Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost in the mail, My arse

Started by Smackhead Kangaroo, February 03, 2004, 10:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smackhead Kangaroo

has anyone ever suffered lost mail? I have recently although I have a suspicion that I didn't really and it was all an elaborate scam on the part of the sender. Damn swindling bastard. In fact I'd go on record as having never suffered post loss before, even from abroad. very suspicious. Is'n't royal mail meant to be one of the most reliable postal services in the owrld? maybeI dreamt it... yes what a tedious topic let it sink

TOCMFIC

I thought Royal Mail sucked... Until I had to deal with Canada Post over here. Fucking joke they are. No delivery to your door. I have to make a 45 minute round trip just to get my fucking mail. Stuff has disappeared, packages turn up 3 months later, stuff turns up opened.

Purple Tentacle

I find that thieving fucking neighbours are more of a problem round my way, as the postmen are slow, rude and incompetent, (as well as union-undermining wildcat strikers) but expensive stuff only seems to go missing after it's been delivered...

butnut

When my sister was in Mexico, they told her not to bother sending postcards, as nothing ever gets sent abroad.

Now that I come to write it down, it suddenly looks like a great excuse, from a lazy sister. Hmmmmmm

Gazeuse

I do loads of mailing and shipping overseas via the post office and couriers  and have never had any post lost ever.

Having said that the postman never shuts the fucking gate.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Gazeuse"Having said that the postman never shuts the fucking gate.

Heh, I was just grumbling about that. I was going to put a sign up saying, 'If you open the fucking gate, then fucking close it.'

But then I thought, if I saw that, what would be the first thing that I would do...?

I often have post turn up opened, but then again, I have often used the excuse that, 'Oh, it must have got lost in the mail..."

Uncle_Z

"Lost in the post" is about as plausible as "Cheque in the mail"

It probably means they just have not sent it, or it's stuck in their internal mail system (A fax marked Urgent took three days to find its way from the postroom to me.  Grumbling mumblegrumbles.  As it turns out it was not urgent all along, but that's not the point).

Blah blah if you paid by credit card and it cost more than £100 you can reclaim it from the credit card company.  Less than £100 and check your credit card anyway as they might give 30 days insurance etc.

Alberon

The postmen in my area can be lazy, but I don't think they're corrupt. I've had nothing disappear completely or turn up opened, but a lot of times they've left a parcel on my doorstep rather than sticking a card through the door like they're supposed to.

My front door is only three feet away from the street and it's a miracle that I haven't had a few DVD boxsets pinched. They left a parcel with my neighbours last week, but didn't put a card through the door to actually tell me. Fortunatly I'm on good terms with my neighbours so they brought it round the next day.