Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

£15 back to the 90's takeaway.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, October 10, 2020, 08:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on October 10, 2020, 10:23:42 PM
Also apparently the Turkey Twizzlers you can get these days don't hold a candle to the ones they had back then.
they've removed the flammable content because it was a carcinogen

Icehaven

Quote from: Neomod on October 10, 2020, 09:39:59 PM
Erm.. what's a Parmo? Even with a photo it's hard to discern what it is apart from 'comes with chips'.
The parmo, or Teesside Parmesan,[1] is a dish originating in Middlesbrough, Teesside, and a popular item of take-away food in the Teesside area. It consists of a breaded cutlet of chicken or pork topped with a white béchamel sauce and cheese, usually cheddar cheese. The name of the dish is a reference to the dish chicken parmigiana, which is made with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.[2

I've never heard of a Parmo but it sounds my thing. Anyone know where does them in the Midlands?

Hand Solo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 10, 2020, 10:27:18 PM
I always consider them a 2000's thing because I wasn't aware of them until that fat-tongued twat went on a crusade.

Correction: Jamie Oliver is not a fat-tongued twat.

He's a flabby-tongued cunt.

touchingcloth

How do you feed 4 kids with no issues with 6 potato smileys?

Introducing Lily's £15 £10 Tesco's meal deal.

Ferris

To be honest I'd smash the fuck out of that.

I'm a bit stoned though.

bgmnts

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 10, 2020, 11:07:18 PM

My mother asked that exact same question and we decided one and a half each.

touchingcloth

Quote from: bgmnts on October 10, 2020, 11:12:23 PM
My mother asked that exact same question and we decided one and a half each.

Look at the fucking box. 8 nuggets, but 6 smileys. Half a chicken nugget, sure, but you and your siblings are total gimps if you found half a smiley acceptable.

bgmnts

I agree and this is why I'm behind China's one child policy.

Glebe

This should be called the 'Chekky' Box!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 10, 2020, 11:10:32 PM
To be honest I'd smash the fuck out of that.

I'm a bit stoned though.

I'd eat it in all honesty, but £15 is taking the piss. And it's a soulless copy of a munchie box, the whole point of a munchie box is it's full of grubby shit that is a ballache to make at small scale - pakora, doner, fried onion rings etc, all that is frozen shit and it's not much of a burden to tip it onto a baking tray.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 10, 2020, 11:07:18 PM

Introducing Lily's £15 £10 Tesco's meal deal.

Lets face it, this is going to be comfort food for one person that will result in post-trough shame.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 10, 2020, 11:34:09 PM
I'd eat it in all honesty, but £15 is taking the piss. And it's a soulless copy of a munchie box, the whole point of a munchie box is it's full of grubby shit that is a ballache to make at small scale - pakora, doner, fried onion rings etc, all that is frozen shit and it's not much of a burden to tip it onto a baking tray.

Yeah 15 notes for that is criminal.

JamesTC

Quote from: petrilTanaka on October 10, 2020, 10:09:54 PM

that's the proper 90s there. Beans War, motherfucker

Quote"Independent on Sunday tester Jack Wellborn, 21, ate a whole tin of the Kwik Save beans: 'They're nice,' he said."

Replies From View

I wonder if he went in with the intention of only eating a forkful, found it nice, had another forkful, found it nice, anyone forkful, hmm quite nice these or this, however it is measured, another forkful, and before he had reached the end of his crossword the entire tin's worth of Kwik Save beans were not saved at all, but eaten.

I bet his boss was furious.

I saw a white dog shit on the street the other day, which wouldn't be out of place in this box.

chveik

in brexit britain this will be your weekly ration

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: imitationleather on October 10, 2020, 10:23:42 PM
Also apparently the Turkey Twizzlers you can get these days don't hold a candle to the ones they had back then.

These are original ones though. They found a big pile behind a shed that'd been there 20 years.

Butchers Blind

If you were to summarise the phrase 'shit for cunts' in a picture, it would be that box.

Captain Crunch

I've been going to Teesside regularly for work for over a year now and I still haven't had a parmo.  I do want to try one but I'm a bit scared it'll be like when Mark Steel went to Subway.   Also there's that bit in Tim Moore's terrible book where he tries one and promptly pukes it up in the gutter. 

touchingcloth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 11, 2020, 12:30:00 PM
If you were to summarise the phrase 'shit for cunts' in a picture, it would be that box.

Loot crate for cunts.

thenoise

It's not actually for poor people is it? It's for gen x-ers reminiscing about when they were poor but 'appy. Fuck knows what actual poor people eat. Presumably whatever ends up in the poor box at sainsburys. Mainly tinned potatoes and pasta if my local is anything to go by.

wooders1978

I think the cunt who's asking 15 quid for it needs to be decked - a tenner I could let slide and I might even pray for those that buy it but 15 quid?? Fucking outrage

Replies From View

I quite fancy one day enquiring about "a 4ft parmo for one".  And to clarify, when they ask, that I am seeking a 4ft parmo that has been scaled down in size to make it a sensible portion for one person instead of thirty people.  "That wouldn't be a 4ft parmo then sir," they will say.  And I'll look back at them in a dumbstruck fashion.

Much like the day I asked for "a one-season pizza".  That was fun.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

ZoyzaSorris

touchingcloth

A 4foot parmo between 30 people is 1.6 inches of parmo each. I've never had a parmo, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't consider myself "fed" by less than 2 inches of parmo.

beanheadmcginty

Surely that's dependent upon the unspecified depth and width of said parmo?

JamesTC

Quote from: thenoise on October 11, 2020, 05:33:53 PMPresumably whatever ends up in the poor box at sainsburys. Mainly tinned potatoes and pasta if my local is anything to go by.

Poor people can't afford to shop at Sainsbury's. Even the reduced section is more expensive than Asda.