Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Buelligan on November 24, 2020, 07:45:27 PM
No, I don't think that would be shitter.  The tories are, IMO, pound for pound, more evil than almost all of the PLP even if Keith's lot are able to equal them in disregard for natural justice and the inability to run a fucking ballroom, the tories win but not by a country mile.  Not at all, which is shameful and only down to the SCG.

Sorry for quoting myself but I think I have something here.  This is the, a, nub of it.  Why should/would decent people devote large tranches of their precious and scarce time and money to support Labour when many of us, see it in these terms?  When we see Starmer as disingenuous, untrustworthy? 

People have said that the tories are being given a great attack line by Starmer, with his unbalanced, partisan, attacks on Corbyn.  A man who, less than a year ago, he was supporting to be PM.  The same applies to the membership.  How can we, in good faith, promote this man as leader of the Country when he's doing this to the Party, to us?

Starmer can fuck off the membership.  Ignore them.  Stamp out their voice.  Ban and punish them for saying what they believe.  But when it comes to election time, who is going to be knocking doors?  All the chair-circles in the world amount to shit-all, if you turn them inwards.  Who wants a Prime Minister that behaves like a dictator?

NoSleep

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Buelligan on November 25, 2020, 09:17:48 AM
Starmer can fuck off the membership.  Ignore them.  Stamp out their voice.  Ban and punish them for saying what they believe.  But when it comes to election time, who is going to be knocking doors?  All the chair-circles in the world amount to shit-all, if you turn them inwards.  Who wants a Prime Minister that behaves like a dictator?

Exactly. I've been getting begging letters from Labour HQ, asking for money, and emails from the CLP and branch asking me to join them phone-banking and delivering leaflets (which seems a bit questionable given the current situation) in preparation for the council elections, when one of the very councillors seeking re-election responded to one of my posts on the CLP Facebook page by stating "the left is deliberately seeking martyrdom". Fuck that! I think one inarguable fact about the Corbyn years was that he enthused and energised activists like no other. We had 10 times the amount of volunteers at the GE, some getting trains over from Manchester to help. Well, lets see how many of those that join the party because of Sir Keith turn out in shitty weather inspired by his message of hope and positivity no seasoning.

Sebastian Cobb

What's the fbpe stance on him announcing he'll whip any Brexit deal to please the north? Anger at the wallet inspection or pivot straight to simping to hide the fact they backed the wrong horse?

Buelligan

It's interesting.  I expect there are a range of responses.  Some people do believe things for their own good reasons but are able to see, given time and evidence, that they're mistaken or that time has left them stranded.  Others, not so much. 

A lot of it comes down to why a person adheres to a thing.  For the fight, for the colours, for themselves or to save the little kiddies drowning in the Med (and other imperatives).  That's humans for you.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 25, 2020, 10:15:30 AM
What's the fbpe stance on him announcing he'll whip any Brexit deal to please the north? Anger at the wallet inspection or pivot straight to simping to hide the fact they backed the wrong horse?
https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1331165517739122689?s=19

Ah well what can you do. I miss when painting STOP BREXIT on my big bald balls and waving them in crobbins face was the only moral imperative but time to move on now hes gone. Good times. Maybe ill get another book out of em

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.belltoons.co.uk/bellworks/index.php/if/2020/8266-251120_WHIPLASH

QuoteSpiked because it made someone at the Guardian "feel uncomfortable". This is the first time that a cartoon has been spiked by the paper because it didn't toe a particular editorial line. A sad day.

If not already shared.

pancreas

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Is it better because it's nearer to the truth?  The other one's not really amusing, thought provoking or insightful at all.  IMO, these are the reasons we are only allowed to enjoy the other one.

pigamus

Keith has just said on Twitter that our key workers need a pay rise. And to illustrate this point he's used a photo of... a policewoman. What a devious, cynical, disingenuous piece of shit.

pancreas

Cold Meat Platter

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 25, 2020, 08:31:47 PM
Wearside Blod

I was once asked if I could be anyone from history who would it be and that was my answer. Presumably you are the real Wearside Jack.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 25, 2020, 08:33:01 PM
He should have had a photo of a locksmith.

Or the thousands of Labour support on the streets of Britain in the rain being abused by small minded cretins last December.

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

Quote from: Sienna Rodgers at Labour ListThe row over Keir Starmer deciding to withhold the Labour whip from Jeremy Corbyn, after the former leader was readmitted to the party on the basis of an internal disciplinary process, is set to escalate, LabourList can reveal.

It is understood that Corbyn's team is starting legal proceedings and will submit a pre-action disclosure application on Thursday morning. One source said: "One way or another, things will come out in the wash soon enough."

https://labourlist.org/2020/11/battle-over-corbyn-whip-suspension-intensifies-as-legal-process-begins/

Unsure why Keith thinks anyone, with any sense at all, would trust him.  Remember RLB's apology, swiftly followed by banishment.  Loathsome two-faced man.  I hope Corbs puts in his teeth this time.

pancreas

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on November 26, 2020, 09:58:47 AM
https://labourlist.org/2020/11/battle-over-corbyn-whip-suspension-intensifies-as-legal-process-begins/

Unsure why Keith thinks anyone, with any sense at all, would trust him.  Remember RLB's apology, swiftly followed by banishment.  Loathsome two-faced man.  I hope Corbs puts in his teeth this time.

QuoteLabourList understands that those close to Corbyn are not advising him to apologise, however, because there is a lack of trust and "nobody thinks that's going to get this over the line" in terms of the whip being restored to the Islington MP.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 25, 2020, 06:38:38 PM
https://www.belltoons.co.uk/bellworks/index.php/if/2020/8266-251120_WHIPLASH

If not already shared.

idunnosomename

How could you find the Corbyn bdsm toon offensive? Oh it perhaps implies Starmer is a right-wing zionist?!?! Surely that's such a ridiculous opposite of old lefty git it's nonsense?!?!?

!?!?!!!!!!!!!

Buelligan

Quote from: Aaron Bastani on TwitterNew email from Labour's head of internal governance, Fraser Welsh, explains why motions re Corbyn losing whip (now that he isn't suspended) must be ruled out of order. Frankly it look like there is no real basis for it, insinuation being to do so is antisemitic (1/3)

Email points to Labour Party's Code of Conduct, (Appendix 9 in the Rule Book): "The Labour Party will ensure the party is a welcoming home to members of all communities, with no place for any prejudice or discrimination based on race, ethnicity or religion." (2/3)

So demanding Corbyn have whip returned, now he is no longer suspended, & an NEC panel has re-admitted him, is being tacitly equated to racism. Are you really being serious @Keir_Starmer? (3/3)

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1331656839772184576

NoSleep

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 26, 2020, 10:41:39 AM
How could you find the Corbyn bdsm toon offensive? Oh it perhaps implies Starmer is a right-wing zionist?!?! Surely that's such a ridiculous opposite of old lefty git it's nonsense?!?!?

!?!?!!!!!!!!!

By spiking it, surely the Graun are identifying as right wing zionists?

pancreas

That they believe the entire Jewish community are a right wing zionists and to remind them of this would be offensive—is what they think.

JVL on the ball again:

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinstein/status/1331580977320243201?s=20

Anyone who knows what it is like to speak to someone honest and intelligent must surely recognise something here. How you come away from that calling it crankery is beyond belief.

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 26, 2020, 01:28:58 PM
I did call for Kieth to step down in March

Usually you just go for the pre-emptive strike with greatly exaggerated tales of their demise.

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on November 26, 2020, 01:28:15 PM
JVL on the ball again:

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinstein/status/1331580977320243201?s=20

Anyone who knows what it is like to speak to someone honest and intelligent must surely recognise something here. How you come away from that calling it crankery is beyond belief.

You call it crankery because it's true, so you have to make the audience laugh at it or they might listen and think.  Thanks for linking it.