Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v3: Abstainence Makes the Farce Grow Stronger

Started by BlodwynPig, October 07, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 29, 2020, 10:54:46 AM
Deadly pandemic that the government are largely ignoring, resulting in the projected deaths of thousands, cigs

No-deal Brexit that's going to devastate the industries that remain in business despite massive mishandling of the above, cigs

Government taken over by an executive with plans to insulate itself from legal and parliamentary accountability and cement itself at the head of a one-party state, cigs

That's why we should never listen to stinky people you disagree with. Blodwyn's Razor.  You can smell them a MILE OFF.

Paul Calf

QuoteDear Paul Calf,

This morning, the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) published their report into Antisemitism in the Labour Party.

The report, which we would urge you to read in full, can be found here.

We want to thank the EHRC for all of their work in the last year and a half, and the Labour Party staff who have worked tirelessly and constructively with the Commission's investigation.

The report's conclusions are clear and stark. The Commission has found that the Labour Party has breached the Equality Act in terms of unlawful harassment and indirect discrimination towards the Jewish community.

This is a day of shame for the Labour Party. We have failed the Jewish community, our members, our supporters and the British people. That is why, on behalf of the Labour Party, We want to apologise for all of the pain and grief that has been caused to the Jewish community these past few years.

It is also why we want to make this promise that we will act. Never again will Labour fail to tackle the poison of antisemitism or will we lose the trust of the Jewish community.

We accept the Commission's report in full and we will implement all of the recommendations in full, and we have already instructed staff to start taking this work forward.

But, we must go further. We need to change the Labour Party's culture.

It is on all us to make sure that the Labour Party is, once again, an open and welcoming place for people from all backgrounds and all communities.

Under our leadership, zero-tolerance of antisemitism will mean precisely that. There can be no more denials and no more excuses.

We will repair the breach and we will restore trust. We know it will take time and hard work, but we will do it. That is our mission and it is the commitment we made when we were elected.

We will only consider it a success when those members who left our Party because of antisemitism feel safe to return and when we no longer see the words "Labour" and "antisemitism" in the same sentence.

As a party member, I hope we can count on your support in implementing the EHRC's recommendations over coming weeks and months. If at any time you have any questions please send them to enquiries@labour.org.uk.

Keir Starmer

Leader of the Labour Party

Fuck off Kieth, you snide wooden ass-cancer cunt.

Quote from: Brave Sir Keith...when we no longer see the words "Labour" and "antisemitism" in the same sentence...

Now we've got a bland, non-threatening and thoroughly neutered empty suit like you in charge I'm guessing we won't be hearing this nearly as much.

Sebastian Cobb

Ugh, Emma Kennedy has retweeted some shit from Tracy Ann-Oberman

The EHRC concluded there was indirect antisemitism and not institutional antisemitism, and all the comments are 'yaaaas kweeen, love you and Rachael Riley'.

Paul Calf

I can't bear to look at the smug streak of piss that is EmKen's Twitter dribble any more.

Buelligan

Why are you lovely lads even reading it?  You don't need to, predictable and expected ugliness from predicable and ugly people.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on October 29, 2020, 11:45:19 AM
Why are you lovely lads even reading it?  You don't need to, predictable and expected ugliness from predicable and ugly people.

https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1321776852894101504

UPDATED: Keir Starmer says people who claim anti-Semitism allegations are exaggerated belong "nowhere near the Labour Party".

It comes minutes after Jeremy Corbyn said anti-Semitism  claims have been "dramatically overstated for political reasons"

Because if Corbyn is expelled or has the whip removed, it will have huge implications for the Labour Party.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I am dumbfounded apparently intelligent people want to spend their free time gawking at that sewer. Save yourself valuable time and hit yourself with a hammer until it really hurts.

The above reasoning doesn't explain why anyone needs to pay attention to Emma Kennedy, Riley or Obermann.

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

Keith quoted in the graun as saying anyone who reckons this is being overplayed for factional purposes shouldn't be anywhere near the party. So that's me out.

Good luck to the lot of you, you'll need it.

Buelligan

Keith's an absolute turd in the bath.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 29, 2020, 11:55:47 AM
Look I just like to be annoyed by things sometimes.

I know, by god I do, it's why you like me so much.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 29, 2020, 12:03:19 PM
Keith quoted in the graun as saying anyone who reckons this is being overplayed for factional purposes shouldn't be anywhere near the party. So that's me out.

Good luck to the lot of you, you'll need it.

One of the replies to that was 'why do you keep asking me to rejoin then?'.

Rizla

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 29, 2020, 11:44:02 AM
I can't bear to look at the smug streak of piss that is EmKen's Twitter dribble any more.
Oh come on she's a comedy genius

Quote from: demented centrist bastard
Nobody needs a gun at a polling station.

Nobody.

Ever.

Made me chuckle anyway. All hopping mad in her cottage there.

idunnosomename

That obermann tweet is demented

QuoteVINDICATED. All times I was told by Corbyns Labour Crew I was lying.Holocaust never happened I was aZio shill Rothschild whore, a tax evading paedophile.For leaving @uklabourwhen Livingstone called Hitler a ZIONIST & got away with it. For being told I LIED

All of the stuff theres right-wing tropes. Nothing about criticising the IDF or anything. Absolute delusion she got any of that from the uk left

Sebastian Cobb

I wouldn't be surprised if some horrible angry cunts sent her some absolute shit. To claim it was somehow representative of the 'the left' is pure distortion though.

Buelligan

It's like conflating the actions of an individual or individuals, with those of a discrete group (and you know where that gets you).

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 29, 2020, 12:15:48 PM
One of the replies to that was 'why do you keep asking me to rejoin then?'.

Haha that's very good. They've stopped emailing me now, so I'm officially beyond the pale labour-wise.

jobotic

Just spent five minutes looking at the wankfest on the Guardian website and now I need a shower.

Still can't see what the actual examples of antisemitism were, but that's not really important. Margaret Hodge telling us how great she is is though.

Ferris

Did you notice the stage being set for Luciana Berger's return and/or parachuting into a safe seat. I'm sure it had nothing to do with leaving to form Chuk:tig-redux and generating bad press for corbyn's labour.

See also: Ian Austin receiving a peerage.

EOLAN

Read a reasonable portion of the report so far. The tone of the report is very much in support of those that would be in line with Starmer's approach on this matter. Does look to highlight how bad things were under the Corbyn leadership. 

The actual substance of the report seems to be a lot milder. Largely in line with what others have said that complaints and training protocols weren't as being strongly implemented as other areas or more specifically sexual harassment.
Report seems very eager not to give any comparisons before Corbyn's leadership for comparisons and is using the improvements in sexual harassments claims as the  primary example of indirect discrimination. In effect; it would have been better to have improved all processes only mildly and consistently than to improve all at least mildly but inconsistently improve others to a far greater degree.

There are some learnings and good insights to take from the report; but the tone in which it is officially communicated and how it will be utilised is way out of line with the findings.

idunnosomename

Antisemitism! Everywhere! I can't believe it! So much antisemitism! Disgraceful.

thugler

Quote from: Cursus on October 29, 2020, 01:09:44 PM
Corbyn suspended.

He absolutely knew this would happen based on that statement (which i agree with before people jump on me). Is it really worth him continuing to fight this battle though?

ZoyzaSorris

Are you admitting you massively cocked up yet thugler? Just wondering.

phantom_power

Does the report mention the interference from party members to try and implicate the leadereship? All that stuff that came out earlier in the year?

thugler

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on October 29, 2020, 01:17:35 PM
Are you admitting you massively cocked up yet thugler? Just wondering.

I admit that i had 2 poor choices, that's all. Very much doubt rlb would have been a resounding success, nor do i understand how this would have changed the report or how the reaction to it was going to go regardless. I'm hopeful that a decent candidate for leader will emerge. Corbyn insisting on falling on his sword over this is pointless i'm afraid, i agree with him but noone who doesn't already is going to change their mind based on his statement.

Couldn't he at least say something more specific so that he could challenge his suspension. It's a vague phrasing which plays into the hands of cunts saying 'he's minimising it'