Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have you ever tried to reason with a Covidiot?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 12, 2020, 12:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theremin

Quote from: bgmnts on October 12, 2020, 09:27:59 PM
Everyone in this thread can now answer Yes to the thread title.

You are 100% right and I turn over my account to you

Bernice

but masks stop oxygen, i can tell this from the way my head turns blue and i die whenever i put one on.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: druss on October 13, 2020, 10:05:50 AM
Sweden isn't doing perfectly fine. Covid hasn't been blown out of all proportion. But there's definitely a question over whether the impact of lockdown measures on the economy and the increase of mental health issues and suicides is the lesser of two evils. A friend of mine is a doctor who has been working on the front line all year and she thinks the knock on effect of lockdown measures is worse than if we'd gone for the Sweden model.

I'm not sure where I stand, probably leaning towards her way of thinking but I haven't had any loved ones die of Covid and if it turns out that lockdown has stopped my Mum from dying then I'm glad it's the way we went (although we should have done it much earlier if it was always going to happen of course).

It's definitely more complicated than "lockdown=good, anyone who disagrees=covidiot" though.

I bow down to the Covexpert, or Covpert as I like to call them.

Theremin

Quote from: Bernice on October 13, 2020, 11:27:03 AM
but masks stop oxygen, i can tell this from the way my head turns blue and i die whenever i put one on.

This is true - for example mask-wearing has been common practice is many East Asian countries for years, and unfortunately everyone in Japan is now dead

druss

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 13, 2020, 11:27:21 AM
I bow down to the Covexpert, or Covpert as I like to call them.
I'm basically sitting on the fence, like I said. Just pointing out that it's a more complex issue than is being made out. There are some idiots, of course. But that doesn't mean every person who questions the merit of locking down a country falls in to the idiot category.