Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:54:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unconscious Bias Training a.k.a Bigotfinder General (1968)

Started by Theremin, October 05, 2020, 03:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Where I work we are required to remain conscious at all times.

Sebastian Cobb

It's not very progressive to assume that the kid was raised by parents in a heteronormative relationship tbf.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Theremin on October 05, 2020, 03:16:49 PM
My workplace has just announced that all managers are to undergo an anti-racial bias course courtesy of a local company.

The trick is now, to figure out which manager was being a racist arsehole and made everyone else waste their time

JamesTC

I dare you to put your hand up and ask if it is okay to say the n-word if you do it ironically.

Cold Meat Platter

Refer to unconscious race bias as the n***** in the woodpile.

idunnosomename

I can't operate on this child... because I'm a paedophile!

chveik

touchingcloth

I can't operate on this child because he is an old black woman with a degree from a polytechnic.

thenoise

That riddle catches rather more people out if you choose a blue collar job - make his mother a plumber or a bricklayer. Unfortunately this doesn't make the 'point' that the original is trying to make, that it is high status jobs that we associate with men rather than physically demanding ones.

paruses

"I can't operate on this child, I'm a plumber"

[ETA - most of the "general builders" round here would probably still have a go, regardless]

idunnosomename

This baby is broken... I'm afraid I'm going to have to fuck it!

Ray Travez

Buelligan

They'll charge you a day's wages just to turn up and tell you that.

Hand Solo

Brothers and sisters have I none but that child's surgeon is my father's gender pay gap and work discriminated wife.

monkfromhavana

Why can't she operate on him?

She's a surgeon, she has the training, the experience and she's present.

Buelligan

Because her frail mind can't cope with the emotional strain, you little fool!

Hand Solo

How can you expect her to operate on the boy effectively trying to use surgical equipment with long painted fingernails and in-vogue large drop earrings and fashionable off-shoulder evening gown and resplendent fascinator catching on all the vital life-saving equipment?

idunnosomename

I can't be operated on by this surgeon: she's my mother!

Hand Solo

What if the riddle wasn't concerning a car crash but complications during the child's birth? The surgeon might be expected to perform a stressful Cesarean section or life-threatening epidural on the mother, procedures a woman simply wouldn't have the skill or presence of mind to administer with competence. Take that puzzlement pinkos!

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 06, 2020, 02:22:58 PM

And then he woke to discover a steaming cup of piss beside the bed.

Bernice

A boy is in hospital with his mother, waiting for a heart transplant. "I'm so nervous," he says. She says "don't be. You're gonna pull through this, I know that for a fact."

He goes into operation. He comes out successful and runs to tell mum, but she's not there. He finds a little teddy bear with a card shaped like a heart. "Hey babe. Sorry I couldn't be there for you after your operation. But, I will always be in your heart. Forever. -Mum" You ask one of the nurses "Where's the mum I was with before my operation?" The nurse replies, "Didn't they tell you who the surgeon was?"

Kelvin

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 06, 2020, 02:22:58 PM

"Well, don't talk too loud. Everybody will want one!"

touchingcloth

I can't operate on this child; he didn't thank me when I left that cup of tea and plate of biscuits in his bedroom for him.

Inspector Norse

I can't operate on this child: we are massively over capacity due to the pandemic following years of government cuts and we do not have any space, time or equipment.

Hand Solo

I can't operate on this child, we should just leave him alone with Captain Tom to sort out like we've done with the rest of the fucking NHS.

Sebastian Cobb

I could operate on this child, but as his mother I know what he's like.

touchingcloth

I like this child, but I couldn't operate a whole one.

Icehaven

Quote from: DistressedArea on October 05, 2020, 11:25:11 PM
Where I work we are required to remain conscious at all times.

Yeah I was thinking that, don't they mean subconscious?