Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Matt Forde Cries Over Bad Amazon Reviews

Started by DrGreggles, October 11, 2020, 12:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

bgmnts

I prefer the scent of lavender to Confucianism.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on October 14, 2020, 03:23:46 PM
Have I missed something? Are Greggs and Green & Blacks rivals for no logical reason? Isn't that almost literally like comparing chalk and cheese?

They're basically the same thing, as long as you look at the first three and final letter of each.

NoSleep

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 14, 2020, 03:28:47 PM
No, it's a twat blocking it.

Just you, then? Try signing out of twitter (if you're a member; I'm not) then follow the link.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on October 14, 2020, 03:56:40 PM
Just you, then? Try signing out of twitter (if you're a member; I'm not) then follow the link.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 13, 2020, 09:06:37 PM
[Refreshing] didn't work. However, I forgot that switching to a private browser does. Sorry to waste your time Better Midlands.

gib

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 14, 2020, 01:06:13 PM
Nah, it doesn't work.

i just checked and you have to actually refresh the page as in F5 and not rely on the refresh icon that twitter puts up on the page

the hum

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gib on October 14, 2020, 10:22:00 PM
i just checked and you have to actually refresh the page as in F5 and not rely on the refresh icon that twitter puts up on the page

I know.

Fambo Number Mive

Forde's on Have I Got News For You on Friday 23rd. As is Evening Standard columnist Ayesha Hazarika.

idunnosomename

wow two so-called* comedians who have never told a good joke in their fucking life

* I know this is a generally cunty turn of phrase I usually only use in jest but what else can you say.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 18, 2020, 01:24:24 PM
Forde's on Have I Got News For You on Friday 23rd. As is Evening Standard columnist Ayesha Hazarika.
My streak of not watching it in 20 years will continue, it seems.

pigamus

holyzombiejesus

Did anyone see this fuck on HIGNFY tonight. Fucking hell, just desperate.

idunnosomename

i mean Forde's Trump impression isn't bad at all. it's better than mine, but we should acknowledge Trump is kind of the Frank Spencer of world leaders and just about everyone can do him. but yeah, not funny. it needs the utter absurdity of something like being obsessed with Weird Al's accordion. but then Matt Forde isn't funny.

petril

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 24, 2020, 12:57:01 AM
i mean Forde's Trump impression isn't bad at all. it's better than mine, but we should acknowledge Trump is kind of the Frank Spencer of world leaders and just about everyone can do him. but yeah, not funny. it needs the utter absurdity of something like being obsessed with Weird Al's accordion. but then Matt Forde isn't funny.

at least with this we don't have to see Lenny Henry try it

greencalx

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 23, 2020, 11:23:30 PM
Did anyone see this fuck on HIGNFY tonight. Fucking hell, just desperate.

This probably belongs in CC but even by the standards of post-Deayton HIGNFY this was a dire episode. The first couple this series, now that a studio audience has returned, were ok - nothing special, but passed the time. This one was so flat it made East Anglia look like the alps. Merton said about two words during the whole show, which tends to signal what he thinks of the host and guests. Jennifer Saunders's timing was all off, and her script was full of the formulaic jokes that were funny in the 90s when Angus was doing them, but less so 30 years later. What little momentum that did gather just got killed whenever Forde opened his mouth.

Fambo Number Mive

A studio audience has returned? Who would put their life and the lives of others at risk for sitting in the audience of Have I Got News For You?

Centrist satire finds another way to put lives at risk.

Are they taking the precautions SNL did or are they not even going that?

greencalx

Yeah there's Perspex screens between the performers, and I think an audience of around 40 people, presumably in household groups. When the camera cuts to the audience, which isn't very often, you see threes and fours sitting together at some distance from others. I believe may be a second audience watching a livestream in a cinema, to fill out the applause/laughter.

Fambo Number Mive

I've started a HIGNFY studio audience returns thread in Comedy Chat.

the hum

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 24, 2020, 12:57:01 AM

Forde probably thinks impressionism is de facto satire. Poor soul. I doubt even Alastair McGowan thinks that.

touchingcloth

Just overheard him on a podcast saying "I think shepherd's pie is the best meal you can have".

And this is in an interview with Jeffrey Archer, who has just said "my favourite cheese? Cheddar. You've got to have a good medium cheddar."

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 30, 2020, 06:04:19 PM
Just overheard him on a podcast saying "I think shepherd's pie is the best meal you can have".

And this is in an interview with Jeffrey Archer, who has just said "my favourite cheese? Cheddar. You've got to have a good medium cheddar."
Sounds like you were listening to a text-to-speech version of one of the Desolation threads.

Johnny Yesno

touchingcloth

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 30, 2020, 06:39:35 PM
Sounds like you were listening to a text-to-speech version of one of the Desolation threads.

It was extreme deso. I listened for longer than I'd've liked to because I was sure - even from that pair - that they were doing "a bit". Shepherd's pie and cheddar are wonderful things, but "the best meal" and "must be mild", for fuck's sake.

Fambo Number Mive

Cheddar is my second least favourite cheese. My least favourite is knob cheese.