Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:15:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jerry Sadowitz in your house???!!!?

Started by chocolate teapot, October 08, 2020, 11:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MigraineBoy

ideal scenario: 2 minutes in one of the 4 attendees just whips their phone out & starts filming.

lipsink

He'll definitely need to wear a visor with the amount he spits.

Wet Blanket

QuoteSELLER RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO DO THE SHOW FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.

He regularly refuses to perform if he turns up at venues that don't meet his specific criteria so you're on a real hiding to nothing inviting him into your living room

Hand Solo

Let's all club together to pay him and surreptitiously give him Dynamo's address.

Captain Crunch

My favourite joke from Sadowitz, and possibly ever, is when he said "Activia yoghurt, fucking Activia yoghurt you can fucking pour it fucking Activia yoghurt.  Course you can fucking pour it, if you couldn't fucking pour it it would be FUCKING CHEESE"

Genius. 

Benjaminos

Mine is 'and now, the world's first racist card trick'

*shuffles the deck, deals out every black card while shouting 'out! out! out!'*

Hand Solo

Could actually be feasible to club together on here and get a private CaB only show via Zoom/Skype?

Doubt he'd go for that, but it'd be an idea. He'd almost definitely get his cock out, though.

the science eel

I saw him in Edinburgh last year and he didn't go down well at ALL.

As he left he said something like 'well I THINK some of you enjoyed it...I'm really not sure!' - sardonic laugh, fucked off stage sharpish. An odd night.

bomb_dog

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 08, 2020, 10:13:21 PM
Could actually be feasible to club together on here and get a private CaB only show via Zoom/Skype?
Not on this auction - it's already £2,100 for the winner and up to five guests.

Hand Solo

Quote from: bomb_dog on October 09, 2020, 12:18:05 AM
Not on this auction - it's already £2,100 for the winner and up to five guests.

Winner and 4 guests, surely - what with the rule of 6?

So that'll be Zippy, George, Bungle.. and which out of Rod, Jane and Freddie to invite? Jane, most likely.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 09, 2020, 12:45:22 AM
Winner and 4 guests, surely - what with the rule of 6?

So that'll be Zippy, George, Bungle.. and which out of Rod, Jane and Freddie to invite? Jane, most likely.
Jane's married to Freddy though. Imagine the arguments. Got to be Rod.

Retinend

That's 350 quid each if the maximum of 6 people went.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Retinend on October 09, 2020, 07:46:08 AM
That's 350 quid each if the maximum of 6 people went.
The audience can only be 5 - Jerry being the 6th.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Lost Oliver

My idea of comic relief is turning Victoria Wood OFF

thenoise

Turns out not all Sadowitz fans are dirt broke after all. If it's a nice house he might start doing this every year. Probably makes more then when he played Leamington spa a few years back to an audience of a couple of dozen.

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 08, 2020, 10:13:21 PM

Doubt he'd go for that, but it'd be an idea. He'd almost definitely get his cock out, though.

Sadowitz CAB radio show? Actually surprised hes never adapted his schtick to radio, especially with his being a bit of a music buff. I guess the card tricks wouldnt translate too well.

Hand Solo

Quote from: thenoise on October 09, 2020, 12:55:14 PM
Turns out not all Sadowitz fans are dirt broke after all. If it's a nice house he might start doing this every year. Probably makes more then when he played Leamington spa a few years back to an audience of a couple of dozen.

He'll walk in and Richard Herring will be sitting there with his podcast equipment ready to do a surprise interview, won't he?

Sadowitz CAB radio show? Actually surprised hes never adapted his schtick to radio, especially with his being a bit of a music buff. I guess the card tricks wouldnt translate too well.

He's actually a pretty decent sketch writer, some of the stuff in The Pall-Bearer's Revue is quite Python-esque, well, to the point there's a sketch about a parrot trying to return an alternative comedian to a shop because it's not funny, the other parrot takes it's head off and it's Ben Elton. And he does some quite decent impressions. So yeah, he could have applied himself to other areas like radio but `twas not Toby.

Captain Crunch

Over £2k with over a week to go is good going, hope he pulls it off.

mippy

Quote from: Wet Blanket on October 08, 2020, 12:10:44 PM
He regularly refuses to perform if he turns up at venues that don't meet his specific criteria so you're on a real hiding to nothing inviting him into your living room

What specific criteria?

petril

Jerry Sadowitz on In Your House would be a solid reason to get the WWE Network

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

I like the optimism of the multiple bidder who baled out at £30.

When Sadowitz asks where the toilet is and disappears for 5 minutes I'd be torn between wanting him to leave a trick behind to be discovered later and hoping he just washes his hands properly.

petril

top punchline would be getting him as a guest on a radio show. and card magician is just the first reason why it's funny

Noodle Lizard

Hand Solo

I fully expect the gig in someone's front room to feature the A Mighty Wind soundtrack as the pre-show ambiance music while the audien.. bloke gets his snacks and drinks and settles into his settee.

I hope for Jerry's sake it's not just TC.