Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,481
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Twitter thread tearing apart some met copper's book Lethal Force.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, October 07, 2020, 11:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I think this is probably worth wider discussion than shelf-abuse.

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1313818206155530246

I'm only on the prologue so far.

Quotewould you be surprised to learn that the man he shot did not have a MAC 10, or in fact any firearm, on or near him, and that the cop's evidence was described by the coroner as 'not rationally believable'

Quoteanyway turn the page and

Tony Tony Tony

I think I missed the episode where Peggy Ollerenshaw loosed off a few rounds at Miss Cathcart.

Was it in the pilot?

Flouncer

This is the perfect moment really, to release a turgid gammon hatewank of a book lionising are brave boys in blue. It'll become the toilet book du jour for all the dads who have grown weary of their well-thumbed Clarkson tomes. They can escape their families for a bit on a Sunday afternoon by barricading themselves in the lav with it, proper engrossed in the bit where PC Bigdick slotted the darkie holding a MAC-10, chortling at the non-PC banter and racial slurs being thrown around by their jackbooted heroes. Lovely stuff.

Fuck me.  It reads like a police version of the Andy McNab parody from the first series of Peep Show.

Confirming what plenty of us knew already, but fucking hell

touchingcloth

QuoteAs Jonno let rip with the stolen Kalashnikov, and Squarehead fired off a round of monkey puzzler, I looked down at the towel-head I'd just slotted. I didn't stop to think about it long; we all get slotted sometime.

QuoteThe only scenario that did bring me out in a sweat was the possibility of having my bollocks cut off. That would not be a good day out. If the rag heads had me tied down naked and were sharpening their knives, I'd do whatever I could to provoke them into slotting me.

Paul Calf

Literal castrated-by-the-darkies fantasies. I didn't realise those books had such sophisticated market reasearch behind them.

touchingcloth

One of those quotes is the Peep Show bit referenced by TheBrownBottle (was the first thing I thought of when seeing the bits from this police book, too), and one is Bravo Six Two Zero.

"Slotting" doesn't really make me think of killing, more of bumming. Oooooh, scary Arab man, do you want me to lap dance for you? I like your towels. 

ZoyzaSorris

The whole cop book does read a bit like the fever dreams of an unreconstructed 90s era Alan P.

Buelligan

I just fucking hate these people, they're the root and cause of so much pain.  ACAB.

Bernice

"I love shooting wogs and that."
- Tony Long, derived from Nelson Mandela.

Paul Calf

thenoise

Sebastian Cobb

It sounds like this cunt would've ended up bashing someone, probably a black someone if he was put on traffic warden duties, mad he was ever allowed near a gun.

Buelligan

It's because the people who make those decisions, the people who run things, think that people like that are fine.  I think they're the enemies of the people.  Murdering gangsters.

the

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 07, 2020, 11:05:02 PMI think this is probably worth wider discussion than shelf-abuse.

So what is this then, some self-published thing? Be good to get some context for it without feeling obliged to carve through the copious uninteresting proclamations of Twitter users.

Can't wait for the chapter where he spends the morning filling form B17a(d) in in triplicate, then goes and sits in a car.

smudge1971

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 07, 2020, 11:45:32 PM

Keeping you safe eh.
He deserves fucking slotting for "right of passage". I will tolerate him keeping the chocos, the povs and the bitches in their place but not spelling errors.

Besides the bizarre idea that you can 'derive' a quote, the whole 'you need rough men to protect you from rough men' is a logical fallacy in any case.  If rough men didn't exist in the first fucking place this would be a lot less of a problem.  'You need cunts like me to protect you from cunts like me'.  Yeah, thanks for that.  Where would we be without cunts like you?

Paul Calf

It's at the core of the abusive relationship: you're weak and pathetic and there are dangerous people out there. People like me. You need protecting from the cunts, and only cunts can help you.

Wonderful Butternut

Casual racism
Justification of police violence
Masturbating over how awesome guns are. We don't need to know that you specifically shot him with a H&K G36 because you thought he had a MAC-10 with its 'murderous rate of fire'[nb]What's a non murderous rate of fire on a gun? Cos if you can aim well enough, or just sucker punch an unarmed man who isn't expecting you to shoot him, one round will do it.[/nb], mate. We just need to know that you shot him and then made up some bollox about seeing a gun afterwards.

Nothing really surprising there, is there?

Cuellar

Quote from: the on October 08, 2020, 11:29:32 AM
So what is this then, some self-published thing? Be good to get some context for it without feeling obliged to carve through the copious uninteresting proclamations of Twitter users.

Can't wait for the chapter where he spends the morning filling form B17a(d) in in triplicate, then goes and sits in a car.

The novel in question: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lethal-Force-Life-Controversial-Marksman/dp/1785033948

'The only way to stop a bad cunt with a gun is with a good cunt with a gun'

Wayne LaPierre, derived from the voices in his head

touchingcloth

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on October 08, 2020, 11:50:24 AM
Casual racism
Justification of police violence
Masturbating over how awesome guns are. We don't need to know that you specifically shot him with a H&K G36 because you thought he had a MAC-10 with its 'murderous rate of fire'[nb]What's a non murderous rate of fire on a gun? Cos if you can aim well enough, or just sucker punch an unarmed man who isn't expecting you to shoot him, one round will do it.[/nb], mate. We just need to know that you shot him and then made up some bollox about seeing a gun afterwards.

Nothing really surprising there, is there?

It's ridiculous that he's even dropping brand names of guns in a book which is presumably intended for a British audience. Do people know what a MAC-10 H&K G36 is, or do they just know enough to know that it's some form of gun and to get off on that if they're of a particular mindset?

"65-grain soft points" sounds like some sort of gum-safe rice which is served in nursing homes.

Buelligan

idunnosomename

Quote from: thenoise on October 08, 2020, 09:41:30 AM
Pretty sure Orwell knew how to spell 'peacefully'.
lol at the spelling mistake on the FIRST PAGE

dumb as rocks coppers

Buelligan

Quote from: the on October 08, 2020, 11:59:26 AM
Thanks. Enjoyed the 1-star reviews:

"dont do it"

I preferred the reviewer who said they'd rather have been shot by the author before wasting their time on reading his fucking book. 

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 08, 2020, 11:56:46 AM
It's ridiculous that he's even dropping brand names of guns in a book which is presumably intended for a British audience. Do people know what a MAC-10 H&K G36 is, or do they just know enough to know that it's some form of gun and to get off on that if they're of a particular mindset?

"65-grain soft points" sounds like some sort of gum-safe rice which is served in nursing homes.

It's not for your general audience. It's for your semi-impotent flabby dad-of-three who could have been Special Forces if he hadn't married the first person who'd fuck him twice and got stuck with that man-trap bitch of a wife. He knows what would sort out those nasty, questioning, slack mouths: a proper man with a big gun.

Buelligan

Or woman.

I must admit, sometimes, I feel like putting a bit of stick about myself.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 08, 2020, 11:56:46 AM

People who play a lot of Call of Duty or the modern setting Battlefield games might know. That could be his intended audience.