Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mrs Hinch's spaghetti hoop pie and other much-berated cooking ideas

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 01, 2020, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: icehaven on October 02, 2020, 03:07:59 PM
If they did it'd be served with mash, rice, polenta and a nice side of 4 slices of white bread.

I used to work for a company that sold food to the prison service. Seeing what they bought was the most effective deterrent there could be.

That said, there are plenty of times I've happily had lasagna, chips and peas in crappy pubs.

touchingcloth

I've just googled Mrs Hinch rather than click the link in the URL - because fuck tabloid clickbait - and seen her described as "cleaning mad", "cleaning sensation" and something about "cleaning hacks".

Is "cleaning" some euphemism I'm not cool enough to get?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 02, 2020, 07:09:52 PM
I've just googled Mrs Hinch rather than click the link in the URL - because fuck tabloid clickbait - and seen her described as "cleaning mad", "cleaning sensation" and something about "cleaning hacks".
here's a great cleaning hack - BUY TONS OF CHEMICALS.

thenoise

Yeah, it's literally just a woman who keeps her house nice and clean.

Sebastian Cobb

Haaang on is this the influencer lady that is getting flak for using lots of chemicals and taking photos with lots of filters and people have been shaming her with photos of her in a past life as she was a slightly chubby office worker?

I find that baffling given all influencers use filters/photoshop and have lots of surgery to the point they all look interchangeable and their entire job is to drive needless consumption.

I saw a tweet recently where it turned out a lot of them are renting studios that look like private jets to take photos of their 'rich' lifestyles.

touchingcloth

If I were a rich man I'd travel on a Ryanair Boeing rather than a private jet, as those things seem to crash a lot. I'd probably spend the rest of my time biddy biddy bumming.

Kankurette

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 04, 2020, 08:41:55 PM
Haaang on is this the influencer lady that is getting flak for using lots of chemicals and taking photos with lots of filters and people have been shaming her with photos of her in a past life as she was a slightly chubby office worker?

I find that baffling given all influencers use filters/photoshop and have lots of surgery to the point they all look interchangeable and their entire job is to drive needless consumption.

I saw a tweet recently where it turned out a lot of them are renting studios that look like private jets to take photos of their 'rich' lifestyles.
Yes. She's really into Zoflora and spraying the shit out of it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 05, 2020, 07:40:08 AM
If I were a rich man I'd travel on a Ryanair Boeing rather than a private jet, as those things seem to crash a lot. I'd probably spend the rest of my time biddy biddy bumming.
Fiddler on the Roof remake takes some liberties with the original script.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Bazooka on October 02, 2020, 12:49:01 AM
spice and liquor together was gut witchcraft.

Gutcraft.

HP Gutcraft.

Hmm, Halloween-themed booze/chilli condiment idea?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on October 05, 2020, 12:03:41 PM
Fiddler on the Roof remake takes some liberties with the original script.

I thought the biddy biddy would have made it clear that that was the joke.

I wonder how Topol flies? I imagine he must have trouble buying Ryanair tickets online with that name.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 05, 2020, 04:19:27 PM
Ah. I only know the first line. I thought you were just a shameless gerontophile.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on October 05, 2020, 04:29:56 PM
Ah. I only know the first line. I thought you were just a shameless gerontophile.

I like old women, but I couldn't bum a whole one.[nb]If I were a better writer I'd have worded this in a way which acknowledged the fact that there were two biddies and used hole instead of whole. But I'm not a better writer, and "I couldn't bum a hole two" is neither elegant nor funny. [/nb]

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 05, 2020, 04:19:27 PM

I wonder how Topol flies? I imagine he must have trouble buying Ryanair tickets online with that name.

War rocket Ajax

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pasticcio alla Ferrarese, basically spaghetti hoop pie.

One of the nicest meals I've ever had at
Il Mandolino Trattoria
Via delle Volte, Ferrara
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ARBWNxR7Uu1GCkcM8

touchingcloth

Quote from: Kankurette on October 05, 2020, 11:54:27 AM
Yes. She's really into Zoflora and spraying the shit out of it.

People go fucking nuts for Zoflora. Quite the marketing triumph.

Sebastian Cobb

Do people really have serious preferences on cleaning stuff? I just get lidl's kitchen/bathroom stuff 'cos it's cheap and does the job. They only time I've ever took note was when I bought some flash and it was annoyingly smeary.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 10, 2020, 10:40:13 AM
Do people really have serious preferences on cleaning stuff? I just get lidl's kitchen/bathroom stuff 'cos it's cheap and does the job. They only time I've ever took note was when I bought some flash and it was annoyingly smeary.

I don't, but in the domestic corners of the internet (Pinterest and similar) people are bonkers for Zoflora I SPRAY IT EVERYWHERE OMG ITS THE BEST SMELL SO NICE KILL ALL GERMIES

I don't use it, I get cheap non-bleach stuff online cos we have a septic tank, but I used to buy whatever Aldi offered.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 10, 2020, 10:50:31 AM
I don't use it, I get cheap non-bleach stuff online cos we have a septic tank, but I used to buy whatever Aldi offered.

Yeah I tend to use non bleach 'cos I get it everywhere and don't want pink spots on my tshirts. I didn't know you weren't supposed to use bleach with septics, what do you put down the bog?

touchingcloth

This stuff.

I think you can put a bit of bleach down with a septic tank, but they rely on bacterial colonies so using too much could turn it into a shit-gathering rather than processing tank.

thenoise

Local Indian used to give me a free bottle of cocacola with my order, I dont touch the stuff but chuck it straight down the loo making sure to swirl it round,leave for a while then flush - sparkling clean, no limescale etc. Basically has the opposite effect on porcelain to the effect it has on teeth, for some reason.

Dont drink fizzy pop crap as my body is a temple,apart from greasy takeaway curry poppadums and reheated rice mmmm.