Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,399
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:54:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Borat 2 - 23/Oct

Started by evilcommiedictator, October 01, 2020, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 26, 2020, 12:15:58 PM
You can tell they know this isn't real, it's very obvious - they might not know exactly who that it is Borat but it is quite clear that this is a joke being played.

Apparently you can't tell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54731822

Seems a bit shoddy that she wasn't debriefed and was left concerned for the child's welfare

Shit Good Nose

I enjoyed the silliness for the first half hour or so until it largely lost its way from around the ball on.  Also, whilst the actress playing Tutar is very good, the latter subplot about the changing father-daughter relationship felt a bit shoehorned in and like it was from a different film - I want stupid Borat rather than pseudo American sitcom MESSAGES.  But, presumably that was a covid forced shifting of the film.

Mind you, John Chevrolet is worth the price of admission alone.

mojo filters

Quick question - in the week or so since I saw it, I keep seeing Amazon Prime spots across cable news with a clip showing Borat driving with the daughter in a cage on top, telling a cop Only men and bears are allowed in car!

It's not the cleverest joke, but the delivery of that line really cracks me up. Every. Single. Time. It just never seems to get old and/or tired, despite seeing it about 20 times a day.

Weirdly I have no recollection of seeing it in the actual movie. Did I just miss this by some unfortunate coincidence, or was it cut?

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: mojo filters on October 31, 2020, 03:37:59 AM
Quick question - in the week or so since I saw it, I keep seeing Amazon Prime spots across cable news with a clip showing Borat driving with the daughter in a cage on top, telling a cop Only men and bears are allowed in car!

It's not the cleverest joke, but the delivery of that line really cracks me up. Every. Single. Time. It just never seems to get old and/or tired, despite seeing it about 20 times a day.

Weirdly I have no recollection of seeing it in the actual movie. Did I just miss this by some unfortunate coincidence, or was it cut?
Same here, guess it wasn't big enough to fit in?

AsparagusTrevor

A friend at work told me he'd seen an advert with Borat playing golf, which also wasn't in the film as I remember.

Dex Sawash

Will all be in director's cut along with Rudy's festering knob

Thomas

Quote from: mojo filters on October 31, 2020, 03:37:59 AM

Must have been cut - I also read that they were genuinely pulled over whilst filming that sequence.

neveragain

The trailers for the first film also contained lots of deleted scenes.

the science eel

Quote from: neveragain on October 31, 2020, 11:09:04 PM

Including what was (for me) the funniest scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faXDCp0BDU4

Ferris

Quote from: neveragain on October 31, 2020, 11:09:04 PM

Presumably they film huge quantities of these and will retrofit the story and specific plot beats (via handy-dandy voiceover exposition) around whatever pieces worked. It's why the
Spoiler alert
scene at the synagogue
[close]
felt a bit shoehorned in, it worked too well not include it but the story beat it was telling didn't really fit.

colacentral

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 01, 2020, 11:08:03 AM
Presumably they film huge quantities of these and will retrofit the story and specific plot beats (via handy-dandy voiceover exposition) around whatever pieces worked. It's why the
Spoiler alert
scene at the synagogue
[close]
felt a bit shoehorned in, it worked too well not include it but the story beat it was telling didn't really fit.

Yeah. They clearly find scenes they want to use and find an excuse to stitch them together, which is where the narration comes in, e.g. "I thought I needed to X, so I went to Y," with X and Y filled in with whatever convenient excuse needed to go from scene A to scene B.