Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:53:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

pancreas

To get the ball rolling I just want to reiterate my hope that Keir Starmer dies soon.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on October 07, 2020, 08:02:02 PM
To get the ball rolling I just want to reiterate my hope that Keir Starmer dies soon.

Finally something that unites us.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on October 07, 2020, 08:02:02 PM

Unlikely, but he may be bereft of true friends as he is ideas.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 07, 2020, 08:20:40 PM
Unlikely, but he may be bereft of true friends as he is ideas.

I get the impression that won't bother him in any way.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I was surprised given the competent adults are back in the room, ready and willing to calmly administer the next set of scything neoliberal reforms to the winnowed beleagured mixed economy of the UK, that they would send out a mail on behalf of the Labour Party that read, (sender and subject):

Keir Starmer
Holding Britain Back

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 07, 2020, 10:00:53 PM
I was surprised given the competent adults are back in the room, ready and willing to calmly administer the next set of scything neoliberal reforms to the winnowed beleagured mixed economy of the UK, that they would send out a mail on behalf of the Labour Party that read, (sender and subject):

Keir Starmer
Holding Britain Back

Got a screenshot?

idunnosomename

i hope his haircut becomes prime minster. common sense will prevail.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 07, 2020, 10:08:49 PM
i hope his haircut becomes prime minster. common sense will prevail.

I reckon he'd lose his powers if it turned out to be a syrup. It'd be like Milliband's sandwich.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 07, 2020, 10:19:57 PM

ta!

A quick look and a handful of people are talking about it on twitter. Imagine of Crobbins or Abbott made this bungle? We'd not have heard the end of it for weeks... Russell Howard would do a bit and everything. Boils my piss.

Zetetic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 07, 2020, 10:19:57 PM

I thought the first line (also often shown in preview UIs) added to it quite nicely:

"YOUR NAME, I've tried to be constructive..."

Zetetic

Also, it's clear it was written for England Labour, and Welsh Labour got to insert a few "So you should be grateful you live in Wales!" bits so it didn't seem completely nonsensical.

idunnosomename

i am listening to fairly obscure Thin Lizzy song "Fighting My Way Back" now and it's been ruined forever by me realising you can sing that shitty subject line to the refrain

evilcommiedictator

Speaking of Abstaining:

And it looks like people are taking Unite cutting their Labour contribution by 10% well:

and a thread of utter gronks being happy that this is happening, amazing stuff these people loving that a Union is stepping away from supporting THEIR PARTY:
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1313545269036879874

ZoyzaSorris

Christ. That Mitch Ben tweet is one for the desolation thread.

Bernice

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hi I am, according to this profile anyway, a musical current affairs 'satirist'. My dream is for David Miliband to impose austerity measures on the working class for a decade. Cheers

Fambo Number Mive

What is a "Little-Ponder"? Does Mitch Benn have a massive pond and he is critical of people who don't?

Bernice

Please, Miliband, put your willy in my hand
I'll cup your glans and we'll come to understand
That this is a land unlike Norway or Finland
Our economy's unplanned let's watch it now expand

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on October 08, 2020, 07:36:55 AM
Christ. That Mitch Ben tweet is one for the desolation thread.

In this thread https://twitter.com/NickKehoe01/status/1313727604302778368?s=20

Someone posted

Starmer has avoided being dragged into the 'culture war' cummings is desperate to ignite. He's shown johnson is unfit to govern. He faces a corrupt tory junta with an 80 seat majority. He's been in post for 6 months and has destroyed a 26% poll lead. Just what else do they want?

And I got called an 'arsehole' for replying 'wilfully ignoring their mismanagement of a pandemic is it 😂'

phantom_power

A fucking inanimate carbon rod could make this government look stupid in this pandemic. Surely we should be asking a little bit more

idunnosomename

Mitch Benn is pretty deso because something happened with him as he completely dropped off the BBC doing his poor comedy songs on the Now Show to become a full-time horny centrist dad who cracks one off over EU Supergirl posing Brussels and hates trade unions for blocking David Milliband's premiership

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on October 08, 2020, 09:40:00 AM
A fucking inanimate carbon rod could make this government look stupid in this pandemic. Surely we should be asking a little bit more

I replied with

QuoteHe's level pegging with one of the worst, most incompetent governments failing to handle a pandemic. A potted plant could've 'destroyed' a lead in that scenario.

phantom_power

from the old thread:

Ash Sarkar getting stick for saying she was "crucified" over her support of Corbyn. These cunts and useful idiots know no depths

Paul Calf

A Life On Our Planet is heart-wrenching. Here's a man in his early 90s who could have retired comfortably half a century ago agitating for change to improve a world that he won't see. Everyone should see it. It's absolutely stonking.

Buelligan