Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:29:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PureGym cancelled.

Started by Gulftastic, October 05, 2020, 04:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

The BBC have an article on it now if anyone wants to read about it via a source which doesn't currently pay Paul Dacre's salary:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-54419760

Brundle-Fly

Were they trying to be all United Colours Of Benetton-y?   

Icehaven

Allowing each of over 200 branches staffed by dopey steroid stuffed egotists to run separate social media accounts all representing your brand is royally asking for it. Not so much herding cats as throwing any semblance of control to the wall, it's almost inevitable something like this would pop up. They probably can't even fire anyone because it'll turn out to be some ex- employee who did it for a laugh.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on October 05, 2020, 07:10:23 PM
Allowing each of over 200 branches staffed by dopey steroid stuffed egotists to run separate social media accounts all representing your brand is royally asking for it. Not so much herding cats as throwing any semblance of control to the wall, it's almost inevitable something like this would pop up. They probably can't even fire anyone because it'll turn out to be some ex- employee who did it for a laugh.

Yeah, it's bullshit that a company can hide behind this sort of stuff:

QuoteEach of our 271 gyms has its own social media channels which are run locally.

We take this matter extremely seriously and are urgently investigating how and why this post was made.

"Run locally" is them trying to get the idea into people's minds that the post wasn't made by one of their own employees. Jus say sorry, for fuck's sake.

Cursus

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 05, 2020, 05:21:12 PM
Think you're on about The Gym. Their ads are fucking terrifying, this toothless howling ghoul freaks me the fuck out:

kalowski

"Yet our best trained, best educated, best equipped, best prepared troops refuse to fight. Matter of fact, it's safe to say that they would rather do ten reps than fight."

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 05, 2020, 05:32:25 PM
One of the comments in the side bar is about a student getting stuck in a tumble drier.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/04/boozy-student-rescued-by-firefighters-after-getting-stuck-inside-a-tumble-dryer-on-a-dare-13368393/

Everyone knows it's the commercial, not domestic driers you're supposed to put students in.
what a fucking idiot. Surprised it wasnt a bloke though

Jittlebags

Redacted upon advise of my suite of lawyers.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

hahaha oh my god

how do you come up with that idea and not immediately see what's wrong with it

touchingcloth

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 05, 2020, 05:16:06 PM
Can I just shock you? I think based on his twitter that Matt Simptson may be A Black.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-54536187

Called it, and it sounds like the internet hate machine has been pretty awful to him. Apparently he said "feel like pure gym, I just want a black (history month gym-based commemoration of the horrors of slavery)."

Pingers