Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:42:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tuesday contract Raynaud's syndrome

Started by pancreas, October 07, 2020, 01:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

In retrospect, the evidence was there. Increasingly, I was feeling unpleasant in outdoors environments. Not because of all the fucking—which was exemplary—but that my extremities were increasingly screaming at me. I had—HAVE—restless leg syndrome, whose solution seems to be best sought by showering my legs down with cold water in the middle of the night. It points towards a circulatory disharmony.

Last night, I ended up back at someone's house. This wouldn't in the normal course, even of Covid-inflected rules, have been deemed appropriate. Nevertheless, there were my necrotic toes, for all to see ...

SEE

NECROTIC TOES. [Not actually mine. Mine were *much* *fucking* *worse*.]

Obviously I didn't want to make a fuss—I'm public spirited in this way—but I do think something should probably be done about me, rather shortly.

Lest I die.

tl;dr I have Reynaud's Syndrome.

Pijlstaart

Ranulph Fiennes had the perfect solution to this problem.  I'd just do that.

steve98

Yi wann'y try gout ya effete, posin' cunt; then yu'll know what foot-pain really is.

Rizla

Have you thought about shitting it off?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I dub thee Shitfoot from this moment forth. Arise, Sir Shitfoot.

Glebe

Hope you get proper treatment and that Pancs. Look after yourself.

BlodwynPig

Waxwork (Reynaud) Pancreas falls through the bar (because he has no circulation in his lower limbs).

Get better soon.

Hang on, doesn't Covid change your toe colour too?

touchingcloth

Sebastian Cobb

Ahh so that's how it's spelt!

French guy with a reasonably thick accent I used to sit next to at work had it and had to wear gloves cycling in and thaw out a bit when it was cold and I was curious to look into it more but couldn't even get the spelling close enough to trick Google into suggesting the right thing and the moment had passed in which it would've been OK to ask.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is this stress related or a surprise malady?

A google search of any disease tends to flag up a gallery of the most horrific examples but ah, hmm, oh my.

It would be easy to ascribe this to the awful things you do to/allow in your body, so let's go for that.

Butchers Blind

Buelligan

I hope all your extremities experience uninhibited levels of  blood flow soon.  Poor pancs, up until this moment, you were perfect. 

idunnosomename

I had that for a couple years. It went away

Sherringford Hovis

Robert Smith / Julian Cope collab aims for Christmas number 1.

Blue Jam

Pfffffft, that's not a disease, it's a party trick.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That happens to my fingers all the time. Like little peeled bananas, they look.

idunnosomename

I also just verbalised it as "ray nowzz" and had no idea how it was spelt.

It was the warming up that was agony. Just used to plunge my extremities into warm water to make it as fast as possible

Dex Sawash

Icehaven

That used to happen to a couple of my fingers sometimes but it hasn't happened for years now, I'd forgotten all about it. It's uncomfortable but the relief when it suddenly goes back to normal is a nice, scratching-an-itch type feeling.

Neville Chamberlain

Don't let it dominate you. Don't be afraid of it!

touchingcloth

Cuellar

To the NHS it is simply a 'phenomenon', they don't dignify it with 'syndrome', and the medical advice is 'keep warm'.

Pull yourself together.

gmoney

My hands used to go purple at the slightest hint of cold. It stopped when I gave up smoking. I think the affliction is called gmoney's Syndrome.

Neville Chamberlain

pancreas