Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:33:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NME owner says pandemic wasn't all negative

Started by dr beat, October 04, 2020, 10:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54138180

A PR piece, but once again the corpse of the NME 'brand' is reanimated, this time to stalk the globe. 

Would be interested to hear the Chart Music Podcast team's take on this.

Norton Canes

"Even as plummeting advertising revenues and circulation numbers force increasing numbers of publications to abandon print, NME has recently restarted physical publishing with a monthly magazine in Australia, its only current regular print edition"

One for the desolation thread there.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on October 04, 2020, 11:30:00 AM
"Even as plummeting advertising revenues and circulation numbers force increasing numbers of publications to abandon print, NME has recently restarted physical publishing with a monthly magazine in Australia, its only current regular print edition"

One for the desolation thread there.

They've got an interview with Viva Brother and a review of The Strokes Greatest Greatest Hit

imitationleather

This reminds me of how every few years you see an article about how someone has just bought MySpace and is about to relaunch it.

Icehaven

Quote from: imitationleather on October 04, 2020, 02:24:49 PM
This reminds me of how every few years you see an article about how someone has just bought MySpace and is about to relaunch it.

Had a real "Christ I'm old" moment a few years back when Myspace deleted a load of old profiles and there were cries from thousands of people saying their entire teenage memories had gone etc. I did use Myspace for a year or so in my mid 20s but it would never occur to me to use any website as an archive or that they're necessarily permanent. It's bizarre to think there's adults now who can't really remember not having any social media platforms at all.

The Mollusk

Yeah thankfully all my childhood memories are up here *taps head* like, uh... hmm

Sebastian Cobb

I can't be arsed reading it but I'm guessing they're chuffed Q folded.

boki

Quote from: Norton Canes on October 04, 2020, 11:30:00 AM
Still a penal colony after all these years.

kngen

Quote from: icehaven on October 04, 2020, 03:45:50 PM
Had a real "Christ I'm old" moment a few years back when Myspace deleted a load of old profiles and there were cries from thousands of people saying their entire teenage memories had gone etc. I did use Myspace for a year or so in my mid 20s but it would never occur to me to use any website as an archive or that they're necessarily permanent. It's bizarre to think there's adults now who can't really remember not having any social media platforms at all.

MySpace, somehow, did seem to be the only place I'd stored a picture of me meeting Ice -T, so I can relate to their pain a little bit.

thenoise

One relationship in my early twenties was documented entirely by photos on bebo (remember bebo?) Good job that never worked out I guess.

imitationleather

Quote from: thenoise on October 13, 2020, 07:54:19 AM
One relationship in my early twenties was documented entirely by photos on bebo (remember bebo?) Good job that never worked out I guess.

Bebo!? How old was she, then? Thirteen?!