Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:28:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ice Cream

Started by dr_christian_troy, October 13, 2020, 05:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

*David Attenborough voice talking about herds of wild tits roaming the Savannah*

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Thursday on October 14, 2020, 08:55:39 AM
Those Nuii Ice Cream's are a superior alternative to the Magnum style of Ice creams, the berry one being by far the best.
They are nice, but the advert for them is so offensively wanky that it puts me off ever wanting to eat them again.

Quote from: Buelligan on October 14, 2020, 12:39:27 PM
Yes, and that seems wrong.  I think it probably is wrong.  Try to make yourself think of spunk every time milk is mentioned, see if that helps.  Otherwise, report yourself to the appropriate authority.

Just taking that as confirmation that she uses spunk rather than breast milk.

Not selling me on this ice cream, tbh.

Chollis

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 14, 2020, 12:34:42 PM
Really liking Snickers ice cream bars at the mo'.

Good lord yes. Haven't had one of those in years, used to be such a treat when I were a nipper!

JaDanketies

after joining vegan Facebook pages and subreddits, now I can't even look at some delicious melted cheese on a steaming hot pizza without  imagining a cow udder spurting all over it

they could make ice cream dispensers look like cow udders

Buelligan

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 14, 2020, 12:42:06 PM
Just taking that as confirmation that she uses spunk rather than breast milk.

Not selling me on this ice cream, tbh.

You should try the pineapple.

bgmnts

Ben and Jerries vegan ice cream for £2.50? Yes please i'll have four.

That Halo Top stuff is remarkably nice. I'd be surprised if it is actually any better for you than real ice cream, but it doesn't disappoint in the flavour department. Avoid the Co-Op's own-brand equivalent, which is a load of chalky, flavourless rubbish.

Blinder Data

one of the best things about living in the West of Scotland is that you're never too far from a decent independent gelateria.

I wonder what those poor bastards who migrated here in the late 19th century must have thought of their new towns. Leaving Umbria behind for Inverclyde. Desolation.

still, thanks to them, there's nothing like tucking into an 'oyster' filled with raspberry ripple ice cream as you stare into the black clouds on a cold afternoon in November

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on October 14, 2020, 02:30:17 PM
That Halo Top stuff is remarkably nice. I'd be surprised if it is actually any better for you than real ice cream, but it doesn't disappoint in the flavour department.

It's significantly less bad for you than "normal" ice cream, but that's of course in relative terms - you still don't want to be getting through a tub of it every day.

Surprised at the postivity for B&J vegan ice cream.  Just tastes weird to me.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 14, 2020, 02:51:00 PM
It's significantly less bad for you than "normal" ice cream, but that's of course in relative terms - you still don't want to be getting through a tub of it every day.
At five quid a tub, I wouldn't want to eat it that regularly anyway.

beanheadmcginty

I remember Nick Wiger mentioning in the Doughboys podcast that the reason Ben and Jerry's ice cream has all those random lumps of crap mixed in is because one of them (either Ben or Jerry) has no sense of taste, so he's only interested in texture.

Thursday

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on October 14, 2020, 12:41:30 PM
They are nice, but the advert for them is so offensively wanky that it puts me off ever wanting to eat them again.

Oh for sure, their website is something else. You make Ice Cream lads, calm down.

Shit Good Nose

I forgot to say in my earlier post that, whilst I'm all for artisan producers popping up (assuming it's still in business, there's an EXCELLENT and unassuming looking gelateria in Bath which does proper gelato and it's all made from scratch on site), I'm glad The Icecreamists (infamous as purveyors of human breast milk ice cream) went down the shitter.  Deserved - proper I Saw You Coming shit for cunts that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI have a friend who makes and sells her own ice cream with milk from her own organic herd.

Speaking of which, if anyone goes walking near Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale etc, there's a family farm at Lofthouse that serves homemade ice cream. It isn't immediately obvious but if you walk up out of the village to the north west they have a little shed they operate out of.

Good flavours too, not just the usual stuff: Bilberry, rum + raisin. All whole cream.

You can even look at the cows whose milk it was produced from, who are yards away, and go "cheers" or perhaps "soz" at them.

I am feeling quite maudlin now at the prospect of my AIDS-tier choc ice in the freezer.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on October 13, 2020, 05:47:40 PM
Butterscotch

Rossi's - as in Status Quo lad Francis' family - do a very decent butterscotch (and it is butterscotch, not just toffee or caramel), as well as several other flavours, most of which are fairly simple in terms of ingredients (for years they only made one single flavour - their take on vanilla - which was also, last I was there a few years ago, the only flavour served from their scoop shop in Weymouth).  Trouble is it's also incredibly difficult to find unless you live in the home counties.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Having worked from home all summer I have been mostly frequenting the four ice-cream vans that come around this way. Or should I say I've been mostly frequenting the best out of the four. I'm like Ben or Jerry, I need a bit of texture in my Mr. Whippy and the Best Ice-cream Van always has sprinkles and sherbet, plus all the syrups.

Dex Sawash

I like that Halo Top (america) put the calories for the entire pint right up front. Of course you're going to eat the whole thing you dirty old bollocks. Don't need to look at the nutrition label and do math.

bgmnts

Something off-putting about a pint of ice cream.

touchingcloth

Quote from: bgmnts on October 15, 2020, 12:41:04 AM
Something off-putting about a pint of ice cream.

Something unbelievable about that one being 280 calories per pint, or a "good source" of protein, or a pint being less than 500ml. New from Ben & Jerry's: Chinny Reckon.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 15, 2020, 07:43:29 AM
New from Ben & Jerry's: Chinny Reckon.

("only available in UK")

The low calories are legit - it's cos most of the milk, cream and sugar is replaced with skimmed milk powder (normally used in cheap ice cream and whippy) and "prebiotic fibres" (whatever they are) and alternative natural sweeteners (erythritol is very high up in the ingredients list).  It still has cream and sugar, but only in very small amounts (at least relatively for ice cream).

I know a lot of people say it's great stuff and "you wouldn't know the difference if you weren't told what it was", but it still has that odd "off" taste to me.  Like frozen yogurt.