Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

£15 back to the 90's takeaway.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, October 10, 2020, 08:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure where Milanos Fast Food is. Out beyond Witton, on the way to Sutton Coldfield.

QuoteMILANO FAST FOOD - BIRMINGHAM
Travelling to the Midlands for this Parmo we searched the Internet and found Milano reviews top notch.
We ordered a large Parmo costing £9 which came in a huge box. The Parmo is a good size but is definitely two halves side by side and could of came in a smaller box. The Parmo is already cut up for us so this is a finger job!
The thick, fresh, white chicken is cooked to perfection. To have chicken this thick and still moist is an absolute skill. There's no crunch this Parmo and some of the breadcrumbs have stuck to the grease paper underneath it.
The béchamel sauce is very limited. What sauce is there is thick and pretty tasteless. There's a generous amount of cheese, melted well and mild tasting.
The fries are standard in taste and quality and have a little seasoning on top which has a peri peri BBQ flavour. The salad is fresh and standard, using red onion and ice burg lettuce. A very small garlic costing 30p is strong and runny with a good kick to it.
The meat is so good on this Parmo that it has serious potential to be great but the sauce needs some serious TLC.
Good quality ingredients and an enjoyable Parmo scoring 3 out of 5.
Milano Fast Food - Birmingham, You have been perved on.
With this order we also had a gorgeous kebab and BBQ sauce pizza! Very nice indeed.

The Lurker

Can confirm the parmo is a thing of beauty

idunnosomename

Quote from: icehaven on October 13, 2020, 01:09:13 PM
I was thinking more cowpat.
or a rotten mixture of curdled milk and pus that bursts out of a decomposing cow's udders maybe

Sebastian Cobb

These parmos do sound inciting, cheese and bechemel has the sort of 'sludge' factor I want in really grubby food but it sounds like they could benefit from being spiced up a bit, maybe a bit of a mexican twist with the chicken being seasoned in burrito spices and some jalepenos would take it to the next level.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 13, 2020, 01:53:27 PM
These parmos do sound inciting, cheese and bechemel has the sort of 'sludge' factor I want in really grubby food but it sounds like they could benefit from being spiced up a bit, maybe a bit of a mexican twist with the chicken being seasoned in burrito spices and some jalepenos would take it to the next level.

From my research today I've learned that tomato is involved sometimes, probably pizza style topping. Think I'd prefer the pure béchamel experience myself.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 13, 2020, 01:53:27 PM

At the risk of being that guy, do you mean "enticing"? Unless they are inciting you to violence, which is entirely possible, you brute.

Sebastian Cobb

I meant enticing but couldn't be fucked fixing it when I realised my error. Lockdown seems to have adversely affected my ability to write.

I think I usually make these mistakes when I'm tired and not switched on and not having to be in an office means I can get away with being groggier than usual.

touchingcloth

Yeah, I assumed it was an oversight rather than having the wrong word, I mainly just wanted an excuse to post that sketch.