Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Might just leave all my "commentary" and "jokes" to the mercy of generative grammars rendering meaning and culpability pleasingly diffuse.

GoblinAhFuckScary

I've just spoken to local commissar and you're all going to jail.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

Gulag jokes are made because the right claim they are about to be sent to gulags when they can't shout the word faggot in a Radio 1 studio or it's suggested that they might like to take a vaccine that could save their life.

It's a pisstake of how stupid that is, and they, of course, know that themselves.

BlodwynPig

Are we really talking about the validity of using gulag as a joke?

Get in Gulag.

Buelligan

Quote from: colacentral on November 23, 2020, 08:41:30 PM
It's a cliche to compare everything to 1984, but in this case it is a perfect analogy. They're asking corbyn how many fingers they're holding up. They are pressuring him to take back the truth and go along with a lie, when everyone involved knows it's a lie. There isn't a single person in the Labour right or in the political pundit class who don't know that a handful of labour members having warped views of jewish people is grounds to suggest jewish people should flee the country under a Labour government, but so few have enough sense of shame to admit it.

Obviously this is nothing new to anyone here, but I was just struck by how revolting the quote from Brown is, in how brazenly someone could ask someone else to lie to keep their job, in public, when the truth is so easily verified.

If he agrees, he will be broken and we'll all know he's a craven liar and if he doesn't, they have licence to keep on torturing him until he does.  I don't think they're even joking about that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Maybe next time he should make a statement that completely says what he thinks that is also fully caveated. They'd hate it because it would demonstrate his credentials clearly while yielding absolutely nothing.

Of course they'd try, but at least that would be the tower of defense.

Problem was both statements he made, while fine for you and I, did allow malicious sorts to hammer him.

evilcommiedictator

Remember when the Tories had fits because people were calling them cunts? Good times.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on November 23, 2020, 10:17:07 PM
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1330988636259627010?s=21

Whoops! Starmer must condemn.

I certainly won't be giving interviews to The Sun..... Err..... During the course of this campaign... In the North Norfolk area... In the hours of daybreak

Buelligan

Fucking hell, what a complete anti-Corbyn that cunt is.  He has to go.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on November 23, 2020, 10:17:07 PM
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1330988636259627010?s=21

Whoops! Starmer must condemn.

Why can't he get his fucking adenoids done? He's be so much more relatable if he didn't talk as though he needed a tissue and a bottle of Sinex.

honeychile

I'm presuming Ed Miliband told him it makes no fucking difference.

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 23, 2020, 10:59:49 PM
Why can't he get his fucking adenoids done? He's be so much more relatable if he didn't talk as though he needed a tissue and a bottle of Sinex.

And that other thing, uh, oh yep, needs to cut out being disloyal and dishonest, publicly and regularly.  He keeps having those unrelatable cuntish moments.  I don't think they come across that well.

pancreas

Quote from: jamiefairlie on November 23, 2020, 11:52:25 PM
Why is a sick-looking Honey Monster being executed?

I think it was the impolitic suggestion

'Qu'ils mangent les soufflés de sucre.'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Just seen the word Gulag goose-stepping down the hight street making nazi salutes.

Couldn't help but chortle.

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 24, 2020, 06:43:54 AM
Howard Beckett tells it how it is: https://labourgrassroots.com/nec-member-forensically-destroys-keir-starmer/

When you hear something like that, makes you realise how extremely worthwhile Unite is, reminds you that there is still decency and courage in the game.  This is the kind of person the Labour Party should be bringing into the PLP. 

Thanks for linking Johnny.

honeychile

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 24, 2020, 06:43:54 AM
Howard Beckett tells it how it is: https://labourgrassroots.com/nec-member-forensically-destroys-keir-starmer/

Quote from: Howard BeckettIf i say that Keir Starmer is acting in bad faith, i will leave others to reach their presumptions as to what conversations have been had for me to reach that conclusion.

Buelligan

Steve Bell missed a trick there, he should have Jeremy and all the membership in ball gags and chains.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 24, 2020, 10:04:30 AM
Guessing most of us have already seen this but thought it should be mentioned.

https://twitter.com/JessicaLBarnard/status/1330964928803565569?s=19&fbclid=IwAR0vXG_qE_Gj0JzKpTsgtCl0C-BQIVLGzpdhiXejwc5N58ajjPAwjXDGo0c

Good for her, we need more like this.  We need everyone to stand up and say their piece, it's clear from everything that the Party machine is doing to bully the membership into silent acquiescence that that's exactly what they're afraid of.  They're not going to change, they're not going to listen, now they must be made to or go.

Sebastian Cobb