Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:41:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Roland MC 707

Started by Cuntbeaks, October 08, 2020, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

I took the plunge and bought one of these last week. It's the only piece of hardware I've owned and a few things are puzzling me.

It's a wonderful all-in-one piece of kit and i don't intend on buying anything else, but it does lack a 'song mode' or any way to output a full track. It has USB Audio out which i would prefer to use as opposed to line out into my laptop's mic in. I assume the mic in option would be noisier with a poorer end result.

I tried to link it up with Adobe Audition to no avail and i don't have a DAW as such, or know which would be the best one to get.

I prefer the idea of hooking it to the laptop and recording the output while i noodle away live as opposed to building the component parts back up in a DAW.

Any assistance or insight is welcomed.

the

Cuntbeaks

I want to record my tunes onto my laptop as i make them, but not sure how.

the

First you'll need to install the driver for the Roland on your computer. Then any DAW or recording programme you have should be able to see the MC-707 as a USB audio interface, which you can then select (via the appropriate recording/inputs menu of that programme), and record the audio from.

If you wanted to do something more complex than just record the audio of the master output, the 'Computer Love' section of this Sound On Sound review seems to outline some of the available options if you're using a DAW (ie. something that does multitracking).

Cuntbeaks

Cheers. I managed to route it into Audition.

Meandering shitty songs ahoy!!!