Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:52:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Matt Forde Cries Over Bad Amazon Reviews

Started by DrGreggles, October 11, 2020, 12:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Really hurting from the early closure of the gastro pubs.

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 13, 2020, 06:35:12 PM
I just thought it funnier to envision a couple of these bland tweets in some kind of unfortunate twitter Polari

That's where I was coming from, it was just some bored riffing on an ambiguous urban dictionary entry. I don't think there was any commenting on anyone's sexuality.

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

gib

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 13, 2020, 08:25:07 PM
This is not available to me. I am wounded. What does it say?

when it says 'This is not available to you' just try refreshing the page and it usually works

Sebastian Cobb

I'm guessing Johnny's been blocked because in Forde's mind even being mildly disparaging about centrists is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD left.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gib on October 13, 2020, 08:59:32 PM
when it says 'This is not available to you' just try refreshing the page and it usually works

It didn't work. However, I forgot that switching to a private browser does. Sorry to waste your time Better Midlands.

Dex Sawash

I get the not available thing or some other placeholder page about half the time. Is that because I don't have an account?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 13, 2020, 09:28:50 PM
I get the not available thing or some other placeholder page about half the time. Is that because I don't have an account?

I get it a lot as well - I just assumed it was because the posts people had linked to had been taken down since.

mjwilson

It can be but often it's just because Twitter is a bit shit.

jobotic

I nearly always get it when on my phone. Try again and it works.

BlodwynPig

NoSleep

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 13, 2020, 08:25:07 PM
This is not available to me. I am wounded. What does it say?

Just refresh the page when that happens; sometimes twice. EDIT: snap

phantom_power

The thing that gets me about this cunt and his kind is that he bleats about the left taking over his party. It is a fucking left wing party. It was New Labour that did the hi-jacking, hence the name

Bernice

I think he suffers with the same thing a lot of centrists do, which is a fascination with the aura of politics: the Commons put-downs, the News at 10 pomp, the West Wing walking and talking. When you could stick a fag paper between the rhetoric and, I suspect, personal politics of Blair and Major you remove thorny questions of ideology and reduce it all to the delicious aura, the mise-en-scene of sensible adults in suits having serious conversations. The questioning of that cozy consensus, from both left and right, ruins the party. Keep politics out of politics!

pigamus

Absolutely yeah. And a complete aversion to any question of morality. They think morality is something the Archbishop of Canterbury does.

Sebastian Cobb

Morality is reserved for idealogues, with their moral purity, centrists are far more sensible and fluid. Unless it involves amplifying the discomfort of some centre-right middle class Jews to unseat a left wing leader, then they're all about moral purity all of a sudden.

NoSleep

"Pragmatic" until whining will achieve their desired result.

jobotic

Morality?

Listen to you lot, showing off how ideologically pure you all are. That's where you're happy aren't you? Showing each other how faithful to Jeremy you are on the side-lines while the grown ups do all the work. Get back to the SWP.

Is what they would say.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on October 12, 2020, 05:05:14 PMJo Swinson came along and gave most of them a convenient mast

Each to their own

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on October 14, 2020, 10:48:58 AM
Morality?

Listen to you lot, showing off how ideologically pure you all are. That's where you're happy aren't you? Showing each other how faithful to Jeremy you are on the side-lines while the grown ups do all the work. Get back to the SWP.

Is what they would say.

feel like pure shite just want the iniquitous managers back

Paul Calf

Walk in shadow, move in silence
Guard against extreme-left violence
But yo we ain't on no government list
We straight don't exist, no names and no fingerprints
Like UBI? watch your back
'Cause you never quite know where the MIS is at

Here come the Men In Suits,
Neolib defenders.
Here come the Men In Suits,
Protecting payday lenders.
Uh, eh

The Men In Suits
(Uh, eh)
The Men In Suits
(Uh, eh)

idunnosomename

Wicka wicka fa wicka wicka fa wicka wicka far far left

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on October 14, 2020, 08:38:19 AM
Just refresh the page when that happens; sometimes twice. EDIT: snap

Nah, it doesn't work.

Quote from: SpiderChrist on October 14, 2020, 10:56:37 AM
Each to their own

:-D That's how you deploy a double entendre, Hand Solo.

NoSleep

Icehaven

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 13, 2020, 03:00:42 PM

Have I missed something? Are Greggs and Green & Blacks rivals for no logical reason? Isn't that almost literally like comparing chalk and cheese?