Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,477
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:30:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'My car was pulsating like a nuclear reactor'

Started by Jasha, October 07, 2020, 08:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasha

Pulsating it was, just like a nuclear reactor.

QuoteThe measurements on their website only appear to be within 1km of the property and obviously with being in Gloucester, it's a little bit further. With my audio engineering degree, I know that infrasound at high amplification can travel many miles and I think that's what it is."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/javelin-park-made-car-pulse-4569193

Not fake edit: should have gone in GB not Remain Indoors, sorry Barry

bomb_dog

PlanktonSideburns

And someone else added: "Yeah, I can hear it at night typically. Driving me mad! No idea what it is though."

dogshit journalism

PlanktonSideburns

I thought it was fish tanks, it could be anything. I've had blood tests and all sorts."

plonker

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 08, 2020, 12:16:49 AM
I thought it was fish tanks, it could be anything. I've had blood tests and all sorts."

What sort of quack is this guy seeing?

PlanktonSideburns

pulls off gloves

yep, definatley not fish tanks

did you complete your audio engineering degree, mr whateveryouramewas?

evilcommiedictator

To be fair, I don't think a nuclear reactor pulsates, and if it does, you're in marginal trouble

Cold Meat Platter

If only someone present had possessed the skills and technology required to have recorded this audio phenomenon.

H-O-W-L

My arse was pulsating like a nuclear reactor.

Wonderful Butternut

How many megawatts would be produced by incinerating Mr Simmons?

Mr Farenheit

QuoteLast month, Mr Simmons decided to investigate further afield and went in to the canal on the A38 Whitminster, where work was previously happening, at the dead of night to see if roadworks there was causing the vibrations.

Get in canal

Icehaven

QuoteLast month, Mr Simmons decided to investigate further afield and went in to the canal on the A38 Whitminster, where work was previously happening, at the dead of night to see if roadworks there was causing the vibrations.

I've read that several times now and I'm still trying to work out if it definitely means he got into a canal in the middle of the night to see if roadworks were making a noise, because no part of that makes any sense.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: icehaven on October 08, 2020, 02:34:43 PM

I've read that several times now and I'm still trying to work out if it definitely means he got into a canal in the middle of the night to see if roadworks were making a noise, because no part of that makes any sense.

The more I read about this the more I wonder if the whole thing has been machine generated. Well written, but semantically utter gibberish.

frajer

He stopped off at McDonalds so I have to think it was the Grimace rocking his car from behind. Almost can't believe this wasn't considered to be honest.

Aaron500

He went to the canal at 2am to see if the roadworks which had finished 2 months earlier where making the noise. Obviously.

I liked the council statement, which stopped just short of saying "it's five fucking miles away, with the Mfucking5 and the Afucking38 rumbling on between you and the plant, and it's fuck all to do with us anyway, you mad prick."

Personally I'm not satisfied he's fully explored the fish tank hypothesis. He might have been on the right track, but I don't think he can be sure that "blood tests and all sorts" have fully disproved the theory.

Sebastian Cobb

Parents live near the m5 and a38. You can hear the m5 purring at night.

There is a phenomenon that some people perceiv called 'the hum', debatable if it's real or imagined like those people with electrostatic hypersensitivity. Sounds like it could be that combined with being a bit of a wally.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: icehaven on October 08, 2020, 02:34:43 PM

Johnny Yesno

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 08, 2020, 09:35:24 PM
Parents live near the m5 and a38. You can hear the m5 purring at night.

There is a phenomenon that some people perceiv called 'the hum', debatable if it's real or imagined like those people with electrostatic hypersensitivity. Sounds like it could be that combined with being a bit of a wally.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

Funny, I've heard the noise this wiki article describes inside our flat at points. Never lived anywhere before where it featured.

But it is an inconstant almost sub-bass drone/rumble that becomes annoying because it feels like your head itself is vibrating from it. It shifts through different frequences, not simply being one consistent sounds, but always very low.

My partner can't hear this at all, aside of maybe 2 instances earlier in the year which were during the day. So to hear it may be psychological is a bit alarming.

It's difficult to locate too. I've left the apartment and listened near other people's doors, without any conclusive evidence.

The worst aspect of it all is that compared to where we moved from, a loft apartment which was very noisy with rain and wind, it is pretty quiet in the bedroom. We both remarked just how peaceful it was and how well we were sleeping. Not now.

Sebastian Cobb

I live right under the flight path of the big hospital's helecopter so get pretty used to noise.