Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:16:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm Having Christmas Dinner Today

Started by DrGreggles, October 11, 2020, 01:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Have you pulled crackers and put your paper hat on yet?

Danger Man

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 11, 2020, 03:45:47 PM
is he still doing the Christmas every day thing?

No. Because he never did in the first place.

Danger Man

We are long overdue another flounce thread.

steve98

Can't we all just get along? Can't we all (at least in this thread, if no other) be like Mr Christmas, for a day? That would be my one wish for the group this Christmas: I wish we all could be Mr Christmas every day.

thenoise

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 11, 2020, 03:33:53 PM
bleak

https://www.mrchristmas.co.uk/blog-news

Not updated his blog in 2 years ... hope he's alright.

It looks like a homemade 90s site, maybe hes discovered facebook or Instagram or Tik tok or something. Or maybe he's topped himself.

pancreas

wooders1978

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 11, 2020, 03:45:47 PM
is he still doing the Christmas every day thing? maybe you could pop round, check how he is getting on, open the curtains, put out the bins, that sort of thing.

I've only just learnt that he lives so nearby today - his "blog" ended in 2018 by the look of it and as it appears he was tucking into a whole roast chicken everyday, it simply can't have been sustainable, I'm fucking finding out though!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

wooders, you should go over to his house and introduce yourself as our representative. Might be an idea to take a present.

wooders1978

Shortly after the blog was "wrapped up" it should be noted

Butchers Blind

Quote from: thenoise on October 11, 2020, 05:25:22 PM
Not updated his blog in 2 years ... hope he's alright.

It looks like a homemade 90s site, maybe hes discovered facebook or Instagram or Tik tok or something. Or maybe he's topped himself.

He's on OnlyFans now.  If you pay the upper tier price then its nude Mr Xmas pics and vids.

Captain Crunch

I had a Christmas dinner last month, always a good idea to practice the stuffing before the Big J's Big Day. 

wooders1978

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on October 11, 2020, 05:30:17 PM
wooders, you should go over to his house and introduce yourself as our representative. Might be an idea to take a present.

And get my phone nicked?

Maybe...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Well, if you give him a phone as the present, he probably won't nick yours.

wooders1978

My mate lives in Melksham - I need to get his intel (and skirt around the fact we never went for that pint he suggested a month or two back)

Ferris

Just remembered it's thanksgiving and we've been asked round the in laws for turkey and stuffing in 2 hours so now I feel a right idiot for mocking everyone. I too will have essentially xmas dinner today.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on October 11, 2020, 04:26:44 PM
No. Because he never did in the first place.

But I saw Lorraine Kelly talking about this in the early 00s!

touchingcloth

My partner has just told me that Mumsnet has a whole subforum of people who are obsessed with Christmas, and discuss it all year round.

She's read some quotes from some threads, or of which started along the lines of "is it ok to decorate my living room in a different colour theme to my kitchen?" and another with "it is just going to be me and my partner for Christmas this year, what should we do? We have breakfast in bed most days so that isn't a treat, and I don't particularly want to do a full sit down breakfast either as that seems to extravagant. What are some ideas for nice things we can do?"

Excuse me, Mumsnet. What are some things which mean and women in general like? Specifically, what do my husband and I enjoy doing together?

BlodwynPig

flotemysost

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 11, 2020, 06:47:13 PM
My partner has just told me that Mumsnet has a whole subforum of people who are obsessed with Christmas, and discuss it all year round.

But have they got a thread for documenting their festive shits?

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 11, 2020, 03:33:53 PM
https://www.mrchristmas.co.uk/blog-news

Dread to think of the state of this lad's colon, tbf.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Danger Man on October 11, 2020, 07:06:23 PM
He's been stealing a woman's phone every day for the last two years.

hahaha!

Everyday is Christmas when you're got a new Iphone

BlodwynPig

Quote from: flotemysost on October 11, 2020, 07:33:02 PM

Dread to think of the state of this lad's colon, tbf.

26th is the "Big reveal", book early to a-void disappointment. This year Mr. Christmas will be doing his big Boxing Day (read: Christmas Day) reveal via zoom...in these uncertain times.

thenoise

Quote from: bgmnts on October 11, 2020, 01:56:44 PM
A question i've always been too afraid to ask but what actually is the main difference between Christmas dinner and a bog standard roast? Is it quantity? Stuffing?

Sprouts not cabbage
Cranberry sauce
Christmas pudding afterwards
All washed down with wildly inappropriate champagne substitute sparkly plonk or Bucks Fizz, not an actually tasty beer.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Pigs in blankets too. Never get eaten at any other time of year.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on October 11, 2020, 09:30:15 PM
Pigs in blankets too. Never get eaten at any other time of year.

An essential part of every Sunday roast for some of us.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ooh, get you with your year round pigs in blankets.

DrGreggles

Too fucking right! Love those little double-pork bastards.