Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Post photos of your record collection

Started by popcorn, October 09, 2020, 09:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Replies From View

why would I have a scrotum collection

I can only assume your command was intended for another man, not me

Glebe

I only have The Very Best of The Bee Gees.

Inspector Norse

I think you'll agree that's a pretty comprehensive collection of records there

Replies From View

Quote from: Inspector Norse on October 11, 2020, 08:46:12 AM

I think you'll agree that's a pretty comprehensive collection of records there

Many, many of the records would have been copy-pasted from year to year, though.  At most I reckon that's about three books' worth of records padded out over however many that is.

I wonder what record that man needs to complete to escape from there.  Maybe to earn his freedom he has to burn all the books using the chimney behind him.

idunnosomename

I like to think he lives in that chimney with all of his Guinness books of records

Glebe

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 11, 2020, 11:31:12 AMI like to think he lives in that chimney with all of his Guinness books of records

It's actually a bizarre 'human beehive' he's constructed.

Ferris

*ferris checks thread with gleam in his eye*

*notices the "guinness book of records" gag has been done*

*its with a funnier image than the one he found*

*exits thread without contributing a single fucking thing*

Textbook.

touchingcloth

I don't have a record collection, so here is a photo of my penis:

Replies From View

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 11, 2020, 04:04:29 PM
*notices the "guinness book of records" gag has been done*

Actually it is a Guinness Books of Records gag, owing to the sheer volume of books that make it a collection of books of records.

If it was a Guinness Book of Records gag it would work a tiny bit because a single solitary book of records has a collection of records within it, just not a big collection, relatively speaking.  Maybe you were planning on showing a photo of a man with one book as his collection of records.  It would be fine, just less obviously a man with a collection.  You would probably need a little bit of text underneath to explain how a man with one book is still a man with a collection.

Probably not worth doing, when all options are considered.  Good luck though anyway with your new career of posting photos of collections.

Replies From View

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on October 11, 2020, 09:33:41 PM
Actually it is a Guinness Books of Records gag, owing to the sheer volume of books that make it a collection of books of records.

If it was a Guinness Book of Records gag it would work a tiny bit because a single solitary book of records has a collection of records within it, just not a big collection, relatively speaking.  Maybe you were planning on showing a photo of a man with one book as his collection of records.  It would be fine, just less obviously a man with a collection.  You would probably need a little bit of text underneath to explain how a man with one book is still a man with a collection.

Probably not worth doing, when all options are considered.  Good luck though anyway with your new career of posting photos of collections.

If the thread was "post photos of your Oscar Wylde quotations collection", would you complain if someone posted a photo of a book titled "A Collection of Oscar Wylde Quotations"?

I suspect that you would not, but would raise objections if someone showed multiple books of quotations.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 11, 2020, 10:06:18 PM
If the thread was "post photos of your Oscar Wylde quotations collection", would you complain if someone posted a photo of a book titled "A Collection of Oscar Wylde Quotations"?

I suspect that you would not, but would raise objections if someone showed multiple books of quotations.

You are merely highlighting my point that a single solitary book can still be a collection, but that it might take a few moments longer to explain to a bystander what the collection actually is if all you're doing is gawping at them holding that one item.

What I was in fact correcting was the notion that the initial gag was 'a Guinness Book of Records' gag.  It wasn't.  It was 'a Guinness Books of Records' gag, owing to the quantity of books therein.

I hope the matter is now sufficiently clear.

touchingcloth

No one would have any issues with a single book being a collection of records, and I think that you know that.

Replies From View

ok so you're quite in a rush trying to get into lidl while there's all covid people trying to make you queue up and distance yourself up

right?

and while all this is going on, somebody is trying to get your attention.  he has a rucksack and keeps telling you that he's going to unzip the rucksack.  it's annoying because you think why isn't he just unzipping it then.  but your main attention isn't even on that.  you're trying to get into lidl

and there's this endless deferral going on where this man wants your full attention to be on the action of him unzipping his rucksack when really he should just unzip it, get the thing out, and try to get your attention with that thing

but he doesn't

he needs your attention to be on the action of him unzipping his bag.  and you're not going to give him that

and before you know it you are in lidl and you never see or hear from him in person ever again

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

So proud of my collection.
They don't sound exactly like the hit versions because they're actually extremely rare studio outtakes.

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on October 11, 2020, 10:33:11 PM
You are merely highlighting my point that a single solitary book can still be a collection, but that it might take a few moments longer to explain to a bystander what the collection actually is if all you're doing is gawping at them holding that one item.

What I was in fact correcting was the notion that the initial gag was 'a Guinness Book of Records' gag.  It wasn't.  It was 'a Guinness Books of Records' gag, owing to the quantity of books therein.

I hope the matter is now sufficiently clear.

furious about this