Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bottom thread

Started by dead-ced-dead, October 05, 2020, 11:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjaminos

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 23, 2020, 01:26:59 AM
just linked together a bunch of great comedy performances with this.

'what i want, is cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese, macaroni.. cheese cheese cheese cheese, cheese'

Unger

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 22, 2020, 09:32:00 PM
Yes.

Also the fact it's Lee Cornes always pleases me, much like as when he cropped up as Paranoia on Red Dwarf, up until that point he'd been Mr Hankin.

I'd forgotten he was in Grange Hill. He also played Marty Feldman in The Trials of Oz. He does have that slightly bulging eye look.

Doing a nostalgic re-watch of Apocalypse now and Richie's amazing monologue about gypsies that swings from pleasant generalisations to a vicious attack in the blink of an eye is just pure Rik brilliance

"No, no no no no, no need for that!  I'll get the forty-five quid Ha ha ha, oh I love you Romany types with your legendary
camp-fire hospitality and your quaint insistence on settling bills immediately!  Eh, eh-  Thieving bastard gippos!  Someone's swiped my wallet!"

"Yeah, likely story.  Come on, I want my forty-five quid!"

"Did you not hear what I just said?  I have just lost three hundred pounds!  Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was you
that nicked it, you swarthy thieving nomad!  Yeah, either you or one of your slippery deformed half-brothers!  Yes!  Yes!  I know what you gypsies get up to when the lights go out!  Extended family?  It's just another word for a sexual free-for-all!  Well you're not in Romania now buster, and I'm gonna go and get a British policeman!"

DrGreggles

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on October 23, 2020, 08:47:25 PM
Doing a nostalgic re-watch of Apocalypse now and Richie's amazing monologue about gypsies that swings from pleasant generalisations to a vicious attack in the blink of an eye is just pure Rik brilliance

"No, no no no no, no need for that!  I'll get the forty-five quid Ha ha ha, oh I love you Romany types with your legendary
camp-fire hospitality and your quaint insistence on settling bills immediately!  Eh, eh-  Thieving bastard gippos!  Someone's swiped my wallet!"

"Yeah, likely story.  Come on, I want my forty-five quid!"

"Did you not hear what I just said?  I have just lost three hundred pounds!  Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was you
that nicked it, you swarthy thieving nomad!  Yeah, either you or one of your slippery deformed half-brothers!  Yes!  Yes!  I know what you gypsies get up to when the lights go out!  Extended family?  It's just another word for a sexual free-for-all!  Well you're not in Romania now buster, and I'm gonna go and get a British policeman!"

I love rant - especially as it comes directly after praising them.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 23, 2020, 10:55:34 PM
I love rant - especially as it comes directly after praising them.
I love the bit at the end where Shooting Gallery guy turns up and takes the other £300 to fix his eye and Richie's copy of Girlie World.

"Oh, one more thing, seeing as you're here - would you like to kick Eddie in the bollocks?"

"Don't mind if I do, thank you very much." (HOOF)

Lemming

Fucking sublime scene. The absolute tirade of racism that comes gushing out the instant he even suspects he's been pickpocketed. Love the emphasis in the delivery of "I'm gonna go and get a BRITISH policeman!", with the assumption that the British (which, to Richie, means white and English-born) cop will automatically side with him.

JaDanketies

I read the first few pages of Rik Mayall's autobiography at someone's house and enjoyed it. I should get it.

Sebastian Cobb

Tell me, do you use Timotei?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 24, 2020, 07:41:41 PM
Tell me, do you use Timotei?

Right up there with "sandwiches" for best pronounced word of the series.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 23, 2020, 11:00:11 PM
"Oh, one more thing, seeing as you're here - would you like to kick Eddie in the bollocks?"

"Don't mind if I do, thank you very much." (HOOF)

Actually my favourite bit is right before he kicks him Rik shuffles to the side waving his hands in Eddie's gen(it?)eral direction and very casually says with a smile "Be my guest.."

Dirty Boy

Just watched Accident, one of the best episodes.

Madam Swish 3:30
"I've just given you a red hot tip"
"I know and there's nothing i can do about it now"

The rudest thing i'd ever heard as a 10 year old.

There's a serious drop off on series 3, Hole and Carnival aside.

Twilkes

Does anyone know in which episode/video the pouring-the-tea exchange "Shall I be motherfucker?" "Would you?" appears?

BeardFaceMan

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dirty Boy on October 24, 2020, 08:41:06 PMJust watched Accident, one of the best episodes.

Madam Swish 3:30
"I've just given you a red hot tip"
"I know and there's nothing i can do about it now"

The rudest thing i'd ever heard as a 10 year old.

There's a serious drop off on series 3, Hole and Carnival aside.

I've got a mate into horses and if I inquire into how well he's done it'll be described in terms of whether he's picked a 'madame swish' or a 'sad ken'.

DrGreggles

I still haven't been able to rewatch since Rik died. It would just upset me.
Pretty sure the whole show is permanently imprinted on my brain though.

Someone at my car insurance company said "I've just imputed your data" to me the other day, and I went "ooh". It's involuntary these days.
Made me briefly happy - even though it's gone up £20.

Scheming to beat up the next person who walks into the toilets:

"We grab him - or her - if she's a perv. Never know your luck!"
(both): "Wuaagh!"

BeardFaceMan

I DEMAND TO SEE A LAWYER!

Preferably a female, nudey one.

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 12, 2022, 10:44:20 PMI still haven't been able to rewatch since Rik died. It would just upset me.

I haven't been able to watch the Lord of Misrule Rik doc because of how upset everyone said Ade looked.

markburgle

I thought he declined to appear in it? Said he thought it'd be too reductive or something.

I'd also go to bat for the Holiday ep in S3. Richie's mania/agitation throughout is great.

"Deer Retchie

I am in the pube

with the holiday monkey.

Run, run, run!"

...poor sad git.

Pink Gregory

"Fick...urf...you sad, pathtic winker...ooh I wonder what she means!"

"Perhaps we could dally with the truth for a while?"

"Erm, all right, okay, erm... I was struck by lightning, and, et cetera."

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: markburgle on February 12, 2022, 11:12:26 PMI thought he declined to appear in it? Said he thought it'd be too reductive or something.

I'd also go to bat for the Holiday ep in S3. Richie's mania/agitation throughout is great.

"Look, I just SUGGEST we sit here quietly and wait for our holiday to BEGIN! *aggresively* OKAY!?!?!"

I always thought it was a pity that there was never a moment where Richie exclaimed "Oh shit, Eddie, shit!" followed by Eddie cheerfully replying "All rightie!" before crapping his pants.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: markburgle on February 12, 2022, 11:12:26 PMI thought he declined to appear in it? Said he thought it'd be too reductive or something.

I dunno, I never watched it. Maybe I'm getting it confused with pics of Ade from Rik's funeral, which I also refused to look at, didn't look at any of the news or media when Rik died, it was too horrible.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on February 13, 2022, 08:40:48 AMI dunno, I never watched it. Maybe I'm getting it confused with pics of Ade from Rik's funeral, which I also refused to look at, didn't look at any of the news or media when Rik died, it was too horrible.

It's good you avoided those photos. It's heartbreaking seeing Ade's face.

markburgle

I just tried to find the interview (from the Guardian), I can find excerpts but the thing itself is missing, weirdly. Key quote goes "I was sent the synopsis and it was all wacky and wild. You could see it was just going to be a load of talking heads and clips, so I pulled out. I just think he deserves something better than that. And I think, if someone important dies, you can't be flippant about it."

In the course of searching I also found a long-running podcast dedicated to Bottom (maybe everyone in the world knew about it but me, I dunno). Probs gonna want to be selective about which episodes to listen to but this one with Ed Bye should be good:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ed-bye-interview/id1405292502?i=1000445333585

The Bumlord

Also, more recently:

Quote from: Ade'All I get is people like you bringing him up. We haven't worked together since 2003. He died five years ago and we haven't worked since then...

'I don't know what people want me to say about him. He's dead, and I do miss him, and he's dead. He's dead, he's dead. He's not here. This is what happens.'

Steven88

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on February 13, 2022, 09:00:27 AMIt's good you avoided those photos. It's heartbreaking seeing Ade's face.
The look on his face reminds me of when he lost the "see how much custard you can hold in your underpants competition"

Catalogue Trousers

'Do your impression again, Eddie.'
'Alright! Obviously needs a lot more sweat, mind..."Oh, oh, why won't anyone ever have it off with me? I know, maybe it's because I'm a fat ugly bastard with a microscopic penis".'

Pauline Walnuts

"Dear Sir or Madam"

"I BEG YOUR PARDON"