Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,400
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump has the ‘vid

Started by Alberon, October 02, 2020, 06:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Dog Botherer on October 13, 2020, 04:22:08 PM
voter suppression is far worse this time round

America has a centuries long and uninterupted history of voter suppression. Throw in unchecked advertising, hard and soft money, lobbying, gerrymandering, voter exclusion, electrical colleges (heh) etc etc and you have a crazy broken democracy that's barely fit for purpose and utterly obsolete and antiquated.

And that's before you throw in Trump's ideas of 12 year terms, lies about mail ballot fraud and encouraging voter intimidation.

Oh and Russia messing with Facebook to try and get the looniest (Russia sympathising) president elected, which might have helped the Donald in 2016. Zuckerberg has ensured Putin and co will be at it again this time.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Biden is a known quantity. He was VP for eight years.

There will always be people whose priority is "owning" or just "fucking" the libs. For them, Trump is not the messiah, or a guy they trust, but somebody who can do some huge damage to the liberals, and that's enough for them.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 13, 2020, 11:01:37 PM
i genuinely think the next stage of this is going to be Trump saying "hey! you wanna see a trump!" then holding the microphone up to his ass and severely shitting himself with it running down his pants and all over the podium. i mean. tell me that's not beyond the bounds of possibility at the moment

Would he then somehow pin the blame on crooked Hilary?

C_Larence

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 13, 2020, 11:41:18 PM
America has a centuries long and uninterupted history of voter suppression. Throw in unchecked advertising, hard and soft money, lobbying, gerrymandering, voter exclusion, electrical colleges (heh) etc etc and you have a crazy broken democracy that's barely fit for purpose and utterly obsolete and antiquated.

And that's before you throw in Trump's ideas of 12 year terms, lies about mail ballot fraud and encouraging voter intimidation.

Oh and Russia messing with Facebook to try and get the looniest (Russia sympathising) president elected, which might have helped the Donald in 2016. Zuckerberg has ensured Putin and co will be at it again this time.

Russia's facebook "help" basically amounted to some memes, most of which were posted after the election. The points you mention in your first paragraph are much more to blame for 2016, Russia is just a useful distraction for all involved.

idunnosomename

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 13, 2020, 11:50:09 PM
Would he then somehow pin the blame on crooked Hilary?
i think he'd probably roll around in the shit and and yell "IM THE BABY! GOTTA LOVE ME!" and throw shit at the crowd, while getting his tiny bollocks out and waving them about

BlodwynPig

Quote from: C_Larence on October 14, 2020, 12:47:58 AM
Russia's facebook "help" basically amounted to some memes, most of which were posted after the election. The points you mention in your first paragraph are much more to blame for 2016, Russia is just a useful distraction for all involved.

Anyone who falls for the Red Scare is a dumbo at best.

chveik

and besides, it's a bit rich coming from people who spend their time overthrowing other governments

kngen

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on October 13, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
Clinton also made the mistake to take for granted (with little campaigning and an emphasis on cultural issues in her program) the rust belt states, while blue collars already felt left alone by Obama (his words about learning to code were taken out of context, but they felt like the idea of some member of an elite disconnected with them), and also (let's be frank) had issues voting for a woman. Clinton also didn't really have some program or some big idea, and looked like four more years of the same politics as with Obama in his second term, with few achievements in sight, and a much more abrasive personality.

This time, the Dems have addressed some of the most egregious mistakes they did four years ago. I'm sure that they're making other mistakes, but they've been more focused on Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin or Minnesota, places for which they didn't care much anymore in 2016. And the polls also reflect this.

Not to mention that, in 2016, the DNC managed to rig their primaries to push ahead with the selection of the one politician in America less popular than Donald Trump. They tried to do it again by going all in with Bloomberg this time around, but have had to settle for Biden, someone they were happy to write off as old and baffled less than a year ago.[nb]Which they were right to do, just not necessarily in favour of a billionaire authoritarian with the all the charm and charisma of a puddle of vomit. [/nb] If Biden wins, they will all pat each other on the back and settle in for some cushy positions in think tanks and corporate boards. But it shouldn't be forgotten that what they really believed is that America would, just like them, fall to its knees and worship a noxious former Republican because of the vast amounts of money he has .... and that's it.

Head Gardener

Rural America 2020 put this billboard up across the street from the site where Trump will hold his rally tomorrow evening.

Dog Botherer

just fucking pissing money down the drain, ffs

Head Gardener

frajer

Thomas

Think Trump came out at his last rally.

Quote'I could come down and start kissing everybody. I'll kiss every guy - man and woman. Man and woman. Look at that guy, how handsome he is. And I'll kiss him - not with a lot of enjoyment but that's okay.'

Then danced offstage to 'Y.M.C.A.' Look at the footage. I had to check it was genuine. Doing Vic Berger's work for him.

Mister Six

Do you think he could go back in again? He's going to tarnish the good name of The Gays.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mister Six on October 14, 2020, 08:34:04 PM
Do you think he could go back in again? He's going to tarnish the good name of The Gays.

Do you think this was Trump's appeal to The Gays bit? "Gotta do something, right...we've got the blacks next week and then the housewives the week after".

idunnosomename

im the president. everything is shit. vote for me as president

druss

Quote from: Thomas on October 14, 2020, 08:05:01 PM
Think Trump came out at his last rally.

Then danced offstage to 'Y.M.C.A.' Look at the footage. I had to check it was genuine. Doing Vic Berger's work for him.
YMCA? After saying he would go and kiss everyone, including the men? Not really though?

Fuck's sake I feel like I'm in a simulation and being trolled.

Jumblegraws

I did wonder if maybe the YMCA thing was a slightly cryptic shoutout to his fash fans ("You can hang out with all the [proud] boys"), but it's probably not that deep.

checkoutgirl

For such a macho, authoratarian style lad, saying you want to kiss men in the audience and then adopt dancing to the Village People's biggest hit seems very strange. He dances like my mate who I only ever saw dance once, at his own wedding. Very badly.

Either he's gone mad with desperation or just accepted he's headed for a crushing defeat in a couple of weeks and wants to go out with a bang. Or he could still be taking those pharmaceutical grade narcotics.

Ashamed to say it but I've been genuinely entertained by Trump for the last couple of weeks. The covid diagnosis has pushed the whole affair into proper soap opera territory.

jobotic

I really hope that it is him trying to appeal to gay people.

I hope he says "ooh look at the muck in here" and invites Joe Biden to chase him at the next debate.

kalowski

Quote from: jobotic on October 15, 2020, 08:33:30 AM
I really hope that it is him trying to appeal to gay people.

I hope he says "ooh look at the muck in here" and invites Joe Biden to chase him at the next debate.
Oh, this made me laugh a lot.

Dex Sawash

BlodwynPig