Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

East end girl accents giving me the right horn

Started by Nowhere Man, October 12, 2020, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand Solo

Always thought Kate Bush's speaking voice was uncharacteristically East End-ish, at least to my Northern ears, she's from Kent? It's obviously not as harsh as the type I'm used to from off the telly, but I expected her to sound far more RP than that probably because of how enunciated her singing voice is.

flotemysost

My dad's family sound like this, and they still do stuff like trying to get me to eat jellied eels when I see them, or singing The Lambeth Walk when they're pissed (and they're not even from Lambeth). I sounds fairly generic middle class Southerner most of the time, with a sliding scale of Thames estuary (which goes up and down depending on who I'm with/how drunk I am).

Don't think I have the hots for any particular accent, I think someone's voice can be alluring but it's probably more the pitch or the character they imbue it with, rather than "I'd def shag anyone from x region" (I've posted before the story about the guy who wanted me to put on an Indian accent as a turn-on). (I didn't.)

It baffles me when Americans talk about sexy Briddish accents too, I always just assume they want to fuck the Queen or Harry Potter.

This is the accent you're most likely to hear in the back of a fake taxi, so your Pavlovian response is to get that RFH.

El Unicornio, mang

I remember when I first moved to Hereford for college at age 18 and being amazed by the accents of the locals and the London, Birmingham, Irish etc people I met. When you've spent your life hearing pretty much nothing but Geordies and Scots, these accents are highly exotic. Went out with a girl from Bradford for a couple of months not long ago and I have to say the accent didn't do it for me.

Any other European accents, I'm well into. I think there's a subconscious association with the kind of late night channel 4, slightly erotic films I would watch growing up. Kind of like Americans associate British accents with suave sophistication, until they actually meet us.

thenoise

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 13, 2020, 11:13:29 AM
I remember when I first moved to Hereford for college at age 18 and being amazed by the accents of the locals and the London, Birmingham, Irish etc people I met. When you've spent your life hearing pretty much nothing but Geordies and Scots, these accents are highly exotic. Went out with a girl from Bradford for a couple of months not long ago and I have to say the accent didn't do it for me.

Any other European accents, I'm well into. I think there's a subconscious association with the kind of late night channel 4, slightly erotic films I would watch growing up. Kind of like Americans associate British accents with suave sophistication, until they actually meet us.

Confused if you discovered your cock to Eurotrash, where they would delight in dubbing the nude Eurototty with incongruous English regional accents, which I forever associate with that magical 30 second margin before Antoine de fucking Caunes' stupid face comes on and spoils it all.