Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:18:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong Doubles 2020: A Touch of Ploff v PolyTrouser

Started by Spoon of Ploff, October 08, 2020, 10:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Lovely stuff.

As Crabwalk pointed out in the final, the beige man got off lightly during the main competition this year.

touchingcloth

Cerys

rue the polywhirl

Cerys

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

touchingcloth

4am tomorrow is 72 hours from the last shot. We're still having a natter about the next shot, so hopefully it will be done before the end of today but are the PolyTrousers OK with it being before, say, midday tomorrow if not?

rue the polywhirl

Get ur shot in before 4am deadline or instant forfeiture.

Dr Trouser

I've had some grim news over the weekend so unfortunately I'll be away from the board this week as I've got to see to a sick relative.

Not sure what the rules say about this, but really sorry to leave my partner in the lurch.

touchingcloth

Ssssssssssstriker!

Quote from: Dr Trouser on October 11, 2020, 02:20:24 PM
I've had some grim news over the weekend so unfortunately I'll be away from the board this week as I've got to see to a sick relative.

Not sure what the rules say about this, but really sorry to leave my partner in the lurch.

Sorry to hear that, and I hope I speak for m'colleague when I say we won't be holding you strictly to the rules or anything, even if your team mate is a heartless bastard.

selectivememory

Quote from: Dr Trouser on October 11, 2020, 02:20:24 PM

Sorry to hear that.

As far as this match goes, I think there are two options: either rue can play a second shot, or I can sub in for you to get this match done. I'll let rue decide on that one.

if you're playing on in the tournament, I'm more than happy to let you guys be the team to sit the next round out to give you more time. That'll probably give you over a week before you'd be needed again.

rue the polywhirl

Firstly, I'd like to rename our team Dr PolyTrouser. Second, if I can't come up with anything good in the next 24 hours I'll like selectivememory to step in as my team mate and produce a match-winning shot for me. And definitely if we could sit out the next round which will allow us to reconvene and then progress to the end of the tournament.

selectivememory

OK, well let me know if you want me to and I'll do my best in the time remaining.

rue the polywhirl

OK I'm coming up short at the moment so if I hand it over to you selectivememory for an interstellar return shot.

touchingcloth

I vote your team name becomes Memories of Polytrousers, and that all of your shots are created while you listen to Memories of Green from off of Blade Runner.

selectivememory

Oh bugger, guess I'll have to come up with something.

rue the polywhirl

Actually, hang fire selectivememory. I've got a shot that I'll have cooked up by the end of this evening.

touchingcloth

I've just noticed that all three shots so far have used what I think is the same source image of Sirkier. His one hi-res headshot.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 13, 2020, 02:32:27 AM
I've just noticed that all three shots so far have used what I think is the same source image of Sirkier. His one hi-res headshot.

no i don't think so. its just that's how he looks in 95% of photos.

rue the polywhirl

One belated return coming right up. Thwash, Thwang, Thwollop!

selectivememory

Good match. Almost too close to call, but I'm going to go with Dr PolyTrouser, as rue did very well in the circumstances.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

touchingcloth

Kudos for that return, rue! I'd like to see Starmlight Express.

chveik

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Dr. Polytrouser partly for all those lovely words at the end