Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:02:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FATMAN - The Passion Of The Claus

Started by Hand Solo, October 09, 2020, 10:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Mel Gibson IS Saddam Hussein AS Santa Claus.

The trailer had me with Walton Goggins, evil kid and alkie Santa complaining about his public image, but lost me as it went on by not really being very funny and seemingly relying entirely on the wacky premise.

But maybe it's a movie where the laughs are either too grisly or too dry for the trailers. Either one would work for me. I'll see what the reviews say.

And I know Gibson was a bit of a cunt, but is he rehabilitated enough to direct again? He's wasted in stuff like this.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Mister Six on October 09, 2020, 01:36:47 PM
The trailer had me with Walton Goggins, evil kid and alkie Santa complaining about his public image, but lost me as it went on by not really being very funny and seemingly relying entirely on the wacky premise.

It would only really work if they played it pretty much straight which you can't really put in context in a punchy trailer, if it was all wacky and Step Brothers-y it would grate terribly I feel. Meh. The wacky premise isn't especially original, either, Bad Santa etc, or that French movie that sued Home Alone because it was essentially that with a burglar dressed as Santa.

beanheadmcginty

This is pretty much that fictional Santa film starring Lee Majors thst they trail near the beginning of Scrooged isn't it?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mister Six on October 09, 2020, 01:36:47 PM
And I know Gibson was a bit of a cunt, but is he rehabilitated enough to direct again? He's wasted in stuff like this.

The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection is supposed to be in the works, with Jim Calziel going on about it a couple of weeks ago, so he may well start helming films again soon.

As for this, there was a graphic novel called Santa Versus Dracula a few years back which this is a bit similar too, essentially portraying Santa Claus as a hard ass bastard who has to fight off someone trying to kill him, though that had a more fantastical element to it than this does.

Mister Six

Grant Morrison's Klaus is a bit like that, although he's a lovely warm-hearted hero as well as being a had bastard who chops villains up with a sword, so...

Hand Solo

Just a note that this is *cough* available now.

tourism

Hand Solo

Quote from: tourism on November 21, 2020, 09:21:59 PM
looks *cough* bad

This kind of film isn't my cup of tea, either, but y'know lockdown and all that.

Wouldn't put it past Hollywood to have created the Coronavirus to get everyone stuck indoors dependant on consuming their schlock tbh. Amazon's profits have tripled.

tourism

Quote from: Hand Solo on November 21, 2020, 09:23:34 PM
This kind of film isn't my cup of tea, either, but y'know lockdown and all that.

yeah fair. my streaming suggestions have all gone shit-shaped out of all this.

Malcy

I kind of enjoyed it. It was an odd and daft film but that's just what I needed last night. I had a lot of questions but I thought it was better to not have them explained and just roll with it. Thought Gibson was great in it.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Malcy on November 22, 2020, 05:38:05 PM
I kind of enjoyed it. It was an odd and daft film but that's just what I needed last night. I had a lot of questions but I thought it was better to not have them explained and just roll with it. Thought Gibson was great in it.

Good good. I'll get round to watching it probably nearer to Chrimbo when I'm with friends, have a load of other stuff to get through first. Just thought I'd remind anyone else it's there in case they were hankering for something a bit daft to watch, other than the news..

Hand Solo

In the notion of brainless action movies starring Mel Gibson, Boss Level is available now, too. It's the ACTION MOVIE Groundhog Day concept, which has been done a few times already.

No idea why why the trailer is half mute, THE JEWS© might have done it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

How can a black person be in the same room as someone caught using the phrase 'raped by a pack of n******' let alone work with that person?

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 28, 2020, 11:46:30 AM
How can a black person be in the same room as someone caught using the phrase 'raped by a pack of n******' let alone work with that person?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Because the door is jammed shut by a huge pile of $100 bills?