Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:15:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Archie Lyndhurst is dead

Started by Uncle TechTip, October 01, 2020, 04:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

Not a prank, sadly his son Archie has died at just 19.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/01/only-fools-and-horses-star-nicholas-lyndhursts-son-archie-dies-aged-19-13354893/

This is particularly upsetting as I've been exposed to a LOT of So Awkward via the kids, it's actually a really funny, well made sitcom and he was a leading cast member, and he was as good as any of them (I thought all the kids give brilliant performances in this). His dad turned up for a few episodes as ageing punk uncle. I'd say it's worth checking out but maybe only if you have the cover of kids. (I also think Almost Never by Paul Rose is great)

Was gonna say this was a cunt thread title, but Twitter had "Nicholas Lyndhurst RIP" trending earlier and this has got nothing on that.

lankyguy95

I'll let UTT off on the basis that there were MUCH worse titles available.

19. Horrible.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 01, 2020, 04:20:06 PM
Was gonna say this was a cunt thread title, but Twitter had "Nicholas Lyndhurst RIP" trending earlier and this has got nothing on that.

Nah, it's definitely a cunt title, as it's meant to make us think of Nicholas and so makes light of Archie's death. Can't say I'm surprised though, and as discussed many a time I'm definitely oversensitive when it comes to such things.

jobotic

I agree.

I wasn't aware of him but friends who have an eleven year old daughter and watched So Awkward together are upset by this. Horrible.

Please change the thread title.

Uncle TechTip

Glebe

Fuck, that is fucking dreadful. Not that it wouldn't be horrific anyway, but Nicholas Lyndhurst being for all intents and purposes clearly a lovely bloke makes it that bit more painful. My heart goes out to him and his wife, bloody awful.

Brundle-Fly

This tragedy would devastate any parent but he is known to be such a private, loving, devoted family man, this will destroy him. What they must be going through right now, and at this time must be sheer hell. Archie was showing so much promise in following in his dad's footsteps too and it's just all gone. Life can really be a bastard.

kalowski

That's so sad.
So Awkward is easily the best show on CNBC, and Archie was a very funny lad.
I don't think I can tell my daughter, she'll be devastated.

phes

Hey BBC really need to know what... Boycie and Marlene think about this

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What do Mickey Pearce and Denzil think