Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:16:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hancock's Alleged Almost Half Hour Past Curfew

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 11, 2020, 06:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Matt Hancock, who is less capable of being health secretary than a jug of cold piss, is accused of drinking in the House of Commons bar past curfew:

QuoteHealth Secretary Matt Hancock has denied claims he broke the government's coronavirus drinking curfew by continuing to consume alcohol in the Commons bar after 10pm.

A senior Tory MP told the Mail on Sunday that Mr Hancock remained in the Smoking Room bar until at least 10.25pm on Monday, despite House Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle insisting Commons venues must abide by the same curfew as all English pubs.

The newspaper also reported Mr Hancock arrived at the bar just before a 9.40pm vote, ordered a glass of white wine and joked: "The drinks are on me - but Public Health England are in charge of the payment methodology so I will not be paying anything."

Mr Hancock's alleged reference to Public Health England came after he had addressed the Commons regarding the controversy over the organisation misplacing nearly 16,000 coronavirus test results.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-matt-hancock-denies-breaching-10pm-drinking-curfew-in-commons-bar-12101358

If this is true it will be great, but he won't resign whatever happens. Ministers never resign if they have been caught out any more.

Inspector Norse

QuoteMr Hancock arrived at the bar just before a 9.40pm vote, ordered a glass of white wine and joked: "The drinks are on me - but Public Health England are in charge of the payment methodology so I will not be paying anything."

He may be the worst Health Secretary since Gazza employed Jimmy Five Bellies to plan the weekly shop but boy does he have a way with a snappy one-liner!

BlodwynPig

He was supposed to announce the work we are doing last Monday, so its due to happen tomorrow now. Comms team will be raging if this overshadows it again!

There's a strange pact that's been made within the cabinet, there have been several instances which could have led to a resignation in the past. Hancock's been involved in several of these instances. But no one is going anywhere. This seems like a play from a playbook.

Cuellar

Non peccat, quaecumque potest peccasse negare, solaque famosam culpa professa facit.

jobotic

They do whatever they fucking want. Apart from ever admit they've done anything wrong. If they do that Cummings will crush them.

And that's it.

Hand Solo

"The drinks are on me - but Public Health England are in charge of the payment methodology so I will not be paying anything."

Oh, er, naughty, you've combined metric and imperial, you might get an interdenominational...er, you know, from mixing the two measurement systems, a hangover of that kind.

non capisco

Quote"The drinks are on me - but Public Health England are in charge of the payment methodology so I will not be paying anything."

Steady on, Matt Hancock, mate. There is such a thing as TOO funny, you know.

mjwilson

To think that we have a thread on this very forum about the sorry state of British satire.

Cold Meat Platter

This imbroglio is epiphenomenal.
Complaining about health and safety violations on the Enola Gay.

evilcommiedictator

"He thought he had a problem with his bladder, so he had to stay back and drink a lot to test it out"

idunnosomename

i want matt hancock dead. fucked inside out. beyond recognition. fed to pigs.

olliebean

They're doing it deliberately at this stage, aren't they? Just to normalise the idea that they can do what the fuck they like and get away with it.