Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

being treated like absolute shit and basically just not caring

Started by madhair60, October 06, 2020, 08:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

anyone ever done this? get treated terribly, just awfully, for over a year, and just be like (shrug) yeah fair fucks, on I go

Sebastian Cobb

"All the money in the world won't help you unless you can get up in the morning, look in the mirror and be satisfied that you're not one of life's slags."

Buelligan

I've done it at work.  Primarily because I need the work to survive and there wasn't an alternative.  Getting upset or allowing it to undermine my feelings of self-worth or dignity seemed counterproductive.  Not sure I'd go that route in a personal relationship but it's probably a big part of the reason I avoid all personal relationships.  If it's happened to you, dear Mads, I'm very sorry, hope you're free of it now.

madhair60

just realised this is a classic madhair mope thread. i'll make up for it by posting some funny threads later, maybe

Cloud

That's basically been work for the past 13 and a half years. Just can't be arsed moving

Inspector Norse

bgmnts

Why are you letting people treat you like shit by the way? I do it because I have literally no self esteem left and crave any affection on offer.

What's your deal?

JaDanketies

Five and a half years of this from ages 21 to 27. She actually apologised the other day when I was unfortunate enough to be in the same room as her. I doubt she feels bad about 90% of it, it's pathological

JaDanketies

Quote from: bgmnts on October 06, 2020, 09:22:26 PM
Why are you letting people treat you like shit by the way? I do it because I have literally no self esteem left and crave any affection on offer.

What's your deal?

Didn't think I could do better initially, fears about her committing suicide later

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: bgmnts on October 06, 2020, 09:22:26 PM

What's your deal?

Can come with the job, and people are fucking grateful to have a job nowadays.

Some of my classes can be annoying cunts, but you just have to get on with it, and get your pleasure where you can;  Only today, while writing out my  lesson plan, I had written " table on board", and then immediately, instinctively added in brackets " Homer Simpson considers rewrite". That cheered me up for a bit, and really stuck it to my actually decent employer who seems to respect me and my work a lot THE MAN.

madhair60

Pijlstaart

10 years ago obese brother put on all my pairs of underwear and walked around in them, he did it systematically, stretched them all out. He may as well have pissed in them, marking his territory, the elastic gave way, like my spirit, beneath the expansionist jacktum of fat occupancy. Every day for 10 years I'd put on these pants and the burst waistband would flop down around me like a wilted flower, I'd have to keep my legs spread apart to stop them falling down and I felt this visceral diminuation of being, I felt like I was standing in the middle of a bomb crater. Every day for 10 years I was confronted with the objects of my oppression. Petitioned UNICEF, they didn't give a shit, organised high street tin-rattling sessions, the fine citizenry of this country didn't give a shit. None of them know of my pain, but know it they shall, before this is done they'll all know!

Danger Man

Quote from: Buelligan on October 06, 2020, 08:49:16 PM
But you never post funny threads.

There's the cartoons. Some people must find them funny.

The law of probability doesn't lie.

Dex Sawash

Glebe

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 06, 2020, 09:42:54 PM
Can come with the job, and people are fucking grateful to have a job nowadays.

Some of my classes can be annoying cunts, but you just have to get on with it, and get your pleasure where you can;  Only today, while writing out my  lesson plan, I had written " table on board", and then immediately, instinctively added in brackets " Homer Simpson considers rewrite". That cheered me up for a bit, and really stuck it to my actually decent employer who seems to respect me and my work a lot THE MAN.

Blinkin' heckins, have you got mileage out of that whole Considers Rewrite trope. I say trope as joke seems too strong a definition. After 5 years I tend to get tired of a ropey old tagline but each to their own.

This is indeed yet another self pity thread from lad. So you're treated like shit. So am I. So is everybody. Recently I've rekindled long abandoned interests in politics and football. I honestly can't decide if they're a welcome distraction or yet more sources of anxiety. Maybe I'll have a better idea in a few weeks.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI honestly can't decide if they're a welcome distraction or yet more sources of anxiety.

Knowin' my luck summat'll go tragically wrong