Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

NoSleep

Buelligan

I remember hearing her babble on about something a year or so ago and thinking to myself how very far beyond her capacity she'd been promoted.  She's embarrassing but just because she's old doesn't give her licence to lie in public about another person.  She does deserve to be sued and the BBC should issue an apology.  As HZJ so rightly says it's utterly disgraceful.  I imagine many of these people took a dim view of Trump and they're behaving just like him.  Publicly. 

Johnny Yesno

BlodwynPig

Trying to get an invite to HIGNIFY, where I will tar and feather bomb 4 comedians and Hislop.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 20, 2020, 09:05:26 PM

stolen from: https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1329884333595881475

They can bite my hairy cock. Like many similar organisations, their definition of 'the north' excludes many former pit towns.

And these cunts continue to wonder why bellwether East Midlands constituencies continue to vote Tory. Fuck them.

honeychile

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 21, 2020, 09:15:47 PM
They can bite my hairy cock. Like many similar organisations, their definition of 'the north' excludes many former pit towns.

Presumably because the party is a northern independence movement, not a former-pit-town independence movement. That notwithstanding:

Quote from: The Northern Independence PartyNIP defines Northumbria on our terms. We acknowledge that Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Durham, Northumberland and Cheshire are all distinct lands with long histories and strong cultural identities. As such, we refuse to be reduced to lazy stereotypes. It's also true that the North is a slippery concept. It is difficult to pin down on a map. For this reason, we respect the rights of anyone in 'border territories' to join us subject to a local referendum.

QuoteAnd these cunts continue to wonder why bellwether East Midlands constituencies continue to vote Tory. Fuck them.

I don't think this statement makes sense unless you take the word "bellweather" out.

Paul Calf

QuoteNIP defines Northumbria on our terms. We acknowledge that Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Durham, Northumberland and Cheshire are all distinct lands with long histories and strong cultural identities.

It's self-aggrandising bullshit; show me a county or region about which no-one will say something like this. I'm fucking tired of this micro-regionalism. It's worse than nationalism.

Also, whoever wrote that has clearly never been to North Yorkshire.

honeychile

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 21, 2020, 09:46:36 PMIt's self-aggrandising bullshit; show me a county or region about which no-one will say something like this. I'm fucking tired of this micro-regionalism. It's worse than nationalism.

It's an independence movement. It's literally nationalism.

Though i'm not sure how to come up with any kind of democratic framework which recognises nations (claiming authority and conferring citizenship on the national basis) without being functionally nationalist.

Not that i support NIP (although as with the SNP, i can appreciate the means-to-an-end approach). I think pushing for devolution at english regional levels is a good idea though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sebastian Cobb

The idea that he gets quite annoyed about being called Kieth/Keith is really fucking funny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 21, 2020, 10:12:11 PM
The idea that he gets quite annoyed about being called Kieth/Keith is really fucking funny.

Is there anyone likely to interview him who might call him Keith by accident? Surely we can team up with a right winger on this occasion?

bgmnts

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 21, 2020, 09:15:47 PM

This is basically how I see Britain economically and culturally.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

imitationleather

There's absolutely loads more of England that needs paving over than what's marked in that map. You've seen how much of it elected Tory MPs, right?

honeychile

As the revolution takes hold in all corners of the land, tories will flee or be driven into their natural habitat - their Eden - where their numbers will unfortunately be sufficient to survive in a stable settled form.

Quote from: jobotic on November 21, 2020, 11:06:08 PM
Yeah, cheers. We're not actually all cunts in the purple zone you know.

There will be automatic asylum for all suffering english people wishing to flee what remains of their hell.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 21, 2020, 10:15:48 PM
Is there anyone likely to interview him who might call him Keith by accident? Surely we can team up with a right winger on this occasion?

"Calm down Keir, it's only a misnomer."

pigamus

Quote from: jobotic on November 21, 2020, 11:06:08 PM
Yeah, cheers. We're not actually all cunts in the purple zone you know.

Kenny Loggins begs to differ.

evilcommiedictator

I mean, pity we all[nb]Those who are still paying members, and live in the UK, sure, *waves from Australia*[/nb] can't get phone calls like this

And of course, from Novara (apologies if repost)

from here
https://novaramedia.com/2020/11/19/no-other-minority-keir-starmers-silence-on-the-islamophobia-report-speaks-volumes-about-labours-hierarchy-of-racism/

NoSleep

Fucksake. Why is all this shit now emerging? When are they going to investigate their own ranks?

Buelligan

Quote from: kekse on November 22, 2020, 10:32:48 AM
new ehrc appointee seems nice

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/nov/22/new-equalities-commissioner-attacked-modern-feminism-and-metoo

Quote from: that articleIn a talk in 2018, Butcher said: "Feminism, like other forms of identity politics, has become obsessed with female victimhood. Whereas it once used to be about the portrayal of women as mature, equal partners in society, it now seems more to be about girl power – and yet it disempowers, assumes that we're weak and defenceless, like children."

She added: "Working-class girls have been deprived of jobs that they love such as Page 3 girls and [Formula One] grid girls because other women disapprove of them. What happened to 'my body, my choice'?"

She also criticised the MeToo movement: "Men have had their careers and reputations ruined overnight by MeToo – some possibly justly, but without any due process, no innocence until proven guilty."

Butcher has also criticised a feminist "narrative of discrimination" for reducing women's confidence in pursuing careers. She does not deny that gender discrimination exists, but in an interview last year, she suggested that women who think they have been discriminated against should find a way around it rather than complaining.

Aside from this stuff being utter bollocks, there comes a point with trolling where it's too obvious.  We've talked before about the calculated weaponisation of antisemitism.  I'd say, the government, the Establishment, even some in the Labour Party, are working hard to undermine all sense of reason, all trust in authority, all faith in society.

They've seen how easily people like Bannon, Trump and Farage have herded the reactionary right and they're busily creating a tranche of leftist votes to go with it.  People behaving like Bakewell did on hignfy the other night, just making up something untrue and serving it up as some sort of justification for behaving without justice.

If you fill the church with hoors and the judiciary with thieves, who can the people trust?  Something needs to be done soon about this government and about the general trajectory of humanity.

Paul Calf

QuoteShe added: "Working-class girls have been deprived of jobs that they love such as Page 3 girls and [Formula One] grid girls because other women disapprove of them. What happened to 'my body, my choice'?"

Taken as a standalone statement, I don't actually see what's controversial about this.

EDIT: Or this one

QuoteShe also criticised the MeToo movement: "Men have had their careers and reputations ruined overnight by MeToo – some possibly justly, but without any due process, no innocence until proven guilty."