Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mapleworth Murders (Quibi Show)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, October 02, 2020, 06:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This is another new Quibi show, and after Dummy and Reno 911! the third thing actually worth watching on the service. It's basically a Murder She Wrote spoof where an author (Paula Pell) investigates murders with her niece Heidi (Hayley Magnus) and rubbish cops Gilbert (30 Rock's John Lutz) and Cheif Billy Bills (J.B. Smoove). It's a gentle affair but a very daft and silly one too, and something I've grown increasingly fond of over the 12 episodes (which given Quibi's annoying episode lengths essentially makes for 4 half hour episodes). As well as the really great main cast they've brought in some fantastic guest stars too including Maya Rudolph, Tina Fey, Andy Samberg, Patton Oswalt, D'Arcy Carden, Fred Arminsen, Jack McBrayer, Chris Parnell, Wanda Sykes and various others, and though this is never going to win any awards it's a fun enough way to while away the time.

Mister Six

Small Man Big Horse

Famous Mortimer

Before it started, every sensible media commentator was saying "this is stupid and won't work", at the same time as telling writers to pitch to them like crazy as the money was flowing. Luckily, the licence thing means their shows won't be lost, like some of the other media startups that failed.