Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:49:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

£15 back to the 90's takeaway.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, October 10, 2020, 08:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I almost resurrected the infantile thread for this, but fuck it. It  can have its own thread.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/restaurant-doing-15-back-90s-22823802?fosdjflisdhfis=

QuoteIntroducing Lilly's "BACK TO THE 90's BOX"

Wether this is to feed 4 children or a box to reminisce the good old days, this will be available to order from tomorrow 😊

The box includes:
Mini Cheese & Tomato Pizza
4 original Turkey Twizzlers
8 Chicken Dippers
4 mini Potato Waffles
4 Turkey Dinosaurs
6 Potato Smileys
Curly Fries
Spaghetti Hoops
Beans
4 fruit shoots or 2 Cans of Coca Cola
£14.99

We know what we'll be having for tea tomorrow 😉

QuoteA spokesperson for Lilly's replied to a few of the remarks about people being able to make it themselves at home, saying: "It isn't as enjoyable when you have to do the cooking and washing up yourself."

DrGreggles

In the 90s I was mainly eating kebabs and Super Noodles.
I'd want A LOT for fifteen quid.

bgmnts

Surely you could buy most of that from supermarkets for half the price?

Oh sorry yeah its for lazy cunts people who don't want to do the washing up.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on October 10, 2020, 08:53:14 PM
Surely you could buy most of that from supermarkets for half the price?

Oh sorry yeah its for lazy cunts people who don't want to do the washing up.

Buy some paper plates from the supermarket, job done.

Sebastian Cobb

[tag]Kerry Katona's munchy box[/tag]

How 'original' are these Turkey twizzlers?

shiftwork2

Inspector Norse

Isn't most nostalgic reminiscing over food like this of the "thank the lord I don't get fed that shite any more" variety?

shagatha crustie

My friend and his girlfriend were round at mine once and we were all absolutely hanging out our arses and thought it would be a great idea to have a 90s kids' tea so went to Iceland and bought large quantities of alphabet spaghetti, turkey dinosaurs and potato smileys. It was appalling.

Sebastian Cobb

I got some spiral fries from lidl recently and they were shit. Very low on seasoning and they seemed to transition between soggy and solidified in a blink of an eye.

I think it was just that specific brand being complete shit though.

Thursday

Christ Brexit Britain in action, imagine actually ordering one of these (I would eat this)

Bazooka

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 10, 2020, 08:51:51 PM
In the 90s I was mainly eating kebabs and Super Noodles.
I'd want A LOT for fifteen quid.

£15 worth of doner these days is barely a snack compared with what you could get for about a quid in the 90s.  And I doubt the quality has got any better.

Those Turkey Dinos look undercooked. They need to have a golden crumb.

Captain Crunch

Lightweights.  These days it's all about the 4ft parmo:

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 10, 2020, 08:49:25 PM
I almost resurrected the infantile thread for this, but fuck it. It  can have its own thread.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/restaurant-doing-15-back-90s-22823802?fosdjflisdhfis=

Not enough time to devote to this so quick summary :

- All involved are nonentities who should die
- Cheers

Neomod

Quote from: Captain Crunch on October 10, 2020, 09:35:53 PM

Erm.. what's a Parmo? Even with a photo it's hard to discern what it is apart from 'comes with chips'.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Captain Crunch on October 10, 2020, 09:35:53 PM

There's a couple of South Indian resturants called Rishi's dotted across Scotland that do massive dosa for a family to share rather than having individual ones. The waiters carry it in on their shoulders like it's a rolled up carpet.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Neomod on October 10, 2020, 09:39:59 PM
Erm.. what's a Parmo? Even with a photo it's hard to discern what it is apart from 'comes with chips'.

I was stumped too. It's got its own page on wikipedia.

QuoteThe parmo, or Teesside Parmesan,[1] is a dish originating in Middlesbrough, Teesside, and a popular item of take-away food in the Teesside area. It consists of a breaded cutlet of chicken or pork topped with a white béchamel sauce and cheese, usually cheddar cheese. The name of the dish is a reference to the dish chicken parmigiana, which is made with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.[2]

petril

if it's really meant to be 90s, how come the presence of the beans hasn't made the price negative?

that's the proper 90s there. Beans War, motherfucker

idunnosomename

genuinely feel sick. i may literally be sick in a bin

bgmnts

Quote from: petrilTanaka on October 10, 2020, 10:09:54 PM
if it's really meant to be 90s, how come the presence of the beans hasn't made the price negative?

QuoteKwik Save later suffered financial difficulties and went into administration in 2007.

non capisco

The pathetic beans and paltry spaghetti hoops floating about in thin red juice in those shit plastic tubs is a truly emetic spectacle. Get it out of my sight. Giving me the right boke.

canadagoose

I remember beans being 2p a tin from Safeway for a bit. Must have been mid-90s too?

imitationleather

Also apparently the Turkey Twizzlers you can get these days don't hold a candle to the ones they had back then.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: canadagoose on October 10, 2020, 10:21:59 PM
I remember beans being 2p a tin from Safeway for a bit. Must have been mid-90s too?

When I was in university and buying cheap shit beans to save cash I was always mildly perturbed that the ones with 'sausages' in them were cheaper than the ones without.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on October 10, 2020, 10:23:42 PM
Also apparently the Turkey Twizzlers you can get these days don't hold a candle to the ones they had back then.

I always consider them a 2000's thing because I wasn't aware of them until that fat-tongued twat went on a crusade.

imitationleather

Same. I've never eaten one or even seen one in real life.

Rizla

Wow that takes me back. There was a KwikSave that was the only shop near our practice room at that time, so I got to know some of their hateful products well. Insanely cheap peanuts that stripped the flesh from your mouth roof, such was the salt content. And something called an "Ashmount Bite-to-Eat" which I dimly recall was some savoury biscuits, cheese spread and ham-like matter all packaged together. Grimness.