Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:18:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

jobotic

Hope Ashworth and Oldknow get crucified.

Joking. Of course they won't.

pancreas

Don't wind yourself up about it. Don't give them the dignity of your interest. They'll have their week of hysteria and then it will vanish like the ephemeron it is. Ignore.

holyzombiejesus

As much as I dislike Jonathan Ashworth, even the headline the Guardian are using - Antisemitism inquiry is Labour's most shameful moment, says senior MP - is so dishonest.

QuoteAsked if the investigation was the most shameful moment in the party's history, Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary, agreed that "it probably was, yes".

Buelligan

He's not the biggest cunt in the world, he's a wanky sad no-mates little cunt that, even when he's behaving publicly like a class traitor, is still uninteresting.  Don't waste your time reading his miserable irrelevant words, that's my advice.  #dogbotherer

Jonathan Ashworth is an awful fucking cunt and all.

bgmnts

The video of him bullying a jewish professor is pretty incredible. The world we live in is so confusing yet so transparent to me, it's amazing we haven't all nuked each other.

pancreas

Sorry, did nobody hear what I just said?

IG-FUCKING-NORE IT.

It is SHIT for CUNTS.

Zetetic

Alright.

What should we be learning from the experience of Manchester and Burnham?

pancreas

Kelvin

Quote from: Zetetic on October 28, 2020, 11:42:10 PM
Alright.

What should we be learning from the experience of Manchester and Burnham?

That if we had to have a centrist leading the party in 2020, I wish it was Burnham.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on October 28, 2020, 11:28:09 PM
He's not the biggest cunt in the world, he's a wanky sad no-mates little cunt that, even when he's behaving publicly like a class traitor, is still uninteresting.  Don't waste your time reading his miserable irrelevant words, that's my advice.  #dogbotherer

Jonathan Ashworth is an awful fucking cunt and all.

He's also going to have to spend the rest of his life among people who don't think he belongs. That is a significant punishment.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on October 28, 2020, 11:38:33 PM
Sorry, did nobody hear what I just said?

IG-FUCKING-NORE IT.

It is SHIT for CUNTS.

Keeps rearing its apocalyptically dishonest and smug head though doesn't it.

greencalx

I think it is worth talking about, at least for a day, as I suspect there will be a big difference between the content of the report and how it is perceived. The trailers are already using the language of "indirect discrimination" which points to a more complex narrative than the one that the Labour right and their chums in the press want us to believe.

But, no, the forum police have decided. Fuck you, bye.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greencalx on October 29, 2020, 07:55:15 AM
I think it is worth talking about, at least for a day, as I suspect there will be a big difference between the content of the report and how it is perceived. The trailers are already using the language of "indirect discrimination" which points to a more complex narrative than the one that the Labour right and their chums in the press want us to believe.

Indirect discrimination = no discrimination. Pancreas indirectly shut down conversation about this topic = Pancreas did not shut down conversation about this topic.

pigamus

I think we need to look seriously at defunding the forum police.

pancreas

Quote from: greencalx on October 29, 2020, 07:55:15 AM

Sorry, I don't actually expect people to obey me. Carry on.

greencalx

Seems like only two instances of actual AS so far. Indirect discrimination is a complex thing. I hope the report goes into detail about when these things happened - all that's been said so far is that it has continued under Starmer. A key question is what was going on before Corbyn came on the scene.

Is the report itself out yet? Or is it just hearsay so far.

Quote from: pigamus on October 29, 2020, 07:59:54 AM
I think we need to look seriously at defunding the forum police.

That would be nice, sick of them.

greencalx

Thanks -found it eventually! (Guardian link was to a local file on their hard drive... 'ksake).

Paul Calf

Quote from: pancreas on October 29, 2020, 09:32:59 AM
Sorry, I don't actually expect people to obey me. Carry on.

Tread lightly, for you tread on our dreams.

Buelligan

I love that.  I literally have the cloths of heaven on the end of my bed.

greenman

Perhaps the main thing to comment on would be that the report suggests an improved complaints service, something that was happening as the left gained more control of the party but I'm guessing has largely stopped now in favour of the old system of doing fuck all unless their was some political capital to be made.

greencalx

Agree. The report implies, but doesn't go far enough to state explicitly, that the crap complaints system has always been crap. So if Corbyn takes the rap then so should ever other Leader in the party's history. They seem to have been condemned for improving their sexual harassment procedures to a greater extent than those for antisemitism. So from a legal POV they'd be in a better place if they'd not bothered themselves with sexual harassment. I accept that the system was (and is) crap, and this can lead to some groups being disadvantaged more than others, and this constitutes indirect indiscrimination which is illegal. But the argument that it got worse under Corbyn seems to be weak (and things did actually seem to improve).

honeychile

Fucking hell, this is almost as forensic as Keir:

QuoteThere is evidence of LOTO staff being directly involved in the decision to investigate the second complaint of antisemitism made against Ken Livingstone. The Labour Party confirmed to us that a decision to 'go to Disputes', that is, to the NEC Disputes Panel, which was described as having been made 'higher up', was likely to refer to the decision having been made by LOTO and the General Secretary's Office (GSO). It therefore appears that LOTO staff, and potentially GSO staff, interfered in the decision to investigate the conduct of Ken Livingstone.

greencalx

But isn't "going to disputes" the actual procedure? So LOTO stating the procedure = interference??

According to the report, Corbyn's statement is an antisemitic trope.

Paul Calf

What a vast waste of everyone's fucking time this is going to be.

Paul Calf

Deadly pandemic that the government are largely ignoring, resulting in the projected deaths of thousands, cigs

No-deal Brexit that's going to devastate the industries that remain in business despite massive mishandling of the above, cigs

Government taken over by an executive with plans to insulate itself from legal and parliamentary accountability and cement itself at the head of a one-party state, cigs