Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cheers to Zetetic and bgmts for the trilateral commission info!

Sebastian Cobb

Waving through legislation to allow the state to torture, rape and murder citizens to own the left.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The zombified Dung-droid Ben Bradshaw, the haematoma. Why do we have to share a political party with these utter ghouls, subdural pisslings from the ravaged Blairite wastelands?

Thomas

He's got a point about national security. To prevent harm from coming to British citizens, the security services and the Food Standards Agency need to be able to kill them.

Cuellar

Quote from: honeychile on October 15, 2020, 10:44:02 PM
Starmer's iota of a sensible point is that due to the conduct of undercover operatives and informants being a legal grey area at the moment which the courts have picked up on, statutory regulation of such activity is necessary.

But his argument is that regardless of the amendments failing "at least it's now codified", despite the fact that the codification removes the grey areas for the worse, not the better.

Right, so it's meant to say that 'even if it were Labour that were in power, they'd have wanted to bring forward some similar sort of regulation anyway'. It's just written badly, because it reads to me like they're saying that 'statutory regulation would have been necessary under a Labour government, but it's not needed under a Tory government, so we're abstaining' - which is gibberish, but maybe not Starmer's fault.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 12:02:45 PM
The zombified Dung-droid Ben Bradshaw, the haematoma. Why do we have to share a political party with these utter ghouls, subdural pisslings from the ravaged Blairite wastelands?
You don't.

king_tubby

colacentral

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1317067231763795968?s=19

QuoteNEW from @novaramedia

Keir Starmer has launched an unprecedented crackdown on dissenting Labour MPs.

In a significant change from party protocol even those who break a one line whip are now being sent written warnings > https://t.co/qRb3wT9YOO

How many mps needed for a leadership challenge? Is it totally unassailable? 

Edit: around 40 is it? 35 voted against the bill. There are others, like Sam Tarry and Cat Smith, who abstained but could be sympathetic to a leadership challenge. That has to be the priority now, he's shown his true colours even faster than anyone thought he would.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: colacentral on October 16, 2020, 02:54:22 PM
https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1317067231763795968?s=19

How many mps needed for a leadership challenge? Is it totally unassailable? 

Edit: around 40 is it? 35 voted against the bill. There are others, like Sam Tarry and Cat Smith, who abstained but could be sympathetic to a leadership challenge. That has to be the priority now, he's shown his true colours even faster than anyone thought he would.

He wants to provoke a challenge and to completely crush any challenger, indeed it will simply add grist to the mill.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It is vitally important that we don't rush to try and topple Starmer and fall into that trap they are setting as there is no way the Labour membership will agree switch leader this quickly, and Starmer would hold all the cards in such a contest and, completrly counter to our intentions by holding such a contest, in its aftermath.

Instead we must win a majority on the NEC, win all local battles and position a few clear credible vocal critics on the backbenches, get the unions to do some real hard hitting. Starmer can't sack them.

In the meantime whinge and whinge and whinge to your local party. It doesn't matter if its witless stream of consciousness dross, just fill their mailboxes with discontent.

Sebastian Cobb

Powerful criticism of the government's performance on COVID-19 and disability employment by Labour's shadow minister for disabled people was significantly watered down by her own party, Disability News Service (DNS) can reveal.

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/labour-waters-down-criticism-of-government-by-its-own-shadow-disability-minister/

king_tubby

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is it true Nita Clarke has already been removed from Labour HQ?

king_tubby

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 06:33:16 PM
Waiting for rubber stamp confirmation on that.

Hardly a victory in that cunt cabal.

LEAVE THE LABOUR PARTY. POLITICS IS BEREFT. UK IS BEREFT.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 16, 2020, 07:00:25 PM
Hardly a victory in that cunt cabal.

LEAVE THE LABOUR PARTY. POLITICS IS BEREFT. UK IS BEREFT.

When is your next important meeting with Her Majesty's Plague Table?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 07:45:58 PM
When is your next important meeting with Her Majesty's Plague Table?

Thursday. But I have on average 5 to 7 important meetings with underlings daily, often at short notice. Apparently I'm interviewing someone for a Government position next week, found out at 5pm today. No idea what is happening.

king_tubby

Centrists getting a bit baity about this, from the account that did the Spitting Image redubs the other week.

https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1317048456221949952

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on October 16, 2020, 09:38:45 PM
Centrists getting a bit baity about this, from the account that did the Spitting Image redubs the other week.

excellent. I looked through their stuff and Farage Garage is a banger!

Sebastian Cobb

They're great.

Someone far more clued up and better than me pointed out "if you're not at least shitpost adjacent you're doing politics wrong" and that's very true of the centrists, I think pointing that out to them would annoy them too tbh.

bgmnts

QuoteWith Starmer pulling ahead of Johnson in the polls, it is clearly essential for the Left to step up their attacks on Starmer. As Johnson would agree.

Lol Labour just legitimately arent even close to left wing anymore.

So, so mental.

king_tubby

I don't remember seeing those Starmer pulling ahead of Johnson polls.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on October 16, 2020, 09:59:47 PM
Lol Labour just legitimately arent even close to left wing anymore.

So, so mental.

Last I saw they were still behind. Tories lost 2 points, Lib-Dems claimed one of them and Labour got fuck all.

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on October 16, 2020, 10:03:11 PM
I don't remember seeing those Starmer pulling ahead of Johnson polls.

An interaction I had the other day.

I didn't realise I'd been blocked until I looked it out, what a fanny.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: king_tubby on October 16, 2020, 09:38:45 PM

That's awesome and the Farage Garage is simply out of this world!