Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eddie Van Halen R.I.P.

Started by Head Gardener, October 06, 2020, 08:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

When I went on holiday to Panama I put that video up on my facebook 'I'm off on holiday, see you all soon'.  Came home to three comments saying 'where to hun?'. 

Pete23

He was a lot weirder than I thought based on this interview: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6605231/eddie-van-halen-addiction-david-lee-roth-touring . No wonder he didn't get on with Diamond Dave.

Famous Mortimer

I listen to Sammy Hagar's radio show most weeks (it's pleasant Sunday afternoon fare), and it's fair to say he didn't have many kind words to say about Eddie, while obviously respecting his talent.

That was an interesting article - from the things I've read, Alex was the real piece of shit of the Van Halen brothers, while Eddie just seems to have alienated everyone he ever worked with who wasn't a family member. Not much sense talking ill of the so recently dead, so I won't. I love the guy's music though.

The Todd In The Shadows episode on "Van Halen 3" is pretty interesting, might be worth your time. And I read the book "Van Halen Rising" about 6 months back, it's really interesting and is about their formation and early years (Hagar was considered for their lead vocalist spot originally, among many other tidbits). Don't read "Runnin With The Devil", though, it's awfully written trash.

Oh, and do read "Crazy From The Heat", DLR's autobiography, which reaches pro-wrestling-autobiography levels of uninterest in the truth.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 08, 2020, 02:04:28 PM
Hagar was considered for their lead vocalist spot originally

I've never been much of a Van Halen fan, but I've always thought Sammy Hagar was the better singer - just seemed like a better and more natural fit, whilst DLR was trying to be a pseudo lead instrument in his own right. 

Time was when that would have been a VERY controversial opinion, but I'm not sure it is these days.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

^ I'm sort of conflicted cause while Hagar was technically a better singer, Dave's vocals were funnier

Shit Good Nose

Also no karate with Sammy I guess.