Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong Doubles: Teams, Draw & Rules - !!!

Started by selectivememory, October 04, 2020, 11:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Right, all shots have been played in the first round, so look out for the draw for the second round in a couple of days, probably late afternoon/early evening.

Dr PolyTrouser will be sitting the round out, the rest of you will all get a match.

selectivememory

First off, here are the first round results:

Funkee Homofiles def L'escargot (9-6)
Dr PolyTrouser def A Touch of Ploff (8-6)

And this is how the table looks at the moment:

SECOND ROUND DRAW:

Right, so Dr PolyTrouser will be sitting this one out, and hopefully Dr Trouser will be able to rejoin the tournament in time for the next round.

Here are the next ties, and the order in which the shots are to be played:

Tie 1: Team E. Smith vs L'escargot (Pearly-Dewdrops Drops - The Mollusk - Mr Farenheit – Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse)
Tie 2: Funkee Homofiles vs A Touch of Ploff (Al Tha Funkee Homosapien – touchingcloth – Lordofthefiles – Spoon of Ploff)   

Serves posted by 4pm on Sunday please. Good luck all!

touchingcloth

Is an actual real scoreboard a Wimblewrong first? selectivememory bringing the swank to our first doubles competition.

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's nice to have someone to bounce ideas off when preparing shots.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

selectivememory

All shots have been played in this round, so when the voting closes on Sunday evening in the Funkee Homofiles/Touch of Ploff match, I'll post the draw for the third round of matches. Probably around 7pm.

selectivememory

And just so everyone knows, Dr Trouser will be able to rejoin the tournament just in time for the next round, so rue won't have to go it alone.

selectivememory

So the second round is finished, and the results are as follows:

Team E. Smith def L'escargot  (11-1)
A Touch of Ploff def Funkee Homofiles (7-6)

And the updated standings:

A reminder that at the end of the group stage, if any teams are tied with places in the final at stake, we'll refer to head-to-head records to determine who gets the spot, and if that doesn't resolve things, we'll look to who has the best difference between votes for and against across all four matches.

Anyway, I'll post the next round of ties within the hour.

selectivememory

THIRD ROUND DRAW

OK, so the matches and the order in which the shots are to be played:

Tie 1: Funkee Homofiles vs Team E. Smith (Lordofthefiles - Mr Farenheit - Al Tha Funkee Homosapien - Pearly-Dewdrops Drops)
Tie 2: Dr PolyTrouser vs L'escargot (rue the polywhirl - Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse - Dr Trouser - The Mollusk)

A Touch of Ploff, take a well-earned break, as you're sitting this one out.

Serves posted by 6.30pm Wednesday please. Good luck all!

The Mollusk

If we don't score big in this round I am going to kill myself.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 25, 2020, 06:41:36 PM
If we don't score big in this round I am going to kill myself.
no you fucking don't, we have two more matches to play and I'm not going solo. Especially since you'll be first to serve our next one.

selectivememory

All shots are in for the third round, so expect the fourth round draw around 9pm on Tuesday.

selectivememory

OK, the results for the third round are in:

L'escargot def Dr PolyTrouser (7-2)
Funkee Homofiles def Team E. Smith (10-2)

And the updated standings:

So it's all pretty close and everyone is still in the running for a spot in the final.

FOURTH ROUND DRAW

Here are the next two matches, and the order in which the shots are to be played:

Tie 1: L'escargot vs A Touch of Ploff (The Mollusk – Spoon of Ploff – Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse - touchingcloth)
Tie 2: Team E. Smith vs Dr PolyTrouser (Mr Farenheit – Dr Trouser – Pearly-Dewdrops Drops – rue the polywhirl)

It's the Funkee Homofiles' turn to take the bench. And this will be L'escargot's last match in the group stage; they need to win it to have any chance of making the final.

Serves posted by 9pm on Friday please. Good luck all!

selectivememory

All shots for the fourth round have been played. I'll the post the fifth round draw sometime on Sunday morning, hopefully by midday at the latest.

selectivememory

Right, the fourth round is done, here are the results:

A Touch of Ploff def L'escargot (10-4)
Team E. Smith def Dr PolyTrouser (10-1)

Which means the standings now look like this:

(As I said before, if there are any ties once the group stage is over, head-to-head records will determine the final standings, and if those aren't conclusive, it'll go to vote difference across the whole tournament. At the moment though the table just reflects vote difference.)

L'escargot have been eliminated from the competition. Thanks again for taking part. 

With one match each left to go, everyone else still has a path to the final.

FIFTH ROUND DRAW

So here is the draw for the final round of the group stage:

Tie 1: A Touch of Ploff vs Team E. Smith (touchingcloth – Pearly-Dewdrops Drops – touchingcloth – Mr Farenheit)
Tie 2: Dr PolyTrouser vs Funkee Homofiles (Dr Trouser – Lordofthefiles – rue the polywhirl – Al Tha Funkee Homosapien)

I said I'd post it Sunday morning, which technically it is, but I think I'll put the deadline for the serves at 9am Wednesday, as I'm just posting this now in case I sleep in and forget to post it by midday.

Spoon of Ploff has withdrawn from the competition, so for this round touchingcloth will play both of his team's shots. Should he make the final, I'm hoping that someone from one of the eliminated teams will step up to play that match with him, but we won't worry about that for the time being. Good luck all!

selectivememory

Yeah, but I saw you got your shot up now, so no worries.

selectivememory

So then, the final round of the group stage has concluded, and here are the results:

Team E. Smith def A Touch of Ploff (8-4)
Funkee Homofiles def Dr PolyTrouser (5-3)

Which means that the final group standings look like this:

Big thanks to all of our eliminated teams for their efforts. There have been some excellent matches, and for me it's been well worth the effort of organising this tournament for all the great shots that have been played, so cheers. 

FINAL DRAW

So here we go then. We have our final: it's Funkee Homofiles vs Team E. Smith

There are going to be eight shots in total, which means each player will play two shots. Funkee Homofiles get to serve as they topped the group. I've put Al in to serve, but if you both would prefer Lordofthefiles to do it, I have no problem with you two switching the order in which you play your first shots. Otherwise I hope everyone will happy to stick to this order of play:

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien – Pearly-Dewdrops Drops – Lordofthefiles – Mr Farenheit – Al Tha Funkee Homosapien – Mr Farenheit – Lordofthefiles  – Pearly-Dewdrops Drops

The serve is due by Sunday at 7.30pm.  Good luck all!