Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 08, 2020, 11:44:42 AM
A Life On Our Planet is heart-wrenching. Here's a man in his early 90s who could have retired comfortably half a century ago agitating for change to improve a world that he won't see. Everyone should see it. It's absolutely stonking.

He was responsible for several species being wiped off the Earth in his early days.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ben Stokes Conservation™ will direct 5% of donations to selected NGOs overseeing upskilling and placement enhancement projects for nominated low-income groups* in Malawi.

''This endeavour is a deeply personal one for me''

*Low income defined by Ben Stokes Conservation™ as earnings of between $35-70,000 per annum

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 08, 2020, 10:07:00 AM
Mitch Benn is pretty deso because something happened with him as he completely dropped off the BBC doing his poor comedy songs on the Now Show to become a full-time horny centrist dad who crack one off over EU Supergirl posing Brussels and hates trade unions for blocking David Milliband's premiership
The fucker never stops tweeting, either. I was looking for that union one, so I could call him a cunt voice my disagreement and there were hundreds of "hilarious" observations about that fly on Mike Pence's head.

BlodwynPig

AllisonSays

Have youse seen Angela Rayner's tweet about Clare Fox?

"I am absolutely disgusted that @BorisJohnson has stood by and let IRA apologist Claire Fox be elevated to the House of Lords. His failure to block her appointment is an insult to the victims of terrorist atrocities and people in Warrington and the NW.He should be ashamed."

Obviously Claire Fox is a dick, but I'm not sure about this line from Labour at all. She's apologised several times for (implicitly, unless I'm wrong) supporting the Revolutionary Communist Party's position on Northern Ireland. This seems like a transparent attempt to distance themselves from the Corbyn leadership; a transparently unconvincing attempt to turn the old Tory attack on Corbyn back onto the Tories; and a further instance of the conflict in NI and its legacies only being of interest to the British parties when they can use it as a means to take wee digs at one another. It's infuriating, but it also seems like bad triangulation or strategising, a dual tendency which seems to characterise Starmer's time leading the party.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yep, it's grovelling awful shit. We can't lay all of this on Keith either. Who is his Cummings/Milne?

bgmnts

What if this is the actual best we can do as a species, though? What if we have hit our peak of compassion, equity and justice. Very little has fundamentally changed with humans in the past few thousand years has it, our instincts still rule us.

The idea that this is literally the best we can do - and we should do our best to deal with that - is a bit depressing.

AllisonSays

No harm to Angela Rayner but I don't think she's humanities' peak of compassion, equity and justice. Maybe she's Stockport's peak of compassion, equity and justice, but I wouldn't even bet on that.

bgmnts

Yeah but she probably is, as a human.

We've stood on the precipice for decades and nothing really has changed.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 08, 2020, 04:24:41 PM
Yep, it's grovelling awful shit. We can't lay all of this on Keith either. Who is his Cummings/Milne?

Claire Ainsley is his strategist, the one behind this 'new working class' guff, rebuilding trust by espousing 'british values' and not having any tangible policies.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 08, 2020, 06:10:50 PM
Make sure you vote in Zands' world cup of sensible centrist comedians on twitter.

I nominated iannucci on that right out the gate.

Not sure boyle deserves to be in there, even if seeing him dunk on Corbyn about antisemitism then get that prick Baddiel on after.

Baddiel and Schneider in the same group is a tough choice.

pancreas

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 08, 2020, 07:50:06 PM

Not sure boyle deserves to be in there, even if seeing him dunk on Corbyn about antisemitism then get that prick Baddiel on after.

He's edgy enough to talk about the Queen having herpes or something, but not edgy enough to support Corbyn against fascism. I think he can probably go fuck himself.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on October 08, 2020, 07:55:33 PM
He's edgy enough to talk about the Queen having herpes or something, but not edgy enough to support Corbyn against fascism. I think he can probably go fuck himself.

I got the impression that when speaking as himself (on twitter etc) he did support, or at least tacitly support Corbyn. Less so on telly, which I guess makes him a hack more than anything. Maybe I'm being too charitable.

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like the only people who think he's doing an acceptable job of holding the gov't to account are people that would already vote for him.

These helmets are the ones that tell the left that they don't matter and he's focusing on winning people back aren't they?

pancreas

I'm afraid, Sebastian, that I am fast coming to the conclusion that all these people are cunts.

BlodwynPig

cosmic-hearse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 08, 2020, 07:50:06 PM

Baddiel and Schneider in the same group is a tough choice.

Group C, with David Baddiel, Mitch Benn, Eddie Izzard & David Schneider, is the Group Of Death

Rizla

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 08, 2020, 11:36:48 PM
lmao
fuck me that's amazing. why is that so funny? it's the background. and the names. actual sore sides. it has come to this.

idunnosomename

i actually voted for the genuine best comedian in each group, but judging by Ayesha Hazarika's lead most people are voting for the biggest melt

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Buelligan on October 08, 2020, 12:19:16 PM
I've thought about it, I must admit.
Link here on mediafire if people want it, hopefully OK for you Buelligan

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 09, 2020, 12:52:36 AM
i actually voted for the genuine best comedian in each group, but judging by Ayesha Hazarika's lead most people are voting for the biggest melt

Are you supposed to do that? I voted for the biggest turncoat cunt.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on October 08, 2020, 04:38:13 PM
. Very little has fundamentally changed with humans in the past few thousand years has it, our instincts still rule us.

That's a bit of a stretch goal for evolution to be fair.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: AllisonSays on October 08, 2020, 04:11:20 PM
Have youse seen Angela Rayner's tweet about Clare Fox?

"I am absolutely disgusted that @BorisJohnson has stood by and let IRA apologist Claire Fox be elevated to the House of Lords. His failure to block her appointment is an insult to the victims of terrorist atrocities and people in Warrington and the NW.He should be ashamed."

Obviously Claire Fox is a dick, but I'm not sure about this line from Labour at all. She's apologised several times for (implicitly, unless I'm wrong) supporting the Revolutionary Communist Party's position on Northern Ireland. This seems like a transparent attempt to distance themselves from the Corbyn leadership; a transparently unconvincing attempt to turn the old Tory attack on Corbyn back onto the Tories; and a further instance of the conflict in NI and its legacies only being of interest to the British parties when they can use it as a means to take wee digs at one another. It's infuriating, but it also seems like bad triangulation or strategising, a dual tendency which seems to characterise Starmer's time leading the party.

Just seen this. It's going to be a race to the bottom where they try and fail to out-Tory the Tories on cheap digs innit.