Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PureGym cancelled.

Started by Gulftastic, October 05, 2020, 04:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Blumf

Coming up next: Weight Watchers' Holodomor diet!!

touchingcloth

QuoteEntitled "12YearsOfSlave" (after the epic movie) this is our workout of the month designed by @mattsimpt to celebrate black history month.

Is it bad that the main outrage I feel with this is at the fucking state of the name "12 Years Of Slave"? How does that work?

Inspector Norse

Fascinated by the processes behind stuff like this. I mean this isn't one guy fucking up, this is something that's been brainstormed and meetinged and escalated and approved and finetuned and everything. How can nobody have said "wait a moment..."?

paruses

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 05, 2020, 04:40:24 PM
Is it bad that the main outrage I feel with this is at the fucking state of the name "12 Years Of Slave"? How does that work?

Shocking.

"12 Sets a Slave" - even I can come up with that for fuck's sake.

Sebastian Cobb

If I was running a gym and wanted to jump on the #BHM bandwagon I would simply not suggest workouts can be as gruelling as a being a slave.

touchingcloth

QuoteSlavery was hard and so is this.

The twist to this is 1 rep of your 1st exercise, 2 of the second but before you move on to the 3rd exercise, which is also 3 reps, you must start at the beginning to move on. AND that's how the entire workout goes.

I don't understand that at all. If exercise one is a sit-up, 2 is a press-up and 3 is a star jump, is it: sit-up, press-up, press-up, sit-up, press-up, press-up, star jump, star jump, star jump? Generous to describe it as a "twist" if so.

The "slavery was hard and so is this" tagline is pure Iannucci.

touchingcloth

Quote from: paruses on October 05, 2020, 04:44:15 PM
Shocking.

"12 Sets a Slave" - even I can come up with that for fuck's sake.

Yeah, and I don't really know what a "rep" is, but I know enough to know that 12 Reps a Slave is a more descriptive title.

This isn't my job, but it feels like a decent pin title for the thing is easily in anyone's reach. Kunta Gymte, there's another.

TrenterPercenter

shiftwork2

Racially PureGym.

As an aside, I'm a member of The Gym[nb]as my ripped physique makes pretty obvious[/nb] and the deliberately generic name is an annoyance that forces me to place emphasis on both words or, worse, do quotation mark fingers when explaining which gym I attend.  However this isn't as bad as slavery.

touchingcloth

Malcolm X-Fit.

This is easy. Sack @mattsimpt.

touchingcloth

Quote from: shiftwork2 on October 05, 2020, 04:53:11 PM
Racially PureGym.

As an aside, I'm a member of The Gym[nb]as my ripped physique makes obvious[/nb] and the deliberately generic name is an annoyance that forces me to place emphasis on both words or, worse, do quotation mark fingers when explaining which gym I attend.  However this isn't as bad as slavery.

Which one are you a member of? Pure Gym?

metaltax

Quote from: Inspector Norse on October 05, 2020, 04:43:20 PM
Fascinated by the processes behind stuff like this. I mean this isn't one guy fucking up, this is something that's been brainstormed and meetinged and escalated and approved and finetuned and everything. How can nobody have said "wait a moment..."?

Not really. It was a local gym which posted and they run their own social media sites, so it's probably just one person with the keys to the account doing a bit of a LOL.

JaDanketies

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 05, 2020, 04:53:22 PM
Malcolm X-Fit.

"I have a dream... of washboard abs."

"Break those chains... and pump the iron."

touchingcloth

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the slave-like quality of their muscles.

shiftwork2

Goldentony

are pyay jim the ones with the adverts of peoples huge faces in agony and captions like LIFT WEIGHTS JOHN

touchingcloth

Can I just shock you? I think based on his twitter that Matt Simptson may be A Black.

His Instagram is lovely stuff, the kind of word salad you can imagine the creator of 12YearsOfSlave being prone to.

QuoteNo explanation or excuses for racism, colourism or discrimination. Just appreciation for melanin through articulation. This video should be encapsulated and become timeless.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Goldentony on October 05, 2020, 05:07:42 PM
are pyay jim the ones with the adverts of peoples huge faces in agony and captions like LIFT WEIGHTS JOHN

Think you're on about The Gym. Their ads are fucking terrifying, this toothless howling ghoul freaks me the fuck out:

touchingcloth

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 05, 2020, 05:21:12 PM
Think you're on about The Gym. Their ads are fucking terrifying, this toothless howling ghoul freaks me the fuck out:

Which gym is that? Pure Gym?

Sebastian Cobb

One of the comments in the side bar is about a student getting stuck in a tumble drier.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/04/boozy-student-rescued-by-firefighters-after-getting-stuck-inside-a-tumble-dryer-on-a-dare-13368393/

Everyone knows it's the commercial, not domestic driers you're supposed to put students in.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 05, 2020, 05:32:25 PM
One of the comments in the side bar is about a student getting stuck in a tumble drier.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/04/boozy-student-rescued-by-firefighters-after-getting-stuck-inside-a-tumble-dryer-on-a-dare-13368393/

Everyone knows it's the commercial, not domestic driers you're supposed to put students in.

Maybe it was a commercial drier but they turned it up to hot and it shrank.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 05, 2020, 05:32:25 PM

Fambo Number Mive

Your Wootons and your Belfields are using this as an excuse to attack "woke brands" even though this is the complete opposite.

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 05, 2020, 04:59:19 PM
"I have a dream... of washboard abs."

"Break those chains... and pump the iron."

LOL

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Why is linking to the Daily Mail discouraged here but linking to Metro not?  ANSWER ME!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ptolemy Ptarmigan on October 05, 2020, 05:58:01 PM
Why is linking to the Daily Mail discouraged here but linking to Metro not?  ANSWER ME!

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 05, 2020, 06:06:32 PM
Metro is owned by the Daily Mail.

Just ouroborosing with my post in 0bv1øu5 things.

A very good point. I didn't realise this, and won't personally link to or click on them again in a hurry.

Gulftastic

I didn't know that either. Apologies for the link. I'll know better in future.

Cuellar