Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Matt Forde Cries Over Bad Amazon Reviews

Started by DrGreggles, October 11, 2020, 12:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

bgmnts

Fake reviews aren't technically legal right?

DrGreggles

I don't think they're illegal.
Of course, they could just be genuine reviews from people who read his book and thought it was shit.

DrGreggles

Just had a look at some of the reviews and the positive ones come across as being fake more than the negative ones do.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

He's not going to like what people are saying about his Boris Johnson voice on Spitting Image either.

jobotic

I didn't become a centrist to be criticised!

imitationleather

He should probably give writing a better book a try.

SavageHedgehog

Remember when "someone" asked their fans to flood Amazon with positive reviews for their lacklustre radio-adaptation sitcom c.2014?

NoSleep

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 11, 2020, 12:47:54 PM
Just had a look at some of the reviews and the positive ones come across as being fake more than the negative ones do.

It's all that genuine centrists can muster.

idunnosomename

i dont know why hes moaning about bad amazon reviews when he's putting reviews as damning as these out as promotion

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If only there was a continuity capitalism party he could vote for!

idunnosomename

Hahaha these are great

"Beloved by war criminals, transphobes, and Richard Osman"

Stirling use of Oxford comma

https://twitter.com/TheTrashiesUK/status/1314580248311353346?s=09

Icehaven

How is anyone still doing "that" pose in publicity shots in 2020?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on October 11, 2020, 12:26:37 PM
Fake reviews aren't technically legal right?

A review is a review. Shit post.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on October 11, 2020, 01:39:37 PM
How is anyone still doing "that" pose in publicity shots in 2020?

I was thinking that.... it's the "gentle harrumph!" pose. "I'm fed up, but living in relative luxury, whatsthatallabouteh?"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 11, 2020, 01:45:21 PM
I was thinking that.... it's the "gentle harrumph!" pose. "I'm fed up, but living in relative luxury, whatsthatallabouteh?"

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 11, 2020, 01:43:24 PM
A review is a review. Shit post.

QuoteMany businesses who hire online reputation management companies to help them repair damage ‎caused by negative online reviews, often choose not to ask too many questions about how the ‎miraculous improvement in their company's online review ranking had occurred. They do ‎however need to be aware that in the UK, writing fake online reviews (or astroturfing, as this ‎practice is commonly referred to) is illegal.

May be wrong. Amazon probably not arsed anyway and I want Matt Forde to be ruined.

Small Man Big Horse

He seems to have deleted that tweet now, which is a shame as I'd loved to have seen the responses.

BlodwynPig

"Mein Kampf for the loafer-wearing class"

DrGreggles

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 11, 2020, 01:48:05 PM
He seems to have deleted that tweet now, which is a shame as I'd loved to have seen the responses.

I saw a few of them and they weren't exactly from #TeamForde.

He was the political advisor to the second elected mayor in Stoke. A man that was absolutely mired in ACCUSATIONS of corruption and bribe taking.

I'd be interested to hear if his book included the advice he offered then. But not so interested to pay to find out.

Cursus

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on October 11, 2020, 02:01:10 PM
He was the political advisor to the second elected mayor in Stoke. A man that was absolutely mired in ACCUSATIONS of corruption and bribe taking.

I'd be interested to hear if his book included the advice he offered then. But not so interested to pay to find out.

It looks like he says a bit about his time in Stoke:

Sebastian Cobb

That preamble is the literary equivalent of wanking in public.

dissolute ocelot

Quotewriting fake online reviews (or astroturfing, as this ‎practice is commonly referred to) is illegal.

Not true. Writing fake positive reviews for your own product is illegal. Writing fake negative views is not illegal, but you risk civil legal action for defamation, libel, etc (although even that only applies to statements of fact, not opinion.)

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 11, 2020, 01:46:19 PM

It would be impressive for anyone to bring such surgical precision to either comedy or political analysis. Forde's ability to bring it to both - in spades - is truly remarkable. A sparkling jewel of a book, James O'Brien

"A sparkling jewel" reminds me of that Adam and Joe bit where it's actually just a dog tard covered in those shiny green flies