Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,341
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unconscious Bias Training a.k.a Bigotfinder General (1968)

Started by Theremin, October 05, 2020, 03:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Sorry, I need someone to operate on my son, not a nurse stating the bleeding obvious fact that she can't.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 07, 2020, 03:40:21 PM
I can't plumb this kitchen: it's a bank robber!

The Monty Python team consider dialogue rewrite for their famous " Inflammatory Hungrarian Phrasebook" sketch.

touchingcloth

I cannot operate on this child; I am sleeping with his father and his brother, and the brother who isn't also his father.

flotemysost

All excellent replies but icehaven wins. Tbf I really can't remember the exact wording, don't even remember if it was a bank robbery, but the point was that much like the reluctant surgeon riddle (which appeared in the same book) it relied on most people assuming a woman wouldn't be doing certain jobs.

The more I think about that stupid book of puzzles the angrier I get. Fucking suicide by ice cube, honestly.

Actually I've just remembered an even shitter (but equally morbid) one: "Juliet arrives home to find Romeo lying dead in the middle of the carpet. He's drenched in water and surrounded by broken glass, but there's no blood, and no sign of any struggle or break-in. How did he die?" Answer:
Spoiler alert
Romeo is a goldfish
[close]
I mean fucks sake

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Hand Solo

There's another one about a man being found dead in the middle of a forest, he's wearing a full diving suit and SCUBA system, there isn't a body of water around for miles. How did he die?

Spoiler alert
There was a forest fire and one of those planes scooped him up along with water in the ocean and dropped it on the fire to put it out.
[close]

I then years ago heard Jerry Sadowitz subvert some of these. A man is found dead in the middle of a forest wearing a full diving suit, how did he die?

Spoiler alert
He was on his way to a gay fetish club and was beaten to death by Nazis.
[close]

A man is found hung in a locked room, there is nothing in the room except for a puddle of liquid. How did he die?

Spoiler alert
The mafia hung him and the liquid is the man's piss.
[close]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 07, 2020, 10:06:11 PM
There's another one about a man being found dead in the middle of a forest, he's wearing a full diving suit and SCUBA system, there isn't a body of water around for miles. How did he die?

Spoiler alert
There was a forest fire and one of those planes scooped him up along with water in the ocean and dropped it on the fire to put it out.
[close]

Paul Thomas Anderson is quite a fan of that 'un.

Sebastian Cobb

Spoiler alert
[close]

These sort of riddles are usually done by corporate twats to encourage people to 'think outside the box'. However they all have laborious process and policies that actively prevent such thinking.

flotemysost

Salvador Dalí stunt gone wrong

idunnosomename

Quote from: flotemysost on October 07, 2020, 09:47:28 PM
All excellent replies but icehaven wins. Tbf I really can't remember the exact wording, don't even remember if it was a bank robbery, but the point was that much like the reluctant surgeon riddle (which appeared in the same book) it relied on most people assuming a woman wouldn't be doing certain jobs.

The more I think about that stupid book of puzzles the angrier I get. Fucking suicide by ice cube, honestly.

Actually I've just remembered an even shitter (but equally morbid) one: "Juliet arrives home to find Romeo lying dead in the middle of the carpet. He's drenched in water and surrounded by broken glass, but there's no blood, and no sign of any struggle or break-in. How did he die?" Answer:
Spoiler alert
Romeo is a goldfish
[close]
I mean fucks sake
i guess i'm bigoted against goldfish then