like one of those Mattesons U-shaped sausages but more disgusting). If one of the bags was punctured we used to draw lots over who had to 'deal' with it.

It will look like that once digested anyway, so they have sped up the process.

Jerzy Bondov

Can I have a moan about Mrs Hinch's grey interior design. Grey this grey that. Fucking grey everything. Get to fuck with the grey grey grey. Designing a house to look like how a dog would see it. Fuck off grey.

How to make your house look like you are about to die in Call of Duty

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 02, 2020, 12:59:22 AM
I don't know whether to be more concerned about the repeated use of "hearty", or the fact that this "home-cooked" recipe involves putting cheese on top of pre-made ravioli in a slow cooker.

I love a lasagne but I've taken to doing the Guardian's veggie one just because it's so low-effort.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: buzby on October 02, 2020, 07:59:40 AM

Although it was vacuum sealed did that mean it still ended up suspended in its own juices?

buzby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 02, 2020, 11:01:35 AM
Although it was vacuum sealed did that mean it still ended up suspended in its own juices?
Yes, and they had added some brown food colouring to it before sealing and cooking it to try and make it look more palatable. All it did was make it look like a vacuum packed sloppy dirty protest. I don't recall many of them being sold before they were taken off the shelves.

Sebastian Cobb

Come to think of it, what were you meant to do with it if it was cooked? I'm guessing 80's so microwaves weren't ubiquitous even if it would fit, oven would make it too dry probably, did people boil it?

Icehaven

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 02, 2020, 09:32:59 AM

supersavvyme.co.uk? Tell you what's super savvy, not pissing your money up the wall in Ikea every 5 minutes trying to keep up with interior design trends, particularly when they're that boring.

buzby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 02, 2020, 11:41:54 AM
Come to think of it, what were you meant to do with it if it was cooked? I'm guessing 80's so microwaves weren't ubiquitous even if it would fit, oven would make it too dry probably, did people boil it?
You were just meant to eat it as is I think. They were only small (about 2/3rds the size of the chicken in a can) and it was in the mid 90s so microwaves were well established, but the idea of opening the door to see it percolating away in it's own juices doesn't bear thinking about. They didn't exactly smell great if the bag was punctured either. There was a adhesive paper label on the bag so boiling it would have just made a mess in the pan (though not as much of a mess that was inside the bag).

Bazooka

I'll have the 'Punctured Chicken' please waiter, and if you could please bring me a curly straw.

Blumf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 02, 2020, 11:01:35 AM

Preserved in aspic.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: thenoise on October 02, 2020, 08:41:05 AM
Spend all day cleaning and moving clutter about then give your kids shit from a tin to eat. 21st century version of a housewife, there. Sorry, I mean 'full time mum and entrepreneur'.
The picky bastards probably won't eat anything else.

Icehaven

QuoteMrs Hinch then empties out a whole pot of spaghetti hoops into an oven dish, followed by cheese and spinach.

She then repeats the entire process again, before topping it off with buttery mash potato...

Having pasta and potato in the same dish is quite bad, it's the kind of combination you get in prison.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bazooka on October 02, 2020, 12:01:38 PM
I'll have the 'Punctured Chicken' please waiter, and if you could please bring me a curly straw.

They've all been 'punctured' by the time I've...

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: icehaven on October 02, 2020, 02:21:20 PM
Having pasta and potato in the same dish is quite bad, it's the kind of combination you get in prison.
They serve gnocchi in prison?

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 02, 2020, 12:59:22 AM

Oh no, the humanity of having to spend ten minutes browning up some mince.

Sebastian Cobb

I really love low-grade stodge so am actually tempted to try this.

Icehaven

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on October 02, 2020, 02:30:33 PM
They serve gnocchi in prison?

If they did it'd be served with mash, rice, polenta and a nice side of 4 slices of white bread.

thenoise

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 02, 2020, 09:32:59 AM
Can I have a moan about Mrs Hinch's grey interior design. Grey this grey that. Fucking grey everything. Get to fuck with the grey grey grey. Designing a house to look like how a dog would see it. Fuck off grey.

It's so devoid of any personal details, let alone personality. It's like a show home. No photos, no toys, nothing fun. She is trying to hide the fact she has kids? Or any sign that the house has been lived in at all? Is that what Hinching is?

Such a bland version of a trad wife. At least my Gran did cross stitch.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thenoise on October 02, 2020, 03:22:17 PM
It's so devoid of any personal details, let alone personality. It's like a show home. No photos, no toys, nothing fun. She is trying to hide the fact she has kids? Or any sign that the house has been lived in at all? Is that what Hinching is?

A lot of youtubers do it full time and work out of studios. Maybe she doesn't live there?

She could even rent it
http://kitchenlocation.co.uk/