Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nuns

Started by Butchers Blind, October 07, 2020, 11:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Penguin pussy*

* © National Lampoon, 1977

Icehaven

There used to be a German Nun that regularly came to use the computers in the last public library I worked in, then she bought herself a laptop so she had lessons on how to use it with these work experience volunteers we had. Once she was competent enough at it she never came back. She was also very old so may possibly be dead now. 

dissolute ocelot

It was definitely a highlight of going to the Vatican and Rome, the sheer number of penguins, pedos, and jedis.

Butchers Blind

I did see a nun once with her clothes inside out.  When I asked her she said, "Its a bad habit".

Seriously though, not seen a nun in years.

Shit Good Nose

Typical, yet another nuns thread.

Icehaven

Is it still a popular career choice in countries where religion (particularly Catholicism) is still a big deal, so maybe Italy, Spain, some South American and African countries?

idunnosomename

I fucked a nun and the nun won

jobotic

I tried to join a nunnery but all the rooms were full. They said there was none left until a nun left.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: bomb_dog on October 07, 2020, 11:57:32 PM
Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch apparently.

Ahh, what comedy is that from?  I have a memory of someone explaining it to a nun with those words with the nun looking increasingly angry as the words are repeated several times.  A comedy show. Sometime in the 80's maybe.  EDIT: Maybe Harry Enfield?
EDIT2: Ah yes, this thread would suggest it is.

flotemysost

My (very atheist) dad has told me of how he used to go out (and presumably, in) with an Irish nun. So it's possible I'm actually part nun.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Ray Travez on October 08, 2020, 11:32:25 PM
Nuns on the Run?

Not seen that.  The one I was remembering was a guy explaining to an elderly nun what crossing yourself really means, repeating the phrase "spectacles, testicles wallet & watch" over and over, with the nun having an angry expression, and slowly growing more livid (but remaining silent) with each repetition of the phrase.

Jockice

It's okay for you lot, but I went to Catholic schools - in fact my first and last had convents attached - and am still terrified of the fuckers (or non-fuckers). They are without any doubt the most violent people on earth. I'm glad there are now less of them about.

checkoutgirl

Activities, nun.
Sports, nun.
Honours, nun.
So many memories.

Many years ago I remember a friend of mine getting punched by a nun at a New Year's Eve do in the Fox & Goose. I'm pretty sure it was actually a man dressed as a nun and the friend subsequently became both a police officer and a Tory county councillor, so it was fine.

Dr Trouser

Love a good wimple

Jockice

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on October 09, 2020, 08:04:22 AM
Many years ago I remember a friend of mine getting punched by a nun at a New Year's Eve do in the Fox & Goose. I'm pretty sure it was actually a man dressed as a nun and the friend subsequently became both a police officer and a Tory county councillor, so it was fine.

You had it lucky mate. The one in charge of the lower part of our secondary school hated boys with their ears pierced. So when a lad in our year got one of his done, with a stud in rather than a ring, she called him over - and just ripped it out, taking half his earlobe with it. The kid was an utter prick but I don't think even he deserved that.

Being a brave rebel I waited until I was in the sixth form and not under her jurisdiction (the school had two buildings with separate heads - both nuns - in charge) before getting mine done. She wasn't impressed though. Far from it. She thought I was a nice boy before that.

What is it about nuns and their barely suppressed rage? There are loads of tales about nuns administering severe beatings or engaging in cruel behaviour, but they can't all be like that, surely?

How about the nice smiley ones riding bicycles past the cricket match on the village green? In your experience are these Brides of Christ  just as likely to give perceived wrongdoers a proper fucking shoeing?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Jockice on October 09, 2020, 07:05:23 AM
It's okay for you lot, but I went to Catholic schools - in fact my first and last had convents attached - and am still terrified of the fuckers (or non-fuckers). They are without any doubt the most violent people on earth. I'm glad there are now less of them about.
It's FEWER, you wicked child!

dead-ced-dead

Funnily enough, my father was a nun.

No he wasn't.

He was so, sir. Because when he was called up in court and the judge asked his occupation, he'd say, "None."

El Unicornio, mang

Dolores Hart, who snogged Elvis in a movie, left her Hollywood life behind to become a nun

Still going strong at 81! Probably a healthier lifestyle than Hollywood.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on October 09, 2020, 11:40:30 AM
What is it about nuns and their barely suppressed rage? There are loads of tales about nuns administering severe beatings or engaging in cruel behaviour, but they can't all be like that, surely?

Not getting enough kisses and cuddles.

It sounds like Jesus isn't a very attentive husband.

Sebastian Cobb

I've never really any dealings with them but there was a couple that wandered past me once when walking to work and it didn't 'shit me up' or anything, but I felt a minor sense of unease as they passed me. It kind of felt more extreme than other religious get-ups for some reason.

steve98

I always feel the need to look as beatific and Holy as possible when I pass them in the street (Even though I'm neither)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: steve98 on October 09, 2020, 12:46:02 PM
I always feel the need to look as beatific and Holy as possible when I pass them in the street (Even though I'm neither)

I think I just looked shifty.

steve98

Yeah, but no matter, we're all different.

Cuellar

You know what you don't see much of these days? Anchoresses.

Jockice

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on October 09, 2020, 11:40:30 AM

Oh they are! The aforementioned ear-ripping nun, Sister Catherine, liked me, mainly I think because of our shared nationality. However...

there were a load of masses at that place and during one of them, me, my two best classmates and a girl in our class got sent out for laughing. A crime against God or something. Sister Catherine wanted us all to see her separately so I said I'd go on first, which would calm her down. After all, she liked me. As soon as I was in the room she grabbed me by the lapels and started ramming me into the wall. The sort of thing you'd see in pub fights. I think I had several punches and a couple of face slaps too. Really!

Still at least Brendan, Mick and Sarah's faces were a picture when I staggered out of her room like a punchdrunk boxer. One who hadn't been allowed to fight back. Even if I had been allowed to I think I'd have still lost. She had beating 12-year-olds up down to perfection. Practice makes perfect.

checkoutgirl

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is nun. Nun more black